Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 175

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 265576 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1590 on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:34 am »

Been trying so hard not to say this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More seriously is that what the 'brilliant green' was?

I honestly don't believe that...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 13, 2017, 07:11:33 am »

Been trying so hard not to say this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More seriously is that what the 'brilliant green' was?

The green is some kind of soviet era brand of disinfectant which stains a lot. But the acid was added to the green last time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 13, 2017, 07:43:05 am »

If you want pure independent criticism of the government, go ask CrocAndBearLover, he's very proficient at that.

I don't care about my country anymore, to be perfectly honest. Russia will never return to the glory days of the USSR. Say whatever you want about USSR and "500 billions of the victims" it mercilessly killed, but it actually had stable economy, powerful industry, and most importantly, people feared USSR, and as we all know, fear equals respect in the international politics. I would rather live in a totalitarian country which those qualities above, rather than live in a totalitarian country shithole with mediocre education system, poor healthcare, no industry aside of selling some petrol and raw materials, and hypocritical (regularly talking about how they're ready to protect Russian people from evil NATO forces, but they actually have expensive apartments in EU/NATO country) and insanely rich (one of our deputies has a personal airplane with a pilot) GosDuma members. So yeah, Putin and Co. should just give up on trying to make Russia great again via re-conquering "rightful territories", and start working on fighting corruption in our country and then do something with our ecomonics. It'll never happen, though, not when we have oligarchs in our parliament. End of rant, there'll be no more replies to Sergarr or any other Putinists. They live in a white and black world, just like the majority of the people across our blue globe...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 13, 2017, 07:54:34 am »

it actually had stable economy

Wait? It did?

Not a "Deceptively weak economy" like say Argentina has had?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 13, 2017, 07:59:08 am »

it actually had stable economy

Wait? It did?

Not a "Deceptively weak economy" like say Argentina has had?

Maybe USSR didn't have stable economy, but it produced other stuff outside of petrol and raw resources. The only economy which is worse than Russian is Somalian economy...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:01:40 am by CrocAndBearLover »

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 13, 2017, 08:12:54 am »

There are stacks of countries with an objectively worse economy than Russia. Self-pity is all fine and good, but self-deception leads nowhere nice.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 13, 2017, 08:23:01 am »

Y'know, the only reason I posted in this thread because one idealistic Russian kid mentioned me here. Politics is one huge echo-chamber/circlejerk, and that's what keeps me out of those kind of threads. So how about it'll be my first and only post rant in any political thread on Bay12?

And no, I've nothing against either Sergarr or idealism, I actually think he's a quite good fella.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:25:28 am by CrocAndBearLover »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 13, 2017, 08:31:48 am »

Anyhow I think what you mean was that the USSR's economy was more diversified than Russia's

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: June 13, 2017, 08:35:51 am »

Anyhow I think what you mean was that the USSR's economy was more diversified than Russia's

You're correct, but I'm not interested in arguing anymore. Peace out!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 13, 2017, 11:06:42 am »

PTWatching
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 13, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »

Also, while this thread was inactive, Ukraine got visa-free travel with the EU. Which the absolute majority of Ukrainians can't do, because the abysmal economic situation means few people can afford to have the minimum sum of money required for entry.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 13, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »

Maybe USSR didn't have stable economy, but it produced other stuff outside of petrol and raw resources. The only economy which is worse than Russian is Somalian economy...
>_<

EDIT: Well, I would've clarified my displeasure further, but you've left the thread, so I can't do that.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 13, 2017, 04:05:48 pm »

By "abysmal economic situation" I do believe you mean the war.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 13, 2017, 04:29:11 pm »

Also, while this thread was inactive, Ukraine got visa-free travel with the EU. Which the absolute majority of Ukrainians can't do, because the abysmal economic situation means few people can afford to have the minimum sum of money required for entry.

Germany: 45 euros per day.
France: 35 euros if you have proof of housing, 120 otherwise.

And the rest is like this. Either google translate is shitting me, or it's frankly not too bad.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 13, 2017, 04:40:38 pm »

That's 1350 Euro/month, which equals almost 40,000 Hryvnia. The average monthly salary in Ukraine is ~4500 hryvnia, before taxes. So just the credit check takes a month's pay, let alone the expenses of staying somewhere and buying food.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:42:12 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 175