Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Warlock tutorial fort chosen. Follow the link.  (Read 3817 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Interest Gauge for a masterwork story/tutorial fort (34.11, not Reborn)
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 03:08:40 am »

I'm a little sad the turn out wasn't a tad better. Oh well. Guess I'll do a coin flip, since I don't wanna act on so little input otherwise.
It's because I havent done any updates in a long time, so people dont check this subforum that often. You might as well ask in the community fort section for more people atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 03:24:43 am »

I'm a little sad the turn out wasn't a tad better. Oh well. Guess I'll do a coin flip, since I don't wanna act on so little input otherwise.
It's because I haven't done any updates in a long time, so people don't check this subforum that often. You might as well ask in the community fort section for more people atm.

Well, I just thought this would be more appropriate; plenty of folks seem to still play 34.11 for one reason or another, and regardless of race, it'd end up a tutorial on some level.

Besides, didn't wanna clutter up that section again until I have everything ready to roll. :P

EDIT: Suppose I'll just roll with warlocks. They won my coin toss.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 08:14:24 am »

Forum activity overall has dropped quite a bit as well, so don't take it personally.  Dorfs are either waiting on the next update or busy learning the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:16 am »

Forum activity overall has dropped quite a bit as well, so don't take it personally.  Dorfs are either waiting on the next update or busy learning the game.
Forum activity in this board, or overall?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 07:43:54 pm »

Well, I just thought this would be more appropriate; plenty of folks seem to still play 34.11 for one reason or another, and regardless of race, it'd end up a tutorial on some level.

Besides, didn't wanna clutter up that section again until I have everything ready to roll. :P

EDIT: Suppose I'll just roll with warlocks. They won my coin toss.

Well I'm fairly new to DF and only recently learnt how to play 34.11 because of the invasion problem.  But I think there might be something different to how I expect invasions work in 34.11.  I had a gnome fort on a major river - multiple rows of water wheels powered everything - had 5k+ metal and a very nice looking fort as a whole.  Other than occasional snatchers and thieves I seen nothing, other than forgotten beasts and the like.  I turned on a few defense races with a new fort and they invaded inside the first year, which was fun, but felt very artificial.  I dunno the early 40.xx version invasions just felt so much more fun and engaging.

I look forward to seeing your playthrough with warlocks though.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 08:33:25 am »

Forum activity in this board, or overall?
Overall, at least on the boards I visit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »

Hey guys! Guess what! it begins!

Just follow the the link. Past a certain point I'll be figuring out stuff as I go with you.
Pages: 1 [2]