Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 261967 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2016, 06:30:13 am »

I think the Western world is entering (or has already entered) another Red Scare - all these accusations of being a Putin agent towards inconvenient political movements look and sound very similar to accusations of being a secret communist fellow traveller/useful idiot/whatever from the 1950s. The Cold War is truly back, and so is paranoia.

In a way, I guess. But if Europe and NATO stick together I believe it wont take nearly as much time, Russia will once again fall to its own impossibility. This could be a good opportunity to build cooperation and trust within EU. Where Europe really needs to improve is information warfare.

Related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNybllbrrXY

edit: regarding the video, I bet many now wish we hadn't broken up the 200 T-72s in 1994.
That's the first time I hear Russia being called "impossible". Thanks for praising us, I guess? At least, being able to break up the laws of probability as a racial natonal skill certainly sounds like a buff compared to what we have in reality.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2016, 06:38:07 am »

Russia is actually composed of a circle of ten incredibility powerful psychics suspended in a hardened bunker buried a mile beneath Perm. There, they form the hypergeometric dream of Russians, who would evaporate in the currents of possibility were they ever disturbed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 30, 2016, 06:40:19 am »

Praising Russia? I haven't found a reason to yet. Russki Standard is pretty good though.  :)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #813 on: July 30, 2016, 07:05:39 am »

Get that disgusting malformed map out of my sight
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 30, 2016, 07:09:33 am »

OW only samples the dankest South-Up Butterfly Projection maps, certified imperialism free.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #815 on: July 30, 2016, 07:19:12 am »

I prefer pasteurised Robinson projection, actually
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 30, 2016, 07:20:02 am »

Get that disgusting malformed map out of my sight
But it has an elephant (look at lower left corner) and it has Greenland bigger than Africa! How can you not love this piece of modern art, you heartless STEM person!
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2016, 07:24:02 am »

What have you done. Now I'll never look at Antarctica and not see elephants again.
No Gods, No Masters.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:25 am »

I prefer pasteurised Robinson projection, actually
Kavrayskiy VII is superior to all Western imperialist map projections!
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:30 pm »

Gnomonic or death!

No... make that two gnomonics...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:48 pm »

Personally

I prefer  20 sided origami globes
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 01, 2016, 06:37:11 am »

Another russian chopper Mi-8  was downed in aleppo area. 5 crew, 4 man and one woman dead.

This region is under heavy fighting in late, government forces encircled one of the bigger part of rebel town/areas, and if it falls this will be a huge blow to rebels, and even maybe end the conflict in that part of region. Yesterday a huge rebel offensive leading by al nusra (they change the name recently to Jabhat Fatah al-Sham) and with coordination of ISIS has started to try and lift the siege. Heavy fighting is still ongoing.
Make love not war

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #822 on: August 02, 2016, 06:29:51 am »

I wonder if the US has the balls to 'violate' international free Chinese restricted airspace during the training.
This statement is very confus

China please stop

Another russian chopper Mi-8  was downed in aleppo area. 5 crew, 4 man and one woman dead.

This region is under heavy fighting in late, government forces encircled one of the bigger part of rebel town/areas, and if it falls this will be a huge blow to rebels, and even maybe end the conflict in that part of region. Yesterday a huge rebel offensive leading by al nusra (they change the name recently to Jabhat Fatah al-Sham) and with coordination of ISIS has started to try and lift the siege. Heavy fighting is still ongoing.
Russia is gonna flatten the area

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 07, 2016, 06:49:40 am »

So, remember that drone that flew over Golan Heights, ate two Patriot missiles and one air-to-air missile from a jet, and flew away unscathed? It was Russians.

EDIT: Apparently, out of these two fired Patriot missiles, one has suffered a critical technical malfunction and broke down in midair, and the second one couldn't lock on to the drone and self-destructed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:51:43 am by Sergarr »
._.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 07, 2016, 07:08:31 am »

Thanks Russia for providing Israel of the oppurtunity to research in peaceful times how it managed that.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 175