Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!  (Read 6656 times)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:57 pm »

Better cover.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »

All of them
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 02:17:35 pm »

((...Ok, I'll see if I can make it work....))

I realize the position I am isn't exactly optimal, and decide to move. For the moment, I duck down behind the table I had prepared, looking around for something useful. Maybe I could duck behind the bar for better cover? But I couldn't see very well...Maybe I could improve my line of sight by jumping on the roof? But there is no cover up there....

My mind fills with conflicting strategies as my eyes find themselves glued to the back door. Maybe I can find a different building offering a more advantageous position? I grab hold of both my weapons and crouch-run toward the back door, leaving my sentry to fire (44) another burst through the wall doing little more then acting as suppression.

The back door squeaks open, a sound covered by my enemies retaliatory gunfire upon a vacated position. It looks like they don't know I left yet. I look around for a decent position....

.....Finding myself surrounded by a group of men with sharp, pointy things. So that's where the melee troops went, they decided to flank me while the front guys kept me busy.

There seems to be five of them. I better act fast...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 02:40:39 pm »

Lessee, we brought the shottie and the SMG, right? Shottie in dominant hand, shoot one closent to that side. SMG in other, spray across the line?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 03:38:52 pm »

Lessee, we brought the shottie and the SMG, right? Shottie in dominant hand, shoot one closent to that side. SMG in other, spray across the line?
+1
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »

+1
+2
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:13 pm »

+1
+2
1+

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2015, 03:59:24 pm »

((Really the only sensible action I suppose  :P))

Acting on both my training and instinct, I bring my weapons to bear against the surprise enemy. (77)(12) In my right hand, I bring up my heavy shotgun towards the closest enemy, a woman in the leather uniform with a short sword. I was too slow, she was too fast. She knocks the shotgun aimed at her gut aside, deflecting it out of the way as if it was just another sword. The shot goes wild, slamming into the dirt nearby. (12)(31) Many of the others had not been so lucky, nor as quick. My left hand raises its weapon like a flash of lightning. Of the other group, one is cut down as four bullets slam into his chest while the buddy next to him is injured in the leg. The rest of the group dives off to the side, seeking cover. The injured man brings his fallen comrade in front of him, as a shield, and shouts as he charges forward for revenge, apparently unhindered by the injury.

Meanwhile, my sentry continues its lone firefight against the opponents. They seem to have realized I left the area, and have decided their fight is with the robot. Does their church think they can stop progress by blowing up every machine in existence? (14) My sentry finally strikes true, five of a six round burst catching a gunman from his left torso to his right shoulder as he decided now was the time for better cover. (53) With a renewed gusto, the enemies fire another round of inaccurate bullets into the poor saloon.

Back in my area, the girl attempts to disarm me of my shotgun with her sword. (96)(21) But I am ready this time, I move out of the way of her maneuver at the last second, dodging it easily. Her sword crashes into the door behind me, stuck, effectively disarming her herself. She moves to pull out a knife as her injured companion's charge is nearly upon me.

Note of rolls!

Range attacks are a single roll (XX) of a d100. Small numbers are good, large numbers are bad. 1 is critical, 100 is critical failure. I use this number, cover, and other circumstances to see if the attack hit and how well it hit.

Close-range attacks have two rolls, the first for the attacker the second for the defender (XX)(XX), representing both being able to act against each other at such a close range. Damage/hits are calculated in the same way, but a high roll for a defender can avoid even a well-placed attack, even turning its effect around if the difference is good enough!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2015, 05:32:27 pm »

Shitshitshit. Dive roll to the side, firing off a few crack shots from the SMG. Retrieve our shotgun, if reasonably practical.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »

use the spikes in the but of our shotgun we had forgot about until now as a weapon
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2015, 11:58:55 pm »

use the spikes in the but of our shotgun we had forgot about until now as a weapon
Shitshitshit. Dive roll to the side, firing off a few crack shots from the SMG. Retrieve our shotgun, if reasonably practical.

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »

+1
1+

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »

Poke, Poke?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]