Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175]

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 261688 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #2610 on: September 04, 2024, 08:43:44 am »

I feel like the definition of war is two standing armies fighting. Apparantly your brain is as atrophied as your legs.
let

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 04, 2024, 09:52:15 am »

I feel like the definition of war is two standing armies fighting. Apparantly your brain is as atrophied as your legs.

Well, if the war comes to your home, you will have all the time to think about the nuances of definitions. But you are sure it won't happen in your lifetime, aren't you?

War is simple. It is when a lot of people actively try to kill another lot of people. And yep, you all forgot what it is and how it works. You have never been on the to-be-killed list, and neither were your loved ones.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 04, 2024, 04:07:57 pm »

There are many "western" countries that have avoided war on their soil in the past 100 years. Their "common" civilians know nothing about fighting or why the fighting over resources or terrain happens. They also don't understand why soldiers commit some of the cruel acts they do. NATO has done an excellent job in stopping wars and too many people do not understand why it is there still.

Edit: Also, the Hamas-Israel agreement is hung up over control of the Philadelphi Corridor. Netanyahu's press brief, where he makes a good case for Israel's control over the Philidelphi corridor, but he doesn't say anything about stopping the colonists.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 05:32:12 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175]