Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 261790 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #525 on: February 05, 2016, 04:53:42 am »

The problem I have with you is that while I agree with quite a lot of your general views, they've been used as ingredients in Loudwhispers Casserole-Based Post Substitute.

Ingredients:
 2 Geopolitical controversies
 1 Healthy Spoonful of nationalism
 A serving of political views
 Cherry-flavour statistics
 A shocking and terrible world news sTory

First, take your controversies and let them boil. A few months to a year should do it.
Add the nationalism and let simmer. Mix in the political views and statistics together, and turn up the heat. Leave no more than a day.
Next, transfer the mixture to a bag labelled "Internet humour", place on a hard surface and smash repeatedly with a cricket-bat of memes.
Remove dish from bag and place in casserole dish. Garnish with a shocking and terrible world news story, and serve immediately.

Serves the entire General subforum.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #526 on: February 05, 2016, 05:34:21 am »

I talk about issues of taxation, debt, fishing rights and surveillance but no one ever seems interested in those discussions because they are rightfully not as exciting as geopolitical controversies. I still never got to talk about the Swiss!

remove commie REMOVE COMMIE

Not sure if I should remove commie again

So ITT people were deliberately picking the statistics that only recorded formal asylum seekers in order to misrepresent the crisis as being smaller than it is (without even citing!) whilst I posted the most accurate and even posted the most up to date statistics available from BBC news, Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffpo, Economist, Merkel, Washpo, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Eurostat, UNHCR and even some bloody German economic minister and I am the one cherry picking? I have been selecting for the most conservative estimates every time m9, you're trying to jimmy my rustles here :D

I didn't make the world fucked up, it just do and I see it do like it does

First, take your controversies and let them boil. A few months to a year should do it.
Add the nationalism and let simmer. Mix in the political views and statistics together, and turn up the heat. Leave no more than a day.
Next, transfer the mixture to a bag labelled "Internet humour", place on a hard surface and smash repeatedly with a cricket-bat of memes.
Remove dish from bag and place in casserole dish. Garnish with a shocking and terrible world news story, and serve immediately.
The bag is labelled banter and it's your funeral if you like the spicy casserole more than a tax custard

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 05, 2016, 07:26:15 am »

I was not arguing about whether the Australian approach was effective, I was responding to your claim that the Australians were treating them kindly. Needless to say, they are not. In addition to this, the Australian government has tried to cover up health issues faced by asylum seekers.

EDIT: Sorry about the whole "holy sanctuary" thing. That was a rather poor choice of wording on my part.

EDIT2: Actually, since I'm here, I might as well apologize in general, given that I acted a lot more combative than I should have.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:32:46 am by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2016, 07:49:08 am »

I guess I should also apologise for my last post in this thread; after all, it mention EU europe countries, which is absolutely haram

in my defence, i have a headache
._.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:40 am »

The Australians are not showing any kindness. They are shoving them into what are basically modern-day concentration camps. Stop lying.

at least Australians are going to survive as a nation

unlike Germans and Swedes, who at this point at #1 candidates for getting quickly replaced with migrants, given that they're already in the majority compared with the natives in the youngest cohorts (i.e. the ones that matter), and the migration will only continue to rise in intensity because of the ghost of Hitler making people lose their minds and allow mass produced crimes (like illegal immigration, for example) to continue without any, even symbolic, repercussions, thus setting up a bomb under the whole "rule of law" structure that will inevitably blow up when the migrants will realise that they can do anything and no one will stop them because of "toleran progressiv".

Well I'm pretty sure we actually replaced the natives a bit over 200 years ago, though not really the pt. To be honest I don't have a problem with offshore processing. I have a problem with people acting as if putting an Australian detention center in the nearest poor country desperate for cash makes it no longer an Australian detention center.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #530 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:14 am »

I was not arguing about whether the Australian approach was effective, I was responding to your claim that the Australians were treating them kindly. Needless to say, they are not. In addition to this, the Australian government has tried to cover up health issues faced by asylum seekers.
EDIT: Sorry about the whole "holy sanctuary" thing. That was a rather poor choice of wording on my part.
EDIT2: Actually, since I'm here, I might as well apologize in general, given that I acted a lot more combative than I should have.
Fair enough, and really you don't need to apologize, it's all just shitposts at the end of the day

Reading what the human rights report says makes me agree with you, though I wonder what the best option in response would be

Well I'm pretty sure we actually replaced the natives a bit over 200 years ago, though not really the pt.
Exactly, look at China and how they've survived several wars and diseases and even Mongolians to produce death tolls in the hundreds of millions, yet they were always China because no foreign population in sufficient number ever moved in to replace them
Yet with Australia fewer death tolls and just a penal colony was all that was needed to replace them

To be honest I don't have a problem with offshore processing. I have a problem with people acting as if putting an Australian detention center in the nearest poor country desperate for cash makes it no longer an Australian detention center.
Should they put it in Singapore?

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2016, 10:44:20 am »

I doubt they'd take them. The opposition tried to strike a deal with Malaysia. Apparently the Liberals are terrible for sending them to Nauru or PNG & Labor is better for wanting to send them to Malaysia instead. I don't really care where they're sent or whether they're processed here or overseas, more sick of the pretense by the government that the conditions aren't horrible. 'Cause I don't know where we'd pull the money from to fix the problems either.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:46:09 am by wobbly »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:19 am »

Reading about how Malaysia put sedatives in the water of their illegal immigrants to make deporting them easier is checki, though I have not found any attempt at a deal with Aussie from Malaysia nor one from Singapore. Only deal I found was actually one from 5 years ago where the Aussies wanted to exchange their refugees for a net gain of Malaysian ones for some reason

Here's an obvious question I'm currently too tired to think about though, why aren't they just processed asap? Then they can be refuged or returned asap

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 05, 2016, 11:14:32 am »

Reading about how Malaysia put sedatives in the water of their illegal immigrants to make deporting them easier is checki, though I have not found any attempt at a deal with Aussie from Malaysia nor one from Singapore. Only deal I found was actually one from 5 years ago where the Aussies wanted to exchange their refugees for a net gain of Malaysian ones for some reason

The swap deal was the 1 I was refering to. Sorry wasn't exactly clear in my post. That was the last labor government.

Here's an obvious question I'm currently too tired to think about though, why aren't they just processed asap? Then they can be refuged or returned asap
The reason I've always been given is a lack of paperwork proving where they're from. People will spend years in detention centres just because you can't prove they're from anywhere. I guess you could add on top of that bureaucracy. Everything just takes longer when it's a government department.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 05, 2016, 12:31:47 pm »

I talk about issues of taxation, debt, fishing rights and surveillance but no one ever seems interested in those discussions because they are rightfully not as exciting as geopolitical controversies. I still never got to talk about the Swiss!
remove commie REMOVE COMMIE
No no you picked up the meme bat too early now the flavour is all ruined.
Not sure if I should remove commie again
[ARRANGES_BLOCKS:PERPETUAL]

So ITT people were deliberately picking the statistics that only recorded formal asylum seekers in order to misrepresent the crisis as being smaller than it is (without even citing!) whilst I posted the most accurate and even posted the most up to date statistics available from BBC news, Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffpo, Economist, Merkel, Washpo, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Eurostat, UNHCR and even some bloody German economic minister and I am the one cherry picking? I have been selecting for the most conservative estimates every time m9, you're trying to jimmy my rustles here :D

I meant what I said. Cherry-flavored. As in at first sight you go "oh look that's cherry-picked", but if you actually poke around enough you find the additivesfact that it isn't really at all.

I didn't make the world fucked up, it just do and I see it do like it does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMV_RoEMxE

The bag is labelled banter and it's your funeral if you like the spicy casserole more than a tax custard
The point at which I realised you missed the point of the post.

Apart from being a cheap dig at your expense.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #535 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:56 am »

No no you picked up the meme bat too early now the flavour is all ruined.
Nah this is pesto, not Heston

[ARRANGES_BLOCKS:PERPETUAL]
Sticklebrix my shit fam

I meant what I said. Cherry-flavored. As in at first sight you go "oh look that's cherry-picked", but if you actually poke around enough you find the additivesfact that it isn't really at all.
Yeah but you have to poke, I am insulted by the insinuation that I am not an evident shining beacon of truthtm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMV_RoEMxE
Chemical bomb

The point at which I realised you missed the point of the post.
Apart from being a cheap dig at your expense.
Bobbin and weavin
noscope

UAE says it's ready to send troops, Syria and Iran are warning Saudis not to try anything.

ONE STEP CLOSER TO VERY LARGE MODERN CONFLICT ONE

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 07, 2016, 11:58:01 am »

*groan*

Can it wait until they can't draft me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

UAE says it's ready to send troops, Syria and Iran are warning Saudis not to try anything.

ONE STEP CLOSER TO VERY LARGE MODERN CONFLICT ONE

Shouldn't that go into the MidEast thread? They're also warning Turkey and everybody else who isn't an ally of the Syrian government.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

It should, wrong thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 15, 2016, 11:52:29 pm »

Wow, I was just reading the explanation of why Dick Smith electronics stores (the equivalent of Radio Shack in Australia) actually went broke recently. It turns out they were very profitable until 2012 (they'd already diversified from just electronic parts and PCs to the whole range of notebooks, phones, entertainment systems and home appliances many years ago), then they got bought out by an equity firm.

This firm then proceeded to gut the company, through a wide range of financial trickery, including writedowns of the value all the existing stock by large margins, and did a series of liquidation sales without replacing stock. This all artificially inflated the on-paper profits and thus the share price. So the equity firm now suckers people into buying the shares, which of course suddenly plummet when the store's stocks run out. Total effect: 363 stores have to close and 2900 people lose their jobs in two countries. It's sad that this sort of thing isn't illegal somehow.

This really worked out for the equity firm: they invested $10 million and managed to sell it for $520 million. Nevermind that the company is not actually worth $520 million now, it's worth zero dollars after the bullshit went down. This is actually one of the biggest equity heists out there.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:15:26 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 175