Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Beyond Sol (IC Thread)  (Read 7995 times)

spfifle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Sol (IC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 12:01:41 pm »

Moving slowly with a frame pack that almost certainly weighs more than him, Altem is one of the last to reach the boarding area. Behind him he tows a tiny wagon, squealing in protest under a mountain of perforated cardboard boxes. Clearly relieved that his trip is over, he grins widely as he salutes. Medic Corvos and company, all accounted for! It's a pleasure meeting all of you. With no objections I'll make these critters home in the cargo bay.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 12:10:43 pm »

Close behind Corvos is Owen, who nods to or salutes as nessasary as he makes his way to an empty bunk in the crew quarters. He then pulls out his tablet and links up with the ships datanet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »

Rusty stumbles aboard, a horrific rattling coming from the toolboxes he carries shoved under his arms.  A large, cigar leaves putrid smoke curling in the air behind him.

He coughs and red martian dust billows off his skin a few inches before settling back down, seemingly clinging to him like static.  "Eh names Rusty.  I've been volun-told to be the Chief Engineer of this here vessel.  I know a bit o how everything works but nothing massive bout anything.  Engineers, iffin you be needing me I'm going to go start pre-flight diagnostics."
Rusty wanders down to the ships engine holds and reactor areas to start his basic diagnostic runs on everything.  Largely attempting to just familiarize himself with the new vessel.
Nom nom nom

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »

Gary enters the engine room and lazily salutes Rusty. "Hey CE. Do you need help with anything?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 03:13:12 pm »

Will, claiming a comfortable (or as comfortable as they can be) bottom bunk, threw on a jacket and grabbed his authorization to the bridge, he strode up to the bridge, whilst looking at a data-pad, and entered. He then continues to run a diagnostic on the weapon systems, checking calibrations, and over-viewing the statuses on the fusion missiles. Humming, grunting, small utterances or a combination of the three could be heard as he runs for a complete documentation on a console. He then muttered under his breath "Damn as well hope te' bastards in engie know eapon' systems. Damn dun' wan' a jamming on them missiles."

While waiting on some processes, Will had then began looking at his communications device checking if it's on, hopefully functional if soemthing bad does happen
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 03:36:47 pm »

Terrance moved aside as another soldier entered, giving him a nod as he did so. He moved over to an unclaimed bunk and started to unpack his meager possessions.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 04:06:23 pm »

Ilse headed over to the bridge and looked for her chair. After sitting in it to test it's comfiness quotient, a totally real technical term taught to her by her father, she sets up her sleeping bag as close to the chair as she can while staying out of the way. "Hey there, beautiful. Looks like we'll be heading out soon, putting you through your paces. You looking forwards to it? I know I am."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »

With a quick jerk of the head, Will glanced at Ilse and blinked a few times before responding,
"Right, the un' piloting tis' ship. Excitement is left at bein' a gunner, and seein' we're at the front of the ship... Damn right I'm excited, gud' pay too."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »

For a brief second, Ilse looks over at Will with a blank face. Then understanding comes to her, and she chuckles. "Oh, I was talking to the ship. Nice to hear that you're ready, though. Looks like we can expect to be out here in the Void for a while."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 05:20:39 pm »

Oliva simply walks by, nearly and clearly clinically. Scrubs, white coat, she notices the mechanical hand sported by one of the crew. She also notes the scars of a couple of them, as well as various points of other personal effects in genetic modifications (all quite naturally normal in the game's modern version of humanity).

She nods gently, trying not to fixate upon that hand, and instead simply focusing on people's eyes when possible as a form of habit. She seems fairly interested in looking at the medical bay she will be working in as well as and especially the lab portion of it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 11:10:05 pm »

Comes in very quietly, not bothering anybody, trying to make a couple of mental notes about people's names. I just mostly don't want to step on anybody's toes or get made fun of. Hopefully I can just keep the shields up and running better than anyone else possibly could have, and they won't make fun of me or something.

"Hi."

I stand with the others.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 01:03:33 pm »

Kimby walked into the boarding gate of the ship with a heavy metal case, likely containing her weapon, and a large three and a half foot tall backpack, camouflaged in Mercury wasteland digital print. She gave a wave to most of the people as she passed, and giving a proper salute to her commander. She called out to anyone listening just before heading into the Crew Quarters, "Nice to meet everyone, but I'd rather not carry a sixty pound bag and my case around."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

Terrance, who by this point had unpacked his gear, nods to Kimby as she enters the quarters, before lying on his back. There'd be little time for relaxation once this ship got going.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 03:43:19 pm »

Allison comes right in with a soft smile on her face, personal effects neatly packed on the back.

"Hello everyone, I'm Allison or Ally for short if you like. Pleasure to meet all of you I'm sure."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 08:29:34 pm »

Mikaere strode through the assorted crew towards the bridges direction, examining them with a keen eye as he passed by. His words came out suddenly as he stopped in-front of the hall leading to the bridge, looking in their direction before he started to speak, his voice low and powerful.

"Right, I want everyone at their stations and prepped for launch within the half standard hour, no exceptions. Any contraband you may've tried sneaking on-board is to be discarded and otherwise removed from the ship immediately. And if anyone sees that bloody XO, tell them to see me on the bridge."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5