Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 261862 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #615 on: July 07, 2016, 07:46:27 am »

Interesting, makes sense.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 10, 2016, 04:30:43 pm »

Good thing we won't end up there by mistake in the Europe thread.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 10, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »

Philippines is now in Europe?

Well, since Philippines were mentioned, here's some choice quotes from new Philippines President:
“It is going to be bloody,” he told a business group in April. “I will use the military and the police to go out and arrest them, hunt for them. And if they will offer a violent resistance, and thereby placing the lives of the law enforcers and the military whom I would task for a job to do, I will simply say, ‘Kill them all and end the problem.’”

Mr. Duterte promised to kill 100,000 criminals in his first six months in office and dump so many bodies in Manila Bay that the “fish will grow fat.”
The newly elected Philippines president, Rodrigo Duterte, urged a crowd of about 500 people on Thursday to kill drug addicts, according to the Guardian.

"If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself, as getting their parents to do it would be too painful," he told people in a Manila slum he was visiting after taking his presidential oath.
"If a drug dealer resists arrest or refuses to be brought to a police station and threatens a citizen with a gun or a knife, "you can kill him," Duterte said in a nationally televised speech in early June. "Shoot him and I'll give you a medal."
MANILA, Philippines - Killing a thousand people in the line of duty is justified.

This was the message of President Duterte yesterday to police personnel as he assured them that he has their back in their mission of keeping the public safe.

“Do your duty, and if in the process you kill one thousand persons because you were doing your duty, I will protect you. And if they try to impeach me, I will hurry the process and we will go out of the service together,” Duterte said.
There's already motions to decrease the age of criminal responsibility to 9, as well, which combines pretty well with the previous notions to turn Philippines into... something pretty bad.
._.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 10, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

Right now I'm very glad not to be in the Philippines. State-endorsed extrajudicial killing is a great way to tear a country apart.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 10, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »

Rodrigo Dutertre is shaping up to be one of those people I'm not going to feel guilty about being happy about being assasinated if it happens. He's set the bar pretty low at how you deal with problems. Also wouldn't surprise me if he has his own dealings in the drug business.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #622 on: July 11, 2016, 09:51:25 am »

More than 100 suspects have been killed in the seven weeks since Duterte’s election as president
He promised tens of thousands, will he be another politician who fails to deliver?

One other person was arrested on suspicion of drug offences, Galgo said, adding that three pistols and four grenades were found on the dead suspects.
Holy shit, Phili gangsters don't buy small

In Manila, police said they found a yet to be identified dead man, his entire head wrapped in tape, on a poorly lit road.
How absolutely terrifying

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 15, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »

Whelp things look to be going down in Turkey:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/turkey-low-flying-jets-and-gunfire-heard-in-ankara1/
Which worries me since I have family over there.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »

Oh, nice. Ataturk's Turkey is alive. Let's hope it will go smoothly with no bloodshed
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 15, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

I've heard reports that most social media sites are down in turkey right now and that the military is already claiming they have complete control of the country. I've also heard reports that they don't, that this coup is only a part a of the military and basically a whole bunch of contradicting information. We'll have to wait to see what's going on.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 15, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

Oh, nice. Ataturk's Turkey is alive. Let's hope it will go smoothly with no bloodshed
That doesn't like it'll be the case:https://twitter.com/WarfareWW. One of the few things that has been consistent is reports of gunfire.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2016, 03:48:00 pm »

I seem to remember an article saying the Turkish military is less unified ideologically then it was 10-20 years ago thanks to Erdogan that systematically promoted like minded officers, so i don't think it's going to run as smoothly as before.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 15, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »

I wonder what was the last straw for some Turkish general(s)? Maybe that pathetic apologizes for shooting down Russian children killer?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 15, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »

Game over, Erdo, game over man! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

edit: blood was shed already, and apparently the man has left the country.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 175