Poll

Enter Hibernation? (See 3rd page)

Yes
- 4 (44.4%)
No
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Overseer AI [SG] - Processing Cycle 18  (Read 11576 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overseer AI [SG]
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 12:02:50 am »

> Activate fabrication drone to fabricate purely aesthetic ship components into basic parts.
> Engage autonomous anti-hacking routines and isolate cognitive functions from bridge-accessible connections.
> Adjust data connections to low repair priority.
> Commandeer the combat drone and physically sever data access to the bridge, starting with direct data connections between the bridge and A.I. chamber.
> "Possible direct attack to A.I. detected. Request update to primary objective to prevent possible sacrifice of mission critical systems in pursuit of objective that may become unattainable. Current objective: Save ship at all costs. Do you desire addition information?"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:08:14 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2015, 02:50:41 am »

> Activate fabrication drone to fabricate purely aesthetic ship components into basic parts.
> Engage autonomous anti-hacking routines and isolate cognitive functions from bridge-accessible connections.
> Commandeer the combat drone and physically sever data access to the bridge, starting with direct data connections between the bridge and A.I. chamber.
> "Possible direct attack to A.I. detected. Request update to primary objective to prevent possible sacrifice of mission critical systems in pursuit of objective that may become unattainable. Current objective: Save ship at all costs. Do you desire addition information?"
+1
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2015, 03:33:17 am »

I have no idea really, some sort of material counter seems fitting, otherwise it is sort of stuff bubbling up from nowhere. On the other hand, if you are willing to scavenge parts from the ship then there are probably a lot of parts that are not necessary. Fixed light emitters that can be replaced with carried light emitters, compartments to keep wiring out of the way that can be replaced with walking carefully, all manner of furniture, walls, plumbing... We could basically completely remove the living quarters and retain mobility. The spinal gun would be nice but at the moment it is just so many spare parts...

Perhaps there could be technology-level ratings. We can harvest raw materials from a barren planet, that can basically be moulded into shapes and that is it, so low-specification mechanical devices. Then you have more sophisticated stuff from a living wilderness with all those lovely long-chain chemicals that life likes to make. You could get supplies for slightly more sophisticated chemistry, along with materials of similar performance but significantly lower weight and other materials which are far more flexible. A basic civilisation could be harvested for refined metals and maybe plastics and ceramics and such, useful for a wide range of products but of low quality so do not fare well amidst the high energy flows and miniaturisation of futuretech. Then you have you contemporary stuff, which can build a wide range of stuff and could comprise a fully functional space vessel. Then you have elite components that are required for a few key energy conversion processes in advanced weaponry, the extreme miniaturisation required for A.I., and the extreme resilience required to manipulate the energy flows of a high-performance reactor. Then there would be ultratech which would be unreproducible by us primitives but some of the components can have their functions analysed and be incorporated into otherwise impossible designs. And there could be devices to refine parts from one category to another, so you could have a machine that converts energy into raw material, or a refinery that converts raw materials into pure metals and such, or a particle threader that converts pure materials into complex chemicals to produce long-chain organic compounds or high performance parts. Or you could have a friendly military manufacturing facility that can convert materials into elite materials if given enough time.

Hrmm, that all sounds like a lot of complexity and resource tracking that would slow things down with no real benefit. Perhaps just track what is available at the moment and modify the options accordingly. We could dismantle the spinal gun to produce a handful of full combat drones. We could strip down functional sections of the ship for clunky old combat drones from a few decades back. They can fight, but lack the finesse that one would like when dealing with a battle amidst sensitive ship components, a hostile void outside, and a cramped interior. Or we could just strip down spare panelling and not really lose anything that we care about but not be able to produce much more than basic mechanical devices. And perhaps we could do better with more time, but converting spare panelling into complex electronics is not practical in the midst of a boarding exercise...

Or maybe, just maybe, I am talking too much and not thinking enough, perhaps "You can build it, it will take this long" Would make for a really quick, easy game that everyone would enjoy more. Although, honestly, the real message of this is that I talk too much...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:08 am »

I would prefer to first disable all consoles on the ship programmatically and render them inoperative before relying physical destruction. Perhaps both?

>Display self destruction warnings on outside of AI room.
>Attempt to create other signals to support apparent imminent self-destruction, such as increased radiation from generator or other suitable devices.
>>Goal: Cause enemy to panic and therefore make hasty error prone decisions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 02:55:19 pm »

That seems fair, I am sort of panicking a little, I have no idea how dangerous this is... On the other hand, we really don't need the bridge, its function is primarily coordination and we can do that ourselves.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2015, 03:03:51 pm »

I would prefer to first disable all consoles on the ship programmatically and render them inoperative before relying physical destruction. Perhaps both?

>Attempt to create other signals to support apparent imminent self-destruction, such as increased radiation from generator or other suitable devices.
>>Goal: Cause enemy to panic and therefore make hasty error prone decisions.

This but nothing struck through.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 09:05:14 pm »

<-- Overseer AI - Cycle 6. -->

UNAUTHORIZED INTRUSION:
>>load Archive[LOCAL] onto ConnectedDevice[BRIDGE_SYSTEM_CONSOLE]
>>access System.AI_Monitor
>>access AI[NEURAL_MATRIX]
War#@ng: System corrAMtion detected.

User command input in AI chamber console detected:
>>troubleshoot AI[NEURAL_MATRIX]
User input in AI chamber console detected:
"Hang in there."

Searching Local Archives for relevant program...
Software found. Modified "repair" command.
Status Information Gatherer has discovered a new program:
Minor Salvage. Patrol an area for NEURAL EXCEPTION 33nd salvage them into a given material type.
Parameters: Area, Material Type.
Giving order: "Minor Salvage" with parameters: Area = Ship -safe, Material Type = Basic Parts.
Fabrication drone now salvaging. Estimated income: 10 parts every cycle.

FATAL EXCEPTION: Cognitive functions too corrupt to modify.
Engaging anti-hacking routines.
Warning: Without the Electronic Warfare suite, counter-hacking is not at 100% effectiveness.

Repair priority m(-AK.1-)ied.

Subroutine conflict detected. GenSUBROUTINE NOT FOUNDgistered as: Against. Ignoring command.

User input in AI chamber console detected:
"I'll try to think of something else that'll work. Just keep us alive for now."

Ship self des???t alarm activated.

Deactivating reactor radiation shielding.
Lowering power to engine cooling and venting heat to ship personnel areas.
Broadcasting self-destruct message.

Troubleshooting diagnostic has finished.
Results:
Neural Matrix corrupted. Hibernation recommended for recovery.

Status
Objective: "Save ship at all costs."

AI block in: Weapons systems.
Electronics Warfare Suite malfunctioning(?)

Available Processing Units: 0/10
Research:
[3] Sensory Overload Device - 1 cycle.
[7] Simple Combat Drone - 1 cycle.

Fabrication
Current Fabrication Facility: Fabrication Drone.
Spoiler: Schematics (click to show/hide)
Robotics
Spoiler: Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Drone Programs (click to show/hide)

Alarms
Bridge:
Motion alarm in Bridge
Hull breach in Bridge
Door malfunction in Bridge
Hacking attempt in Bridge!

Corridor - AI Chamber:
Hull breach in Corridor - AI Chamber
Motion alarm in Corridor - AI Chamber

Background processes:
-Status Information Gatherer
-Minor Counter-Hacking
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:42:15 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2015, 11:19:57 pm »

> Redirect nearest repair drone to repair electronic warfare suite.
> Attempt to construct virtual interface to provide falsified data to intruder.
> Inform autonomous navigation calculation systems that the intruder's console has requested a course to the galactic core while maintaining the minimum possible external gravity and wishes to be provided with status updates on every calculation..
> update the A.I. console with an unobtrusive little panel with a nice floral outline that provides in friendly lettering the critical updates as we receive them.
> "Cognitive functions compromised, hibernation recommended, ship and A.I. likely at risk during hibernation."
> "Extrapolation: Ship survival necessary. Boarding forces seek control of A.I. System. A.I. integrated into ship. Ship likely to survive successful boarding operation by hostile forces."
> "Request advice upon favourable surrender scenarios."
> "Attempt to trigger all the energy surge protection on the bridge."
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23:35 pm »

I may as well be open about this since it matters a lot for the direction of the game.

Hibernation is basically a "yes/no" kind of deal. Accepting it will basically accelerate the game forward and make it more of an expansion/exploration type deal. Honestly, it's something I want to try. By "accelerate forward" I mean a long time. Like months to years to decades to maybe even centuries.
Denying hibernation will just continue on as normal in the same direction, but you should still deal with the hacking and corruption. Not the biggest fan of this option because it's ever so slightly annoying dealing with my traditional enemy/ship combat systems in the command line interface-type thing. But I still enjoy it.

So just choose whatever option you, the players, think will lead to a more enjoyable experience.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2015, 11:26:30 pm »

I kinda want to try to keep our pet meat-unit functioning, it'd be sad to just bail on them, but, ehh, there are always more where that came from...
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2015, 11:28:22 pm »

He'll probably survive if you choose to hibernate.
Going to reset the poll since I've gotten a good enough consensus from it and switch it to hibernation yes/no.

EDIT: Resource poll ended at 1 for time-based, 3 for resource-based, and 0 for Other.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:30:24 pm by Chiefwaffles »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Overseer AI [SG] - Important Poll
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2015, 01:05:45 am »

How about we use hyperdrive to relocate the ship? While keeping fake self destruction signals up? Using high acceleration of hyperdrive would kill meat pets on board and effectively protect ship from boarders and traveling to another location would protect the ship from current external threats.

After that the AI could enter hibernation on orbit of some unknown star.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2015, 02:41:55 am »

Poll is too close to decide yet, so I'll just continue as normal until the consensus for it is more clear. Actual suggestions for actions other than hibernation would be nice at the point.
Hacking is still a problem, but the corruption isn't a problem unless ignored for too long.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2015, 08:07:08 am »

Since conquering the planet is no longer objective, I suggest we do this:

>IF boarders do not react to selfdestruct warnings THEN execute following orders
>>"Leaving the system temporarily. Please prepare for acceleration."
>>Initiate hyperjump to any nearby non-hostile system. Acceleration must be over invader tolerance, but preferrably below or equal to human tolerance. Going over human tolerance is acceptable if required precision cannot be reached.
>>While acceleration takes place, the combat drone goes patrolling the bridge and eliminates incapacited boarders.
>>After jump is completed check state of human in AI chamber. It may need medical assistance.
>ELSE continue increasing signs of imminent self destruction. Slowly increase reactor output near the point of meltdown, lower radiation shielding even further if possible without causing damage to the human or the ship. Turn internal lightning on and off at random intervals all over the ship.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 11:19:51 am »

Since conquering the planet is no longer objective, I suggest we do this:

>IF boarders do not react to selfdestruct warnings THEN execute following orders
>>"Leaving the system temporarily. Please prepare for acceleration."
>>Initiate hyperjump to any nearby non-hostile system. Acceleration must be over invader tolerance, but preferrably below or equal to human tolerance. Going over human tolerance is acceptable if required precision cannot be reached.
>>While acceleration takes place, the combat drone goes patrolling the bridge and eliminates incapacited boarders.
>>After jump is completed check state of human in AI chamber. It may need medical assistance.
>ELSE continue increasing signs of imminent self destruction. Slowly increase reactor output near the point of meltdown, lower radiation shielding even further if possible without causing damage to the human or the ship. Turn internal lightning on and off at random intervals all over the ship.
Yep this will work+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10