Poll

Time Period?

Industrial (1800-1950)
- 3 (23.1%)
Future (2030+)
- 2 (15.4%)
Mixed (Industrial to Future)
- 3 (23.1%)
Steampunk (Steampunk + Industrial added up, whichever is higher among the two)
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Politico [Taking Players]  (Read 4976 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Politico [Taking Players]
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 12:04:36 pm »

you could also have it mixed by allowing more archaic groups have access to Magic, which could be used the same way as more modern things such as guns.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:05 pm »

If a lot harder to replicate on a larger scale economically. So you can't say match an industrialised nation in goods output, or in raw military numbers.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

question. If you make a province, do you have to make a chracter?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 12:27:54 pm »

Assumably so, given that said character would likely be the nation's leader.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 12:36:51 pm »

question. If you make a province, do you have to make a chracter?

Yes.

Think of it this way: this is a character roleplay. However, players who choose to take on more of a "government" role will be more focused on roleplaying on a province-level than a character-level.

PS: feel free to make a province sheet (those who are making provinces), but keep in mind that I'll probably change many of the stats around.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 02:57:01 pm »

Hmm, is there any recommendation to the modifiers for the provinces, just as a general guideline, and will those be applicable regardless of the era chosen to play in?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 03:22:51 pm »

Hmm, is there any recommendation to the modifiers for the provinces, just as a general guideline, and will those be applicable regardless of the era chosen to play in?
Modifiers come more into play with map-specific stuff (Center of Trade, +economy), Empire-specific stuff (Draft, +Manpower), and stuff gotten through events (Industrial Boom: +economy, +production, -manpower). The province sheet is more to give you an example to help outline what everything does and allow you to choose what kind of province you prefer to start with, but is not a requirement and may hold little impact on your starting province. If, for example, you have a trait you want the province to have for roleplay reasons, such as a large criminal underbelly, feel free to jot it down.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »

I mean the economy/manpower/industry modifiers, sorry.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 04:25:45 pm »

I mean the economy/manpower/industry modifiers, sorry.

A better economy allows you more flexibility regarding your realm, as well as an easy way to pay off mercenaries and other nations.
Industry allows you more production; if you plan on producing a bunch of well-armed units or setting massive work projects (think New Deal) in motion, you'll need it.
Manpower is almost only used for units, and is only necessary if you plan on fielding a large army.

All will be used no matter the era; different Province Stats may come into play, but these three will probably stay consistent.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 04:42:48 pm »

Alright, and for starting, what numbers for those modifiers would be appropriate?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 04:46:01 pm »

Alright, and for starting, what numbers for those modifiers would be appropriate?

Most provinces will be around 1.00, to a soft cap of 2.00 (like, 90% will be 0.75 to 1.25. Manpower is always 1.00 without special modifiers).

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 04:47:46 pm »

Character Name: James Godwin (Publicly known as Lord Draconian)
Martial - Ex-Karate expert and owner of a black belt. Howevers he's been very absent from that part of his life due to his love of computers.
Administrator - Uses a custom built data management program that can send, recieve, and organize information for the Society.
Polotics - Extremely talented debator. He's always had a career open to him as a public relations expert in many companies due to his local persona of a socrates. During a big election between two very well known canidates he single-handedly destroyed both their arguments and forced them both to leave the race in shame, which caused that specific local election to be turned on its head.

Traits: Insomniac, workaholic, un-healthy eating life, OCD, and talented programmer/hacker.

Organization: Drifters of the Celestial Sea
Hacker/Terroist group: Known for defacing websites of anyone it believes harms society from police sites, Un-liked corporations, elected leadership, and sometimes even other hackers. Known to be very un-lead and anomynous except for the legendary hacker known as Lord Draconian. Whenver he has an order hundreds of hackers around the country and sometimes the world answer.

Martial : Average nerd
Administration: Above average. Acting in a loose assoicaiton where talented and known hackers call for action against websites and others usually answer. There is no rank, recognition, or power struggle within the group.
Politically: All statements to the public is reserved for Lord Draconian who is sometimes called the "Alpha" or "God father" of their group. He is the only person no will ever refuse a call for..unless real life is getting in the way. Draconian is known to "Roast" argument online by taking apart his opponents statement completely.

Associate: (TBD)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 05:11:37 pm »

Alright, thanks for the heads up on that DBTM, I'll get to editing my province now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »

I'd be up for running a business of some kind, I'll post a sheet in the morning.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 09:45:08 pm »

I have a question.

What level of realism are we using?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7