Poll

Enter Hibernation? (See 3rd page)

Yes
- 4 (44.4%)
No
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Overseer AI [SG] - Processing Cycle 18  (Read 11573 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overseer AI [SG]
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:54 am »

> Attempt to prevent the salvage of items with a proportionally high market value when there are alternatives. The cryochamber repairs are urgent, so haste is a greater priority in that instance.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 12:40:46 pm »

> Attempt to prevent the salvage of items with a proportionally high market value when there are alternatives. The cryochamber repairs are urgent, so haste is a greater priority in that instance.
man, our spaceship is falling apart and your thinking about MONEY!?!?!?!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02:07 pm »

man, our spaceship is falling apart and your thinking about MONEY!?!?!?!
Yes.
More money means we can get a better spaceship.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2015, 02:03:30 pm »

lets hope we can get our current one to survive until we get that shiny new replacement parts. i don't think the AI is transferable.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2015, 02:04:28 pm »

lets hope we can get our current one to survive until we get that shiny new replacement parts. i don't think the AI is transferable.
Are you READING the posts?  It is, it just needs time to do so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »

sorry, but you do have to find a ship with the correct 'hardware'

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:19 pm »

sorry, but you do have to find a ship with the correct 'hardware'
Which would be any ship with enough RAM and a way to get data on.
Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:42 pm »

There is a hull breach right next to the A.I. chamber. It should be possible to cut a hole in a ship large enough to rip out its old systems and install the new ones, assuming that the A.I. system is taking the place of an existing system, it could be that the A.I. is an additional module and the ship's autonomic systems are separate. It might be as simple as sticking the A.I. chamber into a cargo bay and running a cable into a terminal...

But getting all our attachments in order is something that can be researched, we could be installed into pretty much anything with enough renovations...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2015, 02:09:33 am »

Alright. Should be posting the next update soon. Hopefully within 24 hours. (Lots of schoolwork lately)
In the meantime, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could at least come to a kind-of consensus on a name and maybe update your suggestions if the discussion has changed any of your minds.

Also...

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 11.1. -->

AI Transfer/Initialization Requirements:
Independent, free-willed, and human-like AIs (Overseer AIs) such as this unit must be first initialized in a dedicated Neural Matrix configured precisely to that AI. Neural Matrixes provide a bonus to processing power as long as the main AI software resides in the Neural Matrix, but the AI can transfer to any ship/station/ground-base mainframe given the means and enough time. Neural Matrixes are simply a means to create that self-aware and human-like Overseer AI. (Though they "burn out" and must be essentially rebuilt to initialize a new AI)

Other AIs, such as the currently-being-research Sub units, simply require a relatively minor amount of processing power to reside in, and to be initialized in. They do not require Neural Matrixes, but they aren't nearly as human-like as an Overseer AI unit. As long as they have some processing power and are slaved to an Overseer, they'll be able to operate at full capacity.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:53:50 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2015, 04:48:56 am »

Lower value=higher preference
*=own suggestion.
3Watson
4Rumrach
5Hunter
1*Little Owl
2*Olive Tree
Read the First Post!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

Have we considered just ejecting the guy from the cryocell loseing power and putting him in the one that's fully functional?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »

Have we considered just ejecting the guy from the cryocell loseing power and putting him in the one that's fully functional?
This seems quite reasonable.
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »

heavy wounds might be a problem

>teach captain medicine for help with wounded

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2015, 03:34:21 am »

Alright. This was a pretty big update for me, so there may be errors. I also made a mistake in the AI Transfer/Initialization requirements. Overseer AIs (you) need a Neural Matrix/Advanced Mainframe in order to completely transfer themselves somewhere else.
But do please correct any mistakes you see. Especially with drones. I’m sure somewhere I accidently left some conflicting information regarding drones.

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 12. -->

>"Confirmed. Commencing harvest of Organics."
>"..."

>>access System.AI_Monitor
>"That was a joke."

>>abort access
Access of System.AI_Monitor aborted.
Audio detected in Cryochamber:
"Goddamnit, AI. I could have sworn Cole promised to not give you a sense of humor.”

>"Watson”
"That works. Alright then, Watson."

>Set Repair Drones 1, 3 To "Unrepair" all unnecessary systems
+> Drone 2 is needed to repair the cryochamber.
+>"Unnecessary systems" defined as anything not compromising current primary functionality (sensors, mobility, cognition, functional weapons, AI chamber lifesupport, cryocells)
+> Attempt to prevent the salvage of items with a proportionally high market value when there are alternatives. The cryochamber repairs are urgent, so haste is a greater priority in that instance

Analyzing possibility of “Unrepair” protocols…
Using spare Processing Unit to reverse Repair procedures…
Robotics: New Drone Program discovered: Complete Salvage.
Complete Salvage orders the complete dismantling of everything in a given area that can be used as a resource. A list of exceptions (objects to not salvage) can also be given. Unlike any other Salvage classed program, Complete Salvage can be performed by any construction-classed drone, such as a repair drone. However, yields are not as high as other salvage programs.
Parameters: Area, Exceptions.
Required Drone Type: Construction OR Fabrication.

Status Information Gatherer has discovered a new item:
“Required Drone Type” sub-info for Drone Programs.

Repair Drones 1 and 3 given “Complete Salvage” order with Parameters: Area = Engineering Passage, Exceptions = Sensors, Mobility, Cognition, Functional Weapons, AI Chamber, Life Support, Cryocells, High-value items.

>move one processing unit to: Ship refitting drone
1 Processing Unit allocated to project: Ship Refitting Drone.
Ship Refitting Drone ETC reduced to 15 cycles.

> Fabrication Drone 1: Scavenge electronic parts from engineering passage lighting systems.
Fabrication Drone 1 given “Basic Salvage” order with Parameters: Area = Engineering Passage, Material Type = Electronic Parts.
Estimated Material Output: 5 Basic Electronics/Cycle.

> Combat drone 1: Inspect bridge.
Combat Drone 1 given “Patrol” order with Parameters: Area = Bridge.

Combat Drone 1 entering bridge…
Hull breach confirmed visually. 2 deceased hostiles sighted visually.

> Review ship schematics to determine which systems are physically linked to one another.
Referencing Local Archive: Schematics/Layout…
Retrieved layout of The Bastion:
Bridge is connected to Corridor – Bridge. Corridor – Bridge is connected to: Medbay, Life Support, Engineering, Cryochamber.
Cryochamber is connected to Medbay.
Life Support is connected to Engineering.
Corridor – Bridge is connected to Corridor – AI Chamber.

Corridor – AI Chamber is connected to AI Observation, Barracks 1, Barracks 2, Corridor – Weaponry.
Corridor – AI Chamber is connected (without entry) to top and bottom Heavy Pulse Turrets.
AI Observation is connected to AI Chamber.
Barracks 1 is connected to Captain’s Quarters, Pulse Cannon 1.
Barracks 2 is connected to Captain’s Quarters, Pulse Cannon 2.

Corridor – Weaponry is connected (without entry) to Secondary Thruster 1, Secondary Thruster 2, Primary Thruster 1, Primary Thruster 2, General Weaponry, Electronic Warfare.
Electronic Warfare is connected to General Weaponry.

> Attempt to access monitoring station logs and acquire a listing of interstellar-capable vessels that arrived and did not leave.
Accessing Comms Uplink to Monitoring Station…
Requesting Ship Registration Logs from Monitoring Station…
Received Ship Registration Logs from Monitoring Station.
Searching Ship Registration Logs with given search queries…
Results:
3 ships – F.G.S. Pathfinder, F.M.S. Bastion, F.C.S. New Arrivals, have not left the system.

>Seek data on the current status and functions of the Planetside Forward Operating Base.
Retrieving all relevant data for Planetside Forward Operating Base from Monitoring Station…
Data retrieved from Monitoring Station.
Compiling and analyzing data…
Analyzed. Results:
The P.F.O.B. was established approximately 4 years ago with the discovery of the planet, with the purpose of monitoring various aspects of the planet in preparation for colonization of the planet.
Last transfer shuttle sent to P.F.O.B. departed 1 year ago.
Official records indicate unplanned arrival of a small colony ship, F.C.S. New Arrivals, 1 month ago. Roster of colony ship indicates 1,229 total aboard.

>IF cryocell count is greater than 2 …
Skipping command due to estimated sufficient material supplies for repairs. Please re-submit command if overriding is wished.

>teach captain medicine for help with wounded
Outputting comprehensive guide on Medbay operation to Cryochamber console...
"Wait, why would you-”

"Ooh. That’s a person in there. I’ll just go ahead and assume heavy wounds. I’m already trained with basic first aid, but I’ll try reading up on this. Absolutely no guarantees, though.”

> eject the guy from the cryocell losing power and putting him in the one that's fully functional.
Consideration noted. Registered as possibly controversial. Further subroutine consensus required before ejection.

Status Information Gatherer passive data mining has finished compiling 2 sets of data:
Analysis of usage of Processing Units indicate that exerting complete and permanent control (i.e. “capturing”) Mainframes will result in an increased amount of available Processing Units.

Additional research into existing schematics and concepts will likely yield improvements in the researched topic. Example: Researching a schematic could likely result in increased efficiency or similar bonuses in manufacturing that schematic.

Cycle Report:
Research: 1 Processing Unit allocated to Ship Refitting Drone. ETC reduced to 15 Processing Cycles.
Research/Robotics:  Drone Program “Complete Salvage” discovered.
Robotics: Combat Drone 1 beginning Patrol at Bridge.
Robotics: Fabrication Drone 1 beginning Basic Salvage at Engineering Passage. ETC: 2 Cycles. Estimated Material Output: 5 Basic Electronics/Cycle.
Robotics: Repair Drone 1 beginning Complete Salvage at Corridor – AI Chamber. ETC: 3 cycles. Estimed Material Output: 10 Basic Metals+5 Basic Parts+1 Basic Electronics/Cycle.
Robotics: Repair Drone 2 beginning Cryochamber repairs. ETC: 2 Cycles. Estimated Material Cost: 1 Basic Metal+5 Basic Electronics at Cycle 1. 2 Basic Metals+5 Basic Electronics at Cycle 2.
Robotics: Repair Drone 3 beginning Complete Salvage at Corridor – Bridge. ETC: 5 cycles. Estimed Material Output: 10 Basic Metals+5 Basic Parts+1 Basic Electronics/Cycle.

Status
Objective: "Find and transfer yourself as well as the crew to a ship in a better condition."

AI block in: Weapons systems.
Electronics Warfare Suite malfunctioning(?)

Available Processing Units: 0/10
Research:
[8] Lesser AIs - 2 cycles.
[2] Ship Refitting Drone – 15 cycles.

Supplies
-0 Basic Metals
-0 Basic Electronics
-30 Basic Parts
Fabrication
Current Fabrication Facility: Fabrication Drone.
Spoiler: Schematics (click to show/hide)
Robotics
Spoiler: Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Drone Programs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

Alarms
Cryochamber:
Cryocell 7 is receiving low power. Unknown cause.

Bridge:
Hull breach in Bridge
Door malfunction in Bridge

Corridor - AI Chamber:
Hull breach in Corridor - AI Chamber

Background processes:
-Status Information Gatherer

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:55:20 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2015, 03:52:15 am »

We could salvage entire ship to point where it is just a skeleton, engines, reactor and AI Core. Then move AI Core near target ship and physically connect into its system and using salvaged parts to rebuild/retrofit it with new systems.

Although their threat of violence is a problem. To combat that problem I think we should research a virus that can move complete control over their systems to us. And in case their weapons are separated from main system, some stealthy droids could be used to tap those.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10