Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!  (Read 6689 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG): Inventor!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

An APPRENTICE of course! We're needing a sidekick, as the.. loneliness has kinda.. driven you crazy. But you search town to town trying to find a genius like yourself. Of course, selling your merchandise too.. for a high price, and totally not kidnapping people and experimenting them to create horrific necromantic-mechanoid creations to serve you!
+1 to an APPRENTICE/PROJECT We shall merge mankind with weapons technology to create the first TRULY LIVING WEAPON!
((Seems to be the winner.))

Another clatter, another evacuation, another abandoned table. Only a third of the formally crowded bar is left, with the remaining patrons glancing between me and the door. The bartender continues his actions as usual, as if he was part machine himself.

"Yer new in town. So its only fair ta warn ya."

He continues, pausing more briefly then before.

"It ain't a good idea ta try selling that kind of stuff here. Not anymore, at least. An' anyone that would make a good Apprentice either ran out, went into hidin' or..."

The bartender breaks eye contact, looking through the door, as if to make sure nobody was watching.

"Ya can't be too surprised about this. If ya found this town, ya had to find out 'bout 'em. Do ya know what yer up against?"

What I'm up against? Of course. They are...

((Now is a time to decide the [first?] baddie! I have a [Default] antagonist ready if the answer is actually no  :P))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 12:47:06 pm »

The NecroMechanic, Who ever herd of any one worse?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:45:42 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »

The lizard-men space alien dictators of course!
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 03:48:46 pm »

The Church of Bernard, who militantly enforce tradition and consider innovation - and, by extension, inventors such as us - to be sinful.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 03:49:23 pm »

The Church of Bernard, who militantly enforce tradition and consider innovation - and, by extension, inventors such as us - to be sinful.
+1
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 03:54:31 pm »

The kobold  war boys and the steam power deathtracks
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 04:10:58 pm »

+1
1+

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 04:15:37 pm »

+1
1+
1+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »

The Aryan Priestess, an unholy priest of a local death god that is told to keep laboratories filled with eldritch monstrosities to send toward her enemies. She scares the crap out of EVERYONE. EXCEPT YOU.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 04:37:39 pm »

+1
1+
1+1
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 11:31:29 am »

((Alright, this schedule seems to be working well so far.))

The room is emptied in an instant, with the remaining patrons bolting out of the saloon like pellets from a shotgun (making an equivalent sound, I might add). The bartender and myself are now alone. The room is now silent enough that I can hear the bartender polishing his shotgun, a rhythmic sound like a clock ticking.

He finally stops, setting down the rag as he flips the safety off.

"That's right. And tradition pays well, don't you know? I ain't gonna say anythin', don't worry about that."

He seems to have removed the pause before speaking-as if clearing the room cleared his head.

"But those fellas who just left aren't going to let an opportunity like that pass by. Half of 'em probably went to tell the Church you are here...the other half knew the Church already knows and is probably sending someone here even now, and they don't wanna get involved. You better leave before they arrive..."

I find myself breaking eye contact with the man, looking at his gun. It had been polished to a mirror-like shine, I could probably see myself in its barrels if it wasn't so black. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen myself in a while, have I? I've almost forgotten what I look like.

I turn around in my circular chair, leaning back against the bar while looking across the abandoned saloon. I gaze into the window, tinted by dirt to the point of barely allowing light in, looking for any signs of trouble. Then I notice my reflection in the glass, hard to make out passed the grime. I find myself taking the opportunity to focus on it, seeing nothing dangerous outside.

Really, really hard to make out. I find myself almost asking, what do I see?

((Character appearance/ things that can be seen by appearance alone.

Of course, at this rate, the character will take forever to finish  :P. In addition to the characterization post, there is now enough of a setting that you can suggest actions. I would prefer if you +1nd actions and character traits seperatly. If no action is taken, the bad guys will show up after we are done looking at ourselves.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 11:57:20 am »

We are a White Male, with brown hair, an Awesome Mustache, and Three scars down by our left eye that would have made us half blind if we had any less luck.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:10:07 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 08:49:43 pm »

We are a White Male, with brown hair, an Awesome Mustache, and Three scars down by our left eye that would have made us half blind if we had any less luck.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 12:58:45 pm »

((Aaaand Stirk has a test today, so no update~. Current winner: White guy, brown hair, mustache and scars etc. No current action beyond waiting for baddies to show up.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 03:42:24 pm »

Adding vote to whitedude with awesome facial hair and scars.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6