Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 265736 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1425 on: February 28, 2017, 06:42:47 am »

I thought they just used vodka

[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 28, 2017, 07:55:42 am »

News alert: Ukraine import thousands of bottles of Russian vodka, elite spec op team sprinkles all over Crimea
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 01, 2017, 05:46:26 am »

Thank Dionysus I have access to pharmaceutical grade ethanol. No sin tax on that!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 03, 2017, 04:08:51 am »

Some hilarious tragic bizarre news from Ukraine: Apparently, just yesterday, someone in Kiev did the following:

1. Ran away from police when approached.
2. Entered a bus and, threatening driver with a gun, forced him to drive.
3. After the bus has started moving, has shot at police through the front windows, at which moment the driver and the passengers have made their escape from the vehicle.
4. Then the shooter has took over the driver's seat and started to drive away, with police chasing him.
5. During this, he continued to shoot at police, with them returning fire. Oh, and he also rammed a car.
6. After a while, he abandoned the vehicle and escaped on foot, lightly wounding a police officer in the leg.
7. He fucking escaped. Police is still searching for him. It was yesterday, at 12 AM. It has been a full 24 hours. He hasn't been caught yet.

And before anyone dismisses it as "Russian propaganda", take a look at the headline at top:
Quote from: translation mine
For Russia territory — fetish. Because Moscow has never had nothing, except size, to prove its "greatness".
Vitaliy Portnikov
And those people are reporting a story about a GTA-style shootout in the capital of the fucking country. Ouch.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 03, 2017, 06:15:47 am »

And we laughed when they said video games influence people xD

Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 03, 2017, 08:41:36 am »

They don't.  And I would post a link to prove that, if my and my neighbours' houses weren't slowly being bombed to bits by aliens!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 03, 2017, 08:43:44 am »

It's always cute to see someone not realize that it's normal in the free world (tm) for media to post stories of bad stuff happening at home.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 03, 2017, 09:17:07 am »

It's always cute to see someone not realize that it's normal in the free world (tm) for media to post stories of bad stuff happening at home.
Drunk citizen of St. Petersburg has threatened an ambulance paramedic with murder. First page of "accident" heading on one of the biggest news sites in Russia. #debunked

No but seriously, the most bizarre part about that Ukrainian case is not the shootout, no. But the fact that the perpetrator escaped. On foot. After stealing a bus and shooting at police while driving it.
._.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 05, 2017, 11:19:58 pm »

Russian lawmaker aims to make football hooliganism a sport

MOSCOW (AP) -- A Russian lawmaker has proposed an unorthodox solution to the country's problems with soccer hooliganism ahead of next year's World Cup - legalize it and make it a spectator sport.

That inspired Igor Lebedev, who sits in the Russian parliament, to draw up rules for what he calls "draka," the Russian word for "fight" - 20 fighters on each side, unarmed, in an arena.

In a statement on the website of the nationalist LDPR party, Lebedev said organized brawls "could turn fans' aggression in a peaceful direction." He also claimed it would serve as an "example" for English fans, who he characterized as undisciplined louts and poor fighters.

"Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport," said Lebedev, who also suggested fights between different fan groups could draw crowds of thousands. "English fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time."
Some footage of how a typical fight between Russian football fans looks like. It totally has potential to become a national sport; and we would be able to show those English wankers their place, too!
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 05, 2017, 11:22:30 pm »

Good old LDPR proposals, life wouldn't have the same spice without them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 06, 2017, 03:50:20 am »

Russia's new tank. It's also known by designation "T-14". Is a lot more advanced than other Russian tanks, and among other advantages - can be operated remotely/fully automated, which could be very good with the future AI technology.

I though only the turret was remotely operated, and from within the tank itself.

That's like calling a plane that is flown by fly-by-wire remotely operated even though the pilot is the one doing the controls and inside the plane.
So, I've accidentally stumbled on a "source" of slightly questionable veracity which describes something a bit more advanced than "fly-by-wire":
Quote from: badly translated by me
In T-14 "Armata" on an initial stage of design has been implemented a capability of remote control. Also, tank T-14 has a very serious potential for modernization to transition to a fully robotized tank. Main obstacle to achieve full robotization at the moment of creation of test vehicles are not the technical obstacles of tank's production, but absence of developed mathematical software of artificial intelligence.

Nevertheless, in tank "Armata" there is a capability of remote control for independent evacuation of the tank in case of loss of ability to control the vehicle by the crew.
So, it can be driven around remotely, like an RC car.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 06, 2017, 05:08:22 am »

That's actually kinda cool. Now we just need to find a way to hack armata's and we can just drive them back to Moscow remotely.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 07, 2017, 07:14:28 pm »

So, some tiny rumblings in Belarus. Nothing big yet I guess, but something that might be watched.

I know the article says 'is Belarus the next Ukraine?', but the cultural relationships and history are different. I mean, I know Belarusians are Eastern Slavs, but I don't know how Belarusians see Russians culturally and vice versa. Somehow I don't really see Russia invading Belarus since it's an ally and almost a sattelite, so, attacking Belarus would be like "Russia, why are you invading your ally?" I mean, yeah Putin has Belarus on a short leash and their relationship has strained somewhat recently I think, but they're a fully independent country and an ally (even if not 100% willing).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:25:14 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 07, 2017, 07:32:42 pm »

I was always told that in general Belarus is all like "notice me sempai" and Russia is all like "go away and eat your potatoes baka", so I don't see the motive. They're theoretically in a political union already anyway, so there's no real purpose to little green men here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 15, 2017, 07:46:59 am »

Apparently there's some minor controversy currently going on in Russian Duma, after Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal-Democratic Party of Russia, has called some of the "United Russia" (Putin's party) deputies as "sellouts" and said that after the results of Presidential elections he will "ride into Kremlin" and will "shoot and hang" the opponents.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 175