Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 19454 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2015, 05:33:21 am »

"Been having weird dreams, guys," Shep mumbles. "Maybe someone should crack open a window or something."

Do we live on the ground floor? If not, open up a window and get back into bed.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2015, 11:28:11 pm »

"Been having weird dreams, guys," Shep mumbles. "Maybe someone should crack open a window or something."

For the sake of convenience, this place has 2 floors, and you're on the top one.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2015, 12:53:35 pm »

Action: Think relaxing thoughts. Sleep will come...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »

sleep
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »

2 AM
highmax28:
Yell at Dustan
You yell out Dustan's name, but to no avail. If he did reply, it was muffled by the piles of beetles and surely covered by your screaming. Suddenly the mechanical insects give one more tug, and you feel yourself falling. You are asleep before you even think of the fate to which you are falling.
 Patience: [3,6,3] 1 Success
 Momentarily, you find respite from the madness. Momentarily, you slumber.

You have slept for 4 and a half hours.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
Remember that article on sleep paralysis. That has to be what was going on.
With that in mind, crawl back into bed and go back to sleep, aware that I might halucinate again.

Patience (-1, Insomnia): [5,6,1] 2 Successes
 Of course, that must be it. None of this is real. Simply, your hallucination has not yet ended. You lift yourself off of the ground - you find it remarkable easy, perhaps you had never fallen off your bed in the first place - and before you know it, you are laying underneath the covers, your eyes half closed. And without knowing it, you fall asleep.

You have slept for 4 and a half hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
It is cold. Has the heater turned off again? Unhappily, you open your eyes and get out of bed to turn it back on. You only get as far as opening your eyes. If you weren't stiff with cold, you still wouldn't be able to tear your eyes from the ceiling. Or rather, were the ceiling used to be. White snowflakes fall slowly all around you, and from above you radiates a white, alien light. Your roommates, the only things not covered in snow, are pale from the light reflected by the bright snow. You shiver. This is not a winter wonderland. Any snow that falls on you melts on your body, drenching you. This is a disturbing occurrence. Slowly and surely the snow begins to pile up higher, soon to cover your bed, and you as well. Will it stop?

You are hallucinating and have slept for 3 and a half hours.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Action: Think relaxing thoughts. Sleep will come...
Patience (+1, Mood): [5,6,3,5,2] 3 Successes
 You walk past Dustan and climb into your bed. You're too tired to even ask him as to why he's laying on the floor. Soon, the weariness fades from your face, and you settle into sleep once more.

You have slept for 3 hours.

----------------
Harry Baldman:

You get up and walk over to the window, as Dustan and Andrea return to their beds. Neither seems to take notice of you, so you decide to open the window yourself. The cool, night breeze washes over you, and for a moment you forget your nightmares. The room feels lighter now, as if some weight has been lifted. You return to bed slightly less troubled then when you left it.
 Patience (+1, Mood;+1, Current Atmosphere): [5,5,4,4,2] 2 Successes
 From outside, the familiar noises of the cars comfort you. They and you are the exceptions, the only ones to be awake in a slumbering city. Soon, you join it, and there is one less exception awake in the night.

You have slept for 4 hours.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:00:46 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2015, 09:51:52 pm »

((I thought I had insomnia, not amnesia. why is that in my roll?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2015, 10:01:20 pm »

((I thought I had insomnia, not amnesia. why is that in my roll?)
Oops. Meant to write "Insomnia." Corrected that.
Money!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2015, 04:10:33 pm »

focus on light, imagine sizzling bacon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »

Try to calm down. This has to be a dream
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2015, 12:57:08 am »

Try to calm down. This has to be a dream
You're asleep.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »

3 AM
highmax28:
 You wake up in darkness. Lying on the cold metal, everything around you is still. Then muffled, professional footsteps come to your attention: faint, but growing louder steadily. Suddenly, a nasal, high-pitched voice, muffled like the now-absent footsteps: "Can you show me the body, doc?" "Right here," comes the reply, and you feel the metal below you being tugged sharply. Light pierces in, and when you finally open your eyes, you see that above you are standing two skeletons. One has scraps of curly, orange hair still attached to his skull, and around his mouth are rotting pieces which smell of fish. The other is in a doctor's garb, and, and seems to be missing two of his incisors and a few of his molars. "What happened to him?" asks the orange-haired one. "I'm not a mortician," says "doc", "but I'd say it's the fall that killed him." A silence hangs in the air. "Well, I'm off to get my tools," says "doc", "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." "Sure thing, Morty," replies the other.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 5 hours.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
You sleep soundly in the cool, night air. The all-pervading breeze keeps your sleep calm. The ever-advancing dawn leaves no impression on your slumbering mind.

You have slept for 5 and a half hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
focus on light, imagine sizzling bacon.
Willpower: [5,5,3,2,6] 3 Successes
 You stare deeply into the alien glow, and wonder whether it might actually be something else. After some time, you finally convince yourself that it certainly isn't real. It can't be. Why would a light just appear in the ceiling?
 Intuition: [4,3,6,5,5] 3 Successes
 Now that's better. The smell of sizzling bacon fills the air, and the halogen-white light turns into a pleasant orange glow. You think you can hear faint light classical music playing, but it's probably just your imagination. But what isn't, you say to yourself as you lay back in your warm bed, breathing in the delicious aroma.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 4 hours.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Oblivious to the world, you slumber in your own corner of reality, free of worry and completely at peace.

You have slept for 4 hours.

----------------
Harry Baldman:
The window, the cars, and the cool night breeze are no longer on your mind. Nor are your friends, or their own experiences in the night. Nothing is bothering you. You are free of it all. You are asleep.

You have slept for 5 hours.
Money!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »

Struggle to punch the skeleton standing over me
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2015, 05:07:48 am »

lets see..... imagine being given next weeks lotto numbers.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2015, 01:23:51 pm »

Action: Zzzz
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »

4 AM
highmax28:
Struggle to punch the skeleton standing over me
Willpower (-1, Current Hallucination): [1,3,6,2] 1 Success
 You try to move your arm, but it seems to have gone limp. No amount of frustration moves it from where it lies motionless on the bottom of the drawer. Curley, meanwhile seems to be entertained by your efforts, and if his grotesque smile could get any bigger, you swear that just did. Suddenly, you hear heavy footsteps coming closer, and in moments Morty is looking down at you as well, storage case in hand. He sets it down on the floor, and you hear him unlatch it. When he straightens up again, he has a cruel-looking knife in one hand, and a pair of tongs in the other. "Now," he says, "the interrogation can begin. Tell me, what do you last remember?"

You are hallucinating and have slept for 5 and a half hours.

----------------
Dustan Hache:
You awake with a start. Something woke you, but you can't remember what. Was it your alarm? A car honking outside? You don't know, but you get up to go check. Your worry turns into panic as you realize that you have been chained to the bed. The metal links wrap around the bed, making it impossible to move. You try to struggle, but the chain is too strong. Suddenly, over the sound of the chain links clanking you hear a noise. You stop moving immediately. What was it? You wait, but the silence is once more unbroken.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 6 hours.

----------------
Gwolfski:
lets see..... imagine being given next weeks lotto numbers.
Intuition (-1, Repeated Altering): [2,5,6,5]
 "Psst..." You hear a voice over the lip-smacking sound of frying bacon. "Listen... the numbers are 10-14-20-28-29-31.... Remember that? 10-14-20-28-29-31..." The voice is gone, but you don't pay attention that. You're too busy remembering the numbers.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 4 and a half hours.

----------------
Dwarmin:
Slowly you begin to stir. The morning is coming... you relax again. Not yet, still a little bit longer. Just a few more hours to go.

You have slept for 5 hours.

----------------
Harry Baldman:
You open your eyes. Your room is just as before. Your roommates are sleeping in their beds, and nothing is out of place. Except that in the ceiling, a pair of eyes stare back at you. A popping sound. Another eye open up. Soon, the popping noises are heard every second, each one making feel nauseous with it's sick undertones of pus and disease. They cover the ceiling like parasites, like fungus, like tumors, and just when you think there isn't enough room for another, another popping noise and one more eye squeezes through, bulging like an overripe fruit. The process is mesmerizing, and you are only broken out of it when it finally stops. They have run out of room - on the ceiling.

You are hallucinating and have slept for 5 and a half hours.
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14