Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Where is everyone? (ISG)  (Read 9310 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where is everyone? (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 03:05:42 am »

Adopt an exaggerated smile and, in an extremely friendly fashion, attempt to purchase exactly three fried eggs and a single strip of bacon.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 05:01:29 am »

Where is everyone?
You decide to take a seat at the bar.

On the counter, there is a tablet with containers of sugar, salt and pepper on it. There is also a wet towel, but aside from that it's pretty bare.
There are no cupboards, everything's probably stored beneath the counter.

At first you get a weirded out look as you order your fried eggs and coffee in an extremely friendly and exaggerated fashion.
After you assure her that you are indeed quite normal, you begin a little small talk.
You find out that the waitress' name is Minka, Al is the cook and your coffee will be ready in five minutes.

Before you can ask anything else, Al shouts that some meal is ready, and Minka hurries to bring it to one of the other guests.
You can catch a short glimpse on Al through the (I have no idea what that hole in the wall is called^^).
He looks friendly but a bit stressed, probably due to his job combined with his age.

Al

Your coffe is brewing as you can hear Minka talking to the guest as she bring him his meal.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:26:54 am by Asgarus »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 03:27:16 pm »

Check our wallet or wherever our money usually is to see if we can pay for the meal.
Max avatar size is 80x80

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 12:40:47 am »

I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 01:45:21 am »

Where is everyone?
Spoiler: Character info (click to show/hide)

After checking your wallet and realizing that you can easily afford the coffee and eggs (and many more of them should you need to),
you decide to do some push-ups to bridge the remaining minutes until your coffee arrives.

About 3 minutes and 35 push-ups later, you feel refreshed and more fit and ready for whatever life might throw against you - or simply your meal. Just in time, Minka hurries behind the counter and, with a wide smile, brings you your coffee and the eggs Al had just reached through the kitchen-hole-thingy. What perfect timing!

You take the first sip of your coffee - it's quite good, and as you look up again, Minka is gone.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:57:54 am by Asgarus »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 01:50:22 am »

Glance around for where they went, and double check that we are not seeing halucinations by checking the viscosity of our drink with a spoon.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 02:33:57 am »

Oooh, that "being gone" thing looks like fun, try it for yourself!
Read the First Post!

Nunzillor

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 03:07:10 am »

Oooh, that "being gone" thing looks like fun, try it for yourself!
+1.  Practice getting people's attention, then quickly hide behind something when they look away before they look back.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:12:20 am by Nunzillor »

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »

Where is everyone?

You check your coffee and come to the conclusion that it is, indeed, nothing but normal, tasty, coffee.

You try to "be gone", too, but somehow you have no clue how to do that without, you know, going away.
You also get the silly idea to trick people by quickly hiding behind stuff, but discard it just as quickly.
At that though, though, you take a look behind the counter to see if Minka is hiding there, but nope, she is nowhere to be seen.

And something else is strange... the sounds coming from Al fiddling around in the kitchen stopped, just as his talking to Minka did.
You don't give it another thought for now and take another sip from your coffee.

What do you do?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »

Go behind the counter and look for Al
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 03:19:43 pm »

Sit down, relax, and enjoy the last meal that anyone will ever make for you.
Read the First Post!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »

Sit down, relax, and enjoy the last meal that anyone will ever make for you.
+
Max avatar size is 80x80

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 01:07:03 am »

Where is everyone?

You think about looking for Al, but decide that he is free to go wherever they want, this is his roadhouse after all.
Maybe this thing has a cellar or something.

You relax and take a bite of your meal, a sip of your coffee, and look back over your shoulder to give the other two guests a reassuring smile.

You are not even surprised anymore to see that they are gone, too. Even though their meals and drinks are still there and obviously barely touched!
You have a plain view on the toilet door and you are pretty sure that it wasn't used by anyone.
You are also sure that no one left the building, because it would ring a loud bell.

As you think about this, you notice something else. The jukebox stopped playing, and as you turn around to check it, you realize that it's gone, too. Is someone playing a trick on you? Some hidden camera show maybe?

You take another sip of your coffe.

What do you do?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

Roll your eyes, and go check your ca-oh wait, it's probably gone too, isn't it?  This is why we should of kept going!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 02:14:10 am »

Hrmm, probably hidden camera, very serious, best act normal...

Tabletop Cossack dancing!
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9