Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Corruption  (Read 5706 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Corruption
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

Eat tree and evolve aural faculties, if possible.

I would prefer sensory system to detect all kinds of vibrations in all physical mediums. So not only vibration in air, but also in water and ground. Maybe even in space?

space being empty .........well space, cannot vibrate
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 12:31:14 pm »

I would prefer sensory system to detect all kinds of vibrations in all physical mediums. So not only vibration in air, but also in water and ground. Maybe even in space?

Yeah, the vibrations have to reach you somehow if you're going sense them. Corruption is very complex, as an organism, but it's not downright magical.

Water and ground are feasible, though. You might even improve your distance/depth perception as part of the bargain.

Now, am I correct in thinking the consensus is that we eat the tree, then use the resulting energy to augment our vibration sense? Seems so, but in the absence of explicit +1/-1s, I'd rather ask.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »

Yeah, the vibrations have to reach you somehow if you're going sense them. Corruption is very complex, as an organism, but it's not downright magical.

Water and ground are feasible, though. You might even improve your distance/depth perception as part of the bargain.

Now, am I correct in thinking the consensus is that we eat the tree, then use the resulting energy to augment our vibration sense? Seems so, but in the absence of explicit +1/-1s, I'd rather ask.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »

Spacetime can vibrate, or so is the theory I heard about. Gravitational waves, they are called. Should be detectable with proper equipment and knowledge, no magic involved here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »

Spacetime can vibrate, or so is the theory I heard about. Gravitational waves, they are called. Should be detectable with proper equipment and knowledge, no magic involved here.

spacetime not space

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

Spoiler: Suggestions (click to show/hide)

You give in to hunger, and begin digesting the base of the tree. Unfortunately, once you've eaten about half of the trunk, it becomes apparent that you forgot about something. Specifically, gravity.

The sound of the tree's collapse sounds enormous, even with your poorly-crafted sense. While there's no way to tell for sure, you would swear up and down that the trunk lies only a few inches away.

On the bright side, the fiasco does make dinner easier to reach. You find that crawling sideways, uncomfortable as it is, is a lot easier than working against gravity to climb a tree.

It takes you a long while to finish you meal, but even so, you wish it lasted longer. You have a feeling that you will become used to hunger.

When you do stop eating long enough to take inventory, you notice that you have roughly tripled in size. It appears the energy contained in something ten times your size has to go somewhere. Even so, you've retained a large store of energy- enough, you figure, to give yourself a little treat.

You expand your vibration-sense, both fine-tuning it and enabling it to pick up vibrations in liquids or the ground. You've never been near a large body of water, so you figure the liquid bit will need some tweaking, but overall, you are quite pleased with your work. Your improved perception not only allows you to observe your surroundings in greater detail, but also gives you a better idea of where objects are relative to your body.

You still have a moderate amount of energy within your body. Perhaps now is the time to grow, or to make changes better suited to improving your immediate situation.

Spoiler: The Corruption (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:33 pm »

Time to develop proper parasitism?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 07:12:06 pm »

Attack another tree, Stabbing in, just not so deep
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »

Time to develop proper parasitism?
Ye. +1
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »

"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:48 am »

Parasite another tree.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6