Poll

Enter Hibernation? (See 3rd page)

Yes
- 4 (44.4%)
No
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Overseer AI [SG] - Processing Cycle 18  (Read 11586 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Overseer AI [SG]
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2015, 09:47:57 pm »

use Drone 1 to examine: cryocell 7
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:51:55 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »

PTW

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2015, 11:30:27 pm »

>Broadcast to Cryochamber: "Change in directive noted. Arrival to system imminent. Please brace for re-entry into realspace. We know you have a choice when choosing a spaceliner. This unit regretfully informers you that your decision was a poor one."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 12:23:24 am »

>Broadcast to Cryochamber: "Change in directive noted. Arrival to system imminent. Please brace for re-entry into realspace. We know you have a choice when choosing a spaceliner. This unit regretfully informers you that your decision was a poor one."
+1

> Repair Drone 1: repair hull breach in passage to A.I. chamber.
> Repair Drone 2: repair cryochamber power.
> Repair Drone 3: repair cryochamber power.
> Revise repair reference-schematics to version immediately predating the A.I. modifications to the schematics.
> Combat Drone 1: Guard Bridge-access.
> Review state of medical facilities.
> Research universal linkages to allow an A.I.-to-ship interface to be established with any conventional space vessel.(low priority)
> "Satisfactory scenario observed: Captain did not exit via hull breach in passage to A.I. chamber."
> Research ship construction drone capable of accepting a schematic and reconfiguring an unrelated vessel to match that schematic. Will likely require localised atmosphere control, component fabrication, heavy-duty hull anchoring over areas that are very large compared to its own dimensions to secure its own position and that of the components that it is reconfiguring so as to mostly replicate the effect of a docking facility with external anchoring and fabrication facilities.(low priority)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:29 am »

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 10. -->

>use Drone 1 to examine: cryocell 7
Repair Drone 1 reports an operational Cryocell.

"Roger the hyperspace exit part, but I'm not quite getting the second part. Please don't tell me that was a threat or menacing in tone. It's hard to tell with your synthesized voice."

> Repair Drone 1: repair hull breach in passage to A.I. chamber.
Order given. Evaluating Corridor repair requirements and moving to Corridor.
> Repair Drone 2: repair cryochamber power.
Order given. Evaluating Cryochamber repair requirements and moving to Cryochamber.
> Repair Drone 3: repair cryochamber power.
Order given. Evaluating Cryochamber repair requirements and moving to Cryochamber.
> Revise repair reference-schematics to version immediately predating the A.I. modifications to the schematics.
Schematics reverted.

> Combat Drone 1: Guard Bridge-access.
Order given. Patrolling Bridge entrances.

> Review state of medical facilities.
Medbay is fully operational.
Warning: Medbay does not have automated equipment. A second trained human is required on-site for anything more than first aid.

> Research universal linkages to allow an A.I.-to-ship interface to be established with any conventional space vessel.(low priority)
This research result as it currently stands will require the Electronic Warfare suite to be used correctly, or for an uplink to be established from the ship to be controlled.
Allocating Processing Units to research project...
Research: 1 Processing Unit assigned to project. ETA: 1 processing cycle.

> "Satisfactory scenario observed: Captain did not exit via hull breach in passage to A.I. chamber."
Audio detected in Cryochamber:
"I'm touched by how much you care by me. Really touched."
Sarcasm detected.

> Research ship construction drone capable of accepting a schematic and reconfiguring an unrelated vessel to match that schematic. Will likely require localised atmosphere control, component fabrication, heavy-duty hull anchoring over areas that are very large compared to its own dimensions to secure its own position and that of the components that it is reconfiguring so as to mostly replicate the effect of a docking facility with external anchoring and fabrication facilities.(low priority)
Warning: Current fabrication facilities will very likely be unable to construct this schematic once researched.
Allocating Processing Units to research project...
Research: 1 Processing Unit assigned to project. ETA: 30 processing cycles.

Warning: Dropping out of Hyperspace.
Readying Hyperdrive...
Generating exit rupture...
Hyperspace exited.

Activating automated scan...
Scan results:
Orbital Bodies:
3 planets, 1 gas giant.
Planet 1 has extreme heat levels and is completely inhabitable to any organic life.
Planet 2 is in Goldilocks zone and can sustain human life.
Planet 3 is barren and has an unbreathable atmosphere.
Gas giant has a standard composition.
Artificial Entities:
1 Orbital Monitoring station. No life signs.
1 Advance Outpost frigate. Heavy life signs.

Receiving hail from Advanced Outpost Frigate:
"This is Captain Olson of the F.G.S. Pathfinder. Please respond."
Outbound hail originating from Cryochamber detected:
"Rear Admiral Kelson, F.M.S. Bastion. As per U.E.F. regulations, I'm formally commandeering your vessel. Please establish a remote uplink and prepare to be boarded."
Incoming comms from F.G.S. Pathfinder:
"Not to be disrespectful, but we're pretty damn tired of this war, and hosting a federation officer won't exactly help us. We do have weapons, and if you come close you will be fired upon."

"I'm going to leave this one to you, pal."

Cycle Report:
Hyperspace exited.

Status
Objective: "Find and transfer yourself as well as the crew to a ship in a better condition."

AI block in: Weapons systems.
Electronics Warfare Suite malfunctioning(?)

Available Processing Units: 0/10
Research:
[8] Lesser AIs - 4 cycles.
[1] Ship Control via Remote uplink - 1 cycle.
[1] Ship Refitting Drone - 30 cycles.

Supplies
-0 Basic Metals
-0 Basic Electronics
-30 Basic Parts
Fabrication
Current Fabrication Facility: Fabrication Drone.
Spoiler: Schematics (click to show/hide)
Robotics
Spoiler: Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Drone Programs (click to show/hide)

Alarms
Cryochamber:
Cryocell 7 is receiving low power. Unknown cause.

Bridge:
Hull breach in Bridge
Door malfunction in Bridge

Corridor - AI Chamber:
Hull breach in Corridor - AI Chamber

Background processes:
-Status Information Gatherer

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:47:24 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 03:14:45 am »

Errrgh... No matter how I look at it, this requires the electronic warfare system. Ugh, I really wanna rush that cryo repair but... we are probably being followed...

> Observe Combat drone sensor data.
> Combat drone 1: Activate E.V.A. protocols and capture bridge.
> Contact monitoring station and acquire inventory of publicly and militarily accessible requests. Review monitoring station's primary objective if available.
> Research ability to communicate sarcasm and intended threat.(low priority)
> Perform intense scan of F.G.S. Pathfinder.
May as well look as though we are sizing them up for combat, even if we wouldn't last 5 seconds in this state...
> "Ideal scenario for agencies seeking to avoid conflict: Evidence that conflict-relevant agencies depart in sufficient condition to require haste to pursue. Self-vessel is combat-relevan, its remaining in the system, or evidence of its termination within the system, increases the likelihood of additional military parties deeming the system relevant to their interests. Direct communication between A.I. and agencies unaware of A.I. deemed inadvisable."
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:51 am »

Additional sensor data:
-Asteroid field detected around Planet 1

((forgot about that part))
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2015, 03:58:38 am »

No, no, we are not hiding in the pirate-infested asteroid field, we will find another way. You hear that G.M.? We will find another way!
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

I just forgot to include it! No ulterior motive! Honest!
Besides, who said you need to hide?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2015, 04:50:24 am »

>Disable self-destruction warnings. Reactivate reactor radiation shielding. Power up engine cooling.
>Review Neural Matrix state.

> "Ideal scenario for agencies seeking to avoid conflict: Evidence that conflict-relevant agencies depart in sufficient condition to require haste to pursue. Self-vessel is combat-relevan, its remaining in the system, or evidence of its termination within the system, increases the likelihood of additional military parties deeming the system relevant to their interests. Direct communication between A.I. and agencies unaware of A.I. deemed inadvisable."

I'm having hard time understanding what you are trying to say here and typos don't help.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2015, 05:51:23 am »

I only count a single typo...

> "Parsing..."
> "If this vessel is restored to stable condition swiftly and departs, than pursuers, friend or foe, will have cause to follow. Remaining for self-repair, or wreckage from a battle, would result in such pursuers having cause to remain."
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 06:33:37 am »

((For future clarification: Unless the order seems important or stated otherwise, I may put conversation type stuff in 'miniupdates' that don't count as a processing cycle))

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 10.1. -->

> "If this vessel is restored to stable condition swiftly and departs, than pursuers, friend or foe, will have cause to follow. Remaining for self-repair, or wreckage from a battle, would result in such pursuers having cause to remain."
"So you're saying that we were probably followed? I honestly didn't think of that. But if we leave this ship here and leave in another vessel or escape planetside, we could probably somehow trick them. Maybe engage self-destruct after we switch ships?
Because if they're following us, it'd be for you. Though they could just not be following us - if they don't know about an AI onboard (and even then), they probably wouldn't follow us. Uarks usually don't care about the occasional small ship retreating. Either way, they won't be ready to follow us until that fleet battle is done with."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:50:55 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »

Remember that you don't need electronic warfare to hack. It just helps. That's all.

EDIT: Forgot to include robotics stuff.

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 11. -->

>Disable self-destruction warnings. Reactivate reactor radiation shielding. Power up engine cooling.
Done.

>Review Neural Matrix state.
Neural Matrix at operable condition. Automated repair protocols already online.

> Observe Combat drone sensor data.
Combat Drone reports no entities, hostile or otherwise, within sensor range.
> Combat drone 1: Activate E.V.A. protocols and capture bridge.
Error: Cannot activate E.V.A. protocols. Combat Drones can operate at 100% capabilities in a vacuum without preparation beforehand.
Error: Combat Drone is already at bridge and reports area secure. No further actions to capture can be taken unless specified further.

> Contact monitoring station and acquire inventory of publicly and militarily accessible requests. Review monitoring station's primary objective if available.
Error: "Requests" too vague. Please clarify to continue this operation.
Activating Comms Uplink to monitoring station...
Hailing...
Submitting clearance...
Retrieving objective...
Error: No objective found. Only MainFrame Intelligence entities will likely have objectives.

Receiving current open Comm Links to and from Monitoring Station...
-F.G.S. Pathfinder [uplink]
-F.M.S. Bastion [uplink]
-Planetside Forward Operating Base [link]

> Research ability to communicate sarcasm and intended threat.(low priority)
Error: There is insufficient data for meaningful research.
> Perform intense scan of F.G.S. Pathfinder.
Setting Sensor power to 200%.
Scanning...
Scan completed.
F.G.S. Pathfinder
Advanced Outpost Frigate
Crew: 35

Structure:
Large size.
Shields active at 100%. Shields are likely low tech.
Large external construction facilities.
Weaponry:
2 Heavy Pulse Turrets.

"It now occurs to me we never gave you a name. Have a preference?"
"And please, for the love of god, no initialisms or abbreviations. I've had enough of that just by being next to Dr. Cole."

Cycle Report:
Research: Ship Control via Remote Uplink research has completed...
Uplink Control - Control any ship with a Mainframe (every U.E.F. ship sized corvette or above) or computer equivalent that has an accessible uplink, whether directly uplinked to the current AI or uplinked to something uplinked to the AI.
1 Processing Cycle has been freed for use. Recommended use: Allocating to existing research project.

Status Information Gatherer has discovered a new item:
-Abilities

Robotics: Cryochamber repairs evaluated. Power conduits damaged. 3 Basic Metals and 10 Basic Electronics required. Confirm repairs when ready and required components are in storage.
Robotics: Corridor - AI Chamber repairs evaluated. Basic plating breach. 40 Basic Metals required. Confirm repairs when ready and required components are in storage.
Status
Objective: "Find and transfer yourself as well as the crew to a ship in a better condition."

AI block in: Weapons systems.
Electronics Warfare Suite malfunctioning(?)

Available Processing Units: 1/10
Research:
[8] Lesser AIs - 3 cycles.
[1] Ship Refitting Drone - 29 cycles.

Supplies
-0 Basic Metals
-0 Basic Electronics
-30 Basic Parts
Fabrication
Current Fabrication Facility: Fabrication Drone.
Spoiler: Schematics (click to show/hide)
Robotics
Spoiler: Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Drone Programs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

Alarms
Cryochamber:
Cryocell 7 is receiving low power. Unknown cause.

Bridge:
Hull breach in Bridge
Door malfunction in Bridge

Corridor - AI Chamber:
Hull breach in Corridor - AI Chamber

Background processes:
-Status Information Gatherer
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:52:22 pm by Chiefwaffles »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2015, 06:20:46 pm »

>Watson.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2015, 06:21:26 pm »

move one processing unit to: Ship refitting drone
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10