Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2015  (Read 14052 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2015
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2015, 12:55:31 am »

I finally did 2000 words today bringing me up to ~9600 total. It feels really good, especially since I had a very unproductive Thursday this week. I have a midterm monday which I haven't really started studying for, so I'm not sure if I can make 2k tomorrow or Monday, but I've wrote at least some every day this week.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2015, 03:27:12 am »

I finally did 2000 words today bringing me up to ~9600 total. It feels really good, especially since I had a very unproductive Thursday this week. I have a midterm monday which I haven't really started studying for, so I'm not sure if I can make 2k tomorrow or Monday, but I've wrote at least some every day this week.

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!

I've started using my old laptop for writing instead of my nice desktop. Sometimes I take it to my local tea room, but even if I stay home, just using a different machine for writing is really helpful (and eliminates some of the distractions of my gaming computer, of course). Yesterday I managed to make up for not writing Friday, and I even found a friend at the tea room who shared some of his experience being homeless for a time years ago, who is willing to help me make my novel less horrible. Hooray!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2015, 01:49:46 pm »

Midterms are done, so I can actually do this now. Ended up writing about 1800 words yesterday, bringing me up to a grand total of 4763. Not nearly enough to finish on time, but at least I'm making progress again. Hopefully I can put out at least that much tonight.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2015, 02:34:30 pm »

Well, my current scheme is to drop 25000 words over the course of next week, so you're beating me!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2015, 04:25:14 pm »

No words today. :( Been having awful headaches for weeks, saw a doctor, she couldn't find anything wrong with me, but last night I didn't sleep almost at all, the pain was so bad, and I woke up with my jaw aching more than my head. It finally occurred to me that the problem is probably my teeth. I still have both wisdom teeth on the top (they've both come almost all the way in already) and I think there just isn't room for all of them there. Need to call the dentist tomorrow and try to get an emergency appointment... This on top of all my other busyness and I have to start considering the possibility that I might not finish this year. I'm still going to try, but I don't want to be devastated if I don't manage. :/

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2015, 06:59:10 pm »

Sometimes life has to come first. Don't agonize over it, just get to feeling better.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2015, 02:02:17 am »

Blasted up from 8951 to 12160 today, ~3000 more and I'll be caught up tomorrow. I have no idea how to write for one of the characters, though - might have to cut her out and pad out the scenery, instead.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2015, 06:21:29 pm »

Missed the whole of the last week due to life stuff. Not that far behind though 'cause I got a real headstart during the first couple of days. Time to get back on the horse.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2015, 12:56:40 am »

Did another 2k today. Unfortunately this doesn't quite make up for only doing 1k yesterday, but I'm still basically on track. My novel has been sidetracked into a subplot because I'm kinda stuck with the main plot. I've also started to think the sideplot is much more interesting than the main plot.  :-\
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2015, 04:23:59 am »

Well. Earlier my keyboard broke and I spent a day without it. Had to panic and order super-fast shipping or I would have missed at least 4 days, so that sucked. But I just hit 24,947 words, which I'm rounding up to 25,000 and saying I'm halfway done today.

I'm currently on pace to repeat last year's victory on the 22nd. I bet I can finish faster this year, though. We'll see how it goes.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2015, 08:10:05 pm »

haha ive just decided to start today this is gonna be fun, im at 2072 words, but i have a bunch of notes since id been planning to write something for a while. this is just to give me more motivation to actually do it :P it's basically cataclysm fanfic lol, but writing is writing and progress is progress. there's no way in hell im gonna finish this but hopefully i'll at least break maybe 15 or 20,000 words if im lucky. this is also my first time doing this so weeee such fun

also, you all sound like you're doing great so keep up the good work ! im sure you all can do it :D

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2015, 10:54:12 pm »

8157. I'll do some serious catching up at some point in the reasonably near future. Hopefully.

Or ridiculous catching up at some point in the slightly further future.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:21 pm »

Wow you people are productive. I'm regularly making under a 1000 each day.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2015, 03:29:36 am »

I think I'm officially quitting for this year. I just don't have the time, and there's too much else going on in my life right now. Thinking about NaNo and trying to force myself to write when I'm finally home at 9 pm or so is only making me more stressed, and I don't need more of that right now. I'm sad to fail after succeeding the last two years, but... maybe next year will be easier.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2015, 09:09:14 am »

... 9pm or so? I'm starting to regularly do some writing at that time.

But it's your choice. Good luck with your life.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12