Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Corruption  (Read 5695 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »

Absorb all the stuff nearby.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »

Attempt to discern where the nearest vegetation is, then expend energy to move our mass onto the object and begin absorbing it.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

Attempt to discern where the nearest vegetation is, then expend energy to move our mass onto the object and begin absorbing it.
If it's massive like a tree, perhaps be somewhat parasitic (temper hunger slightly and eat at a somewhat slower pace) in order to get just a bit more vitality out of it than otherwise.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 08:26:56 pm »

If it's massive like a tree, perhaps be somewhat parasitic (temper hunger slightly and eat at a somewhat slower pace) in order to get just a bit more vitality out of it than otherwise.
+1
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 08:34:59 pm »

ptw
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 08:54:23 pm »

+1
+1
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 09:05:46 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 09:07:04 pm »

+1
+1
+1

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 09:46:12 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
thincake

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 09:59:16 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
1+

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 10:50:51 pm »

Spoiler: Suggestions (click to show/hide)

You collect your body into a kind of condensed ball, and scoot your way over to the nearest tree. You wouldn't say the maneuver is comfortable, per se, but it's definitely a better plan than waiting in a corner to starve.

Now that you've gone to all the trouble of getting yourself here, you figure you may as well spend some time thinking of a way to increase the size of your meal. You can't pull food out of thin air, but it's possible that keeping the tree alive longer than is strictly necessary might give it a chance to produce more sap.

So, instead of devouring the tree right where it stands, you crystalize a portion of your mass, drive it through the tree's bark, and leave it there, sucking up whatever comes its way.

After about an hour of sitting there, you determine that this method is, in fact, more sustainable. While the net gain doesn't even come close to sating your hunger, you are receiving a steady trickle of energy at what appears to be only moderate damage to the tree.

Unfortunately, the energy will not come indefinitely. The tree is already dying- when it goes, there will be nothing to eat but its dead husk. The process has, however, given you a useful insight. Perhaps, once you have the time energy and mass to experiment, parasitism will become a viable option.

For now, you consider your options. You have a small reserve of energy, enough to speed growth or make minor changes to your structure, if you so choose. By the same token, the tree you feed from is probably about to die- it may be a good idea to devour it now and capitalize on nutrients while they are still present.

((EDIT: Added the status spoiler. I probably shouldn't be doing this at midnight.))

Spoiler: The Corruption (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:08:36 pm by Whisperling »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 02:47:14 am »

Eat tree. Evolve photosynthesis capability.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:12 am »

Eat tree and evolve aural faculties, if possible.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 07:16:27 am »

Eat tree and evolve aural faculties, if possible.

I would prefer sensory system to detect all kinds of vibrations in all physical mediums. So not only vibration in air, but also in water and ground. Maybe even in space?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6