Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30309 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:56 pm »

An unusually hot and persistent heatwave accompanies this summer.

Sir Biscuits takes local forces and attacks the bandits near the capital.
{5} vs {4} - Many great tales will be sung of this day. The Dragon's Wrath had accumulated quite the following, and were quite determined to win. Fortunately, they had the same supply problems plaguing the rest of the kingdom, and were poorly equipped. After a fierce battle, they were slain to the .. "man," their under construction fortifications put to the torch, and their ill-gotten gains plundered in the name of the kingdom.

Local military forces are now more experienced.

Darius uses the treasury to invest in local businesses.
{6} - Darius takes the entirety of the treasury and causes a massive economic boom near the capital.

Locke writes that cults are not good.
{3} - The high priests of the Pantheon of Good are convinced that the Cult of Shadows is bad.

<GLASSIfIED> continues chasing the adventurers.
{6} - This time, the assassin quickly finds the adventurers, heavily drinking by the side of the road. Not one survives the night.

According to their notes, they'd only just discovered the secrets of the vial: Fill it with plain water. After an hour, the liquid inside will be capable of turning rocks it is poured on into gold. The fluid is quickly absorbed by the stone.

Zechtenmarkus looks for a mountain to build a tower on.
{4} - There's a very nice mountain two hours' ride away from the king's castle.

Asha leads an anti-cultist inquisition.
{4},{5} vs {5} - The priestess and the necromancers go from town to town, gathering loyal forces and hunting down traces of the cult. The necromancers prove instrumental in locating many cultist hiding places.

Ultimately, she estimates that they purged only 80%-90% of the cultists in the kingdom this month. {?} - She did discover hints of a darker plot. As best she can tell, they're trying to gather enough influence to summon greater demons. {?} - The powerful necromancer doesn't seem to have been further corrupted by hunting down and fighting with cultists.

There are some casualties amongst the kingdom military forces.

Sage Holtze sends all 'clerics' with the priestess, and sends an aggressive letter to Swordsguard.
{2} - One night, while writing his letter, a squad of Swordsguard's finest assassins climb in through his window. {6} He activates his emergency escape ring, {3} and is teleported to a grassy field. The assassins teleport behind him less than half a minute later.

Holtze does not survive.

Sir Mangrove takes a vacation somewhere friendly.
{6} - Sir Mangrove takes a vacation in small state of Undermoon, to the north. They are emphatically concerned by the thought of Justdale falling. They send aid in the form of a fine knight, a squad of fierce berserkers, and a chest of assorted, valuable-looking jewelery.

They say not to mind is name, Slaughtersoul the Fiendish. He's a nice guy, really. Very dedicated.

King Roland sings drinking songs(??).
The treasury is dwindling, but is adequate to pay the military.
Taxes remain moderate.
The capital is clear.
Rebels have taken a few counties in the western part of the kingdom. Landed nobles are keeping the rest in check.
The cultists are quiet.

The local economy is recovering.
The kingdom economy is abysmal.

The local levies are moderate and mediocre.
The kingdom levies are taking heavy losses and of poor quality.

The king wants the rebels destroyed.

John Locke (nosaneinme), the palace fool.

Sir "Biscuits" McGee (NJW2000), knight of the crown and head of military finance.

Sir Mangrove (Harry Baldman), the Secretary of Love, Worldliness and Quests.

Asha Imeremifava (penguinofhonor), Priestess and Religious Adviser.

Darius Welthon (Coolrune206), Economic Adviser.

Classified (ATHATH), assassin.

Zechtenmarkus (crazyabe), Royal Mage and Adviser of magical Affairs.

SlaughterSoul The Fiendish (BFEL), Knight of Darkness.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:26:27 pm by Nirur Torir »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »

"I might have gone overboard getting the local economy to recover, but what matters now is that I've fixed it. Now, we can reap taxes from them, and gain the benefits. To richness!"

Celebrate my victory(?) with the king, giving him a little bit more dwarven booze. Speak to him about the importance of slade floodgates, and tell him that only John Locke is capable of building them, but only under the threat of death.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2015, 03:51:19 pm »

Waitlist me please.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2015, 04:09:04 pm »

Try promote Trade by help with merchant class, Plutocracy is way to go King

"It would be good idea to help merchant to fix our economy, my lord" 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »

Get a feel for the government and general goings-on of Undermoon. They seem like a nice bunch, really. Regale them with tales of the planes of Pain-Made-Music.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2015, 05:08:22 pm »

I borrow all peasants and mages that have nothing else to do, and start construction of a Mage guild tower on 'my' mountain.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2015, 05:50:31 pm »

((Noo!  Well, I am not too surprised.  Nice game, that was entertaining.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »

SlaughterSoul the Fiendish walks into court, trailing a miasma of ill-thought behind him. He is greeted by Sir Mangrove, telling a wondrous story of the planes of Pain-Made-Music, unaware that SlaughterSoul himself had a hand in that.

Ah, while that IS fascinating, I fear I must...get to work

He then takes his retinue to the Kingdom's barracks, and initiates a training course. Any who desert or fail to fight off the berserker they are paired with are magically infused with pure painfruit, their screams shall motivate the others not to fail.

((Noo!  Well, I am not too surprised.  Nice game, that was entertaining.))
((Fear not, I shall insure painfruit becomes the root of all evil in this world!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

the mage Zechtenmarkus wanders in upon S.S.T.F.
Hello there, wait a while and listen you must be the new adviser.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2015, 06:24:14 pm »

Indeed I am. Apologies for not introducing myself earlier, but you all seemed to be busy with your own tasks.

Indeed, I do this.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

"No I am never too busy for my fellow advisers, I am Zechtenmarkus, You wouldn't by any chance know a competent demonologist? because you look like the kind of man who would."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:31:30 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:43 pm »

"Greetings, Mr. Knight. Just one thing for you to know: If you go near the treasury, not even an army of a thousand men could stop me from implanting sweet dwarven justice in hammer form into your brain. Just a heads up.... SO DON'T GO NEAR MY MONEY!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

SlaughterSoul smirks at the sign from the mage. Rather impressive, most require focused painfruit mutation to get their blood to do that.
I know several, in fact. I'll be sure to introduce you to them when I find the time

Ah, fear not Sir Dwarf. I rather intend to help fill all our coffers, yours included.

Speaking of which, might I ask what enterprising soul organized such a wondrous amount of painfruit? Even in my lands it is rare to see the fields so aflame with them. Though it could simply be that you've planted them too close to each other...

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:01 pm »

((I only now realize just how skewed our adviser count is towards evil. We have maybe two non-evil advisers in Justdale.))

Any who desert or fail to fight off the berserker they are paired with are magically infused with pure painfruit, their screams shall motivate the others not to fail.
((Yesss. "Infused by painfruit" after losing a spar with an Undermoon berserker.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

Thank you sir.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24