Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 30240 times)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 09:01:53 pm »

I object to name fool, Do people call Voltaire fool.
((If he went up to a king asking for a job as a liberal agitator they would!
Also, fool can mean the same as jester. I like the mental image of a king putting a funny hat on Locke and asking him to be entertaining.))

(( should I prepare the his job actually is a is the corut philosopher who happens to be Uber-libertal,  just you that his jester when it clear that well-learn man and whose clearly of Noble birth))

Nunzillor

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 09:15:30 pm »

"Oh, but you should!  Tell us about 'civil liberties' like the right of assembly, that's good fun!  'We should let the rebels congregate so that they can storm the palace and raid the strategic mannafruit reserve!  Up is down!  Cats chase dogs!'  Please, excuse me." Holtze pauses as he is overcome by a fit of laughter.  The king may not be the brightest monarch to ever rule the land, but he clearly knows how to pick his jesters, Holtze reflected.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:44:03 am by Nunzillor »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 09:30:19 pm »

Name: Darius Welthon

Job: Economic advisor.

Darius Welthon is a dwarf whose economic policy of "If you touch my gold I'll lop your arms off" won him much respect in the business world, slowly but eventually bringing him to the attention of the previous king who hired him days before dying. Darius then stayed in employment for the new king, and is still disgusted at how frivolous this kind-hearted fool is at spending his money.

Motto: "You can't pilfer me gold if ye have no fingers! Unless ye use yer toes. Maybe I should chop those off too, just to be safe..."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:32:14 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 09:41:51 pm »

"Can the crown really afford to pay for jesters right now?"

Nunzillor

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 09:47:25 pm »

"Not really, no.  But the king has requested it, and the kingdom does what it can to satisfy our glorious regent.  Then again, I'm advising steps to stabilize the economy, such as it is, so perhaps some small excess is acceptable.  But that's really more of Darius' department."

"And besides, just listen to him!  Can you really say that he isn't worth it after hearing a few of those knee slappers?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:50:08 pm by Nunzillor »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 10:18:10 pm »

Done!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 01:57:51 am »

"Now, this is no way to enfranchise the peasant population! Which idiot here is talking about loans? And as for common government - well¬! Everyone knows the ony way to improve the lots of commoners is by hitting them: giving them money only insults them and makes them feel too low to run a business!"

*Thwack*

"See, I just turned that man's future 2-star coaching inn into a 4-star one with extra parking space and gastrotavern! Hitting peasants motivates them! What a worthwhile investment, I think I'll make a few more!"

*Thwack* *Thwawck*

Go out to hit some peasants and see if there are any military threats to our land - any dirty vagabonds, perchance?
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 02:47:55 am »

"Well, you lot appear to have things well in hand. Keep up the good work, everyone, and keep up the fine jesting, Mr. Locke. I think I shall look up a few things."

First order of business, are there any important artifacts that have gone missing or are known to be in the region? And are there any heroes born under certain stars to uncertain parents who would be amenable to prospects of looking for them? Do a bit of research.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 07:35:54 am »

Name: Yayaya Bushbush

Job: Fertility/Sexual Advisor

Yayaya was a former courtesan, who became an advisor through a combination of sexy dancing, and dumb luck. She mainly advises on fertility and issues with children throughout the kingdom. She also advocates for more rights for women, but is mainly dismissed as a bimbo and lunatic.

Motto: "For more babies, people must have more sex! Liberate women, and there will be more children!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »

Okay.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »

Athath, Crazyabe: You're in. If you want to post your actions for the first turn, go ahead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

"Your Majesty, so far as I can see we have no Large magical problems in your kingdom, but that may be the one thing you don't have problems with."

I walk around looking for "Magical" problems, such as the usual witches, demons, Massively odd weather Etcetera Etcetera...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »

((Awww, not me? Sadface :c))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »

I somehow didn't see you. You're in too, Coolrune, please post your action.

I think that brings us up to 8 and a full game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24