Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!  (Read 6658 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG): Inventor!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2015, 05:59:55 pm »

((Update incoming as soon as the fight is over. You are, of course, missing the obviose solution of having a forth gun which is all in one  :P, or giving your weapons the ability to combine. Current winner: Three guns. I've decided to loosely base the weapons on real-life models, namely

Gun 1:Murderizer 9000
Cross between SPP-1/COP .357 Derringer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With the grip of the SPP-1, the trigger of the Derringer, then the general furniture and outline of the SPP-1 with the Derringer's barrel. .357 caliber. Its unknown if the weapon has more then four shots, one for each barrel, at the moment. It probably does, and may have multiple triggers, more in line with a shotgun.

Gun 2: Custom shotgun
Based on the KS-23 Riot shotgun

Smooth-bore, rather than rifled like the real gun. 6.27 gauge (~23mm) *("normal" 12 gauges are ~18.5 mm)). The gun it is based on is capable of firing several specialized rounds, from shotgun-like shrapnel to engine-piercing slugs to a variety of less-lethal grenades. This makes a good base for a shotgun that can do similar things, in my opinion.

Gun 3: Turret
This was, naturally, the most difficult to find a base for. Most that work in real life are 200+ pounds, with machine guns that weigh 80+ pounds added. I managed to find the Samson Remote Controlled Weapon Station, namely the Samson Jr. ROWS, an automatic/remote controlled turret weighing 60kg with a 5.56 machine gun. Naturally, its still a bit to heavy to carry everywhere, but our Genius Inventing skills allow us to shrink its size to half that. Removing the remote control systems would help with this, but otherwise our GENIUS is the only excuse.

Pictures of 50mm "Mini" model (normal 200+ pound model), 'cus I couldn't find a pictire of the smaller one.

Well that killed some time. Update coming soon! Winner: Three weapons. Additional weapons and abilities may be added later.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:48:50 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2015, 06:04:24 pm »

Yep add in a forth gun that is a turret, a sawed off shotgun, and a pistol, called Death Dealer.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2015, 07:19:27 pm »

((Update on the weapons in my last post, for visualization purposes.))

((Winner: ALL THE GUNS))

Ah, now that I think about it, my reflection is hardly my only friend. After all, I have certain trusty traveling companions making me practically a walking party!

I stop leaning on the bar, my backpack causing the wood beneath it to creak quietly as the weight was released. It felt good to take a break from lugging this thing around. Looks like I can take it for a bit longer. I slide it off of my back, dropping it on the floor in a single motion. I tap a worn-red button with my foot, as my sentry gun begins to expand to life.

While my sentry finishes, I walk over to one of the smaller tables. I flip it over, in a kind of waste-high barricade. I then open my jacket, taking a large shotgun from its sling and resting it on the top of the table-barricade with my right hand. My left reaches for a holster and my trusty Murderizer 9000, which makes an appearance in the air next to the others.

Gangs all here.

The Church continues approaching. They break into a V-shaped "Wedge" formation, brandishing their weapons for entry. These people certainly take their belief in tradition seriously, their tactics are completely by the book. And they are preparing to breach the place.

Lets rock.

((COMBAT ACTION TIME!

If there is any details anyone would like to add to the enemies, this is a good time. If not, they will be Generic Mooks with current Modern style weapons and tactics.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 07:23:09 pm »

one forth of Our opponents are armed with "Ancient armor and weapons" as in plate mail and two handed swords, or cross bows and studded leather, they really hate new things...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:42:13 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2015, 07:40:30 pm »

Is it just me, or does our armed friend here sound a bit like The Engineer?

Drop a bad-ass boast on them yellow-bellied cowards!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 08:12:01 pm »

studded leather
studded leather

*faint screaming is heard which grows louder until someone gets hit with a plate armor gauntlent*

Back on subject, lets hold fire until they try coming in. Then we use the shotgun on people coming in, have the turret hit them through the walls (or are they stone?) and use the pistol when we have to reload the shotgun.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:15:36 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 08:24:50 pm »

With the grip of the SPP-1, the trigger of the Derringer, then the general furniture and outline of the SPP-1 with the Derringer's barrel. .357 caliber. Its unknown if the weapon has more then four shots, one for each barrel, at the moment. It probably does, and may have multiple triggers, more in line with a shotgun.

I was thinking more like this,
Spoiler: Murderizer 9000 (click to show/hide)

studded leather
studded leather
+1 to the nuns in studded leather "armour" because the bishop is just a dirty and kinky old man.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »

studded leather
studded leather
+1 to the nuns in studded leather "armour" because the bishop is just a dirty and kinky old man.
WIN
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:31:37 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 08:30:39 pm »

You lot screwed up your quotations.
-edit-
 There you go, much better.

Although, I have to ask, was that video intended to say something, besides the fact that TV and film seem to think that everyone between the romans and the 17th century wore brown and black mud covered leather?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:37:44 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:57 pm »

You lot screwed up your quotations.
-edit-
 There you go, much better.

Although, I have to ask, was that video intended to say something, besides the fact that TV and film seem to think that everyone between the romans and the 17th century wore brown and black mud covered leather?
I have no idea :D
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 08:41:28 pm »

studded leather
studded leather
That is, in fact, a submachine gun not a pistol  :P.

The walls are wood, it is a standard Wild-Wild west style saloon (As Tradition dictates.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

Yes but the SerLea is the closest thing i could think of.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2015, 08:56:22 pm »

Yes but the SerLea is the closest thing i could think of.

Alright-updating design. (Semi?)Auto 9mm, four barreled pistol that looks like four guns welded together fired by a single trigger. Two 9mm magazines sticking out the bottom, two on the sides like the STEN.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:25 pm »

Would prefer to have them top feeding, personally. Side mags stick out a fair bit and have a few issues of their own.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2015, 09:08:48 pm »

Would prefer to have them top feeding, personally. Side mags stick out a fair bit and have a few issues of their own.

I couldn't comprehend anywhere to put the sights at that point. Even most pictures of the Serlea don't seem to have any, a few seem to have a newer reflex sight that does not appear to have been on the original gun.

This gun is already absurdly absurdly impractical anyway  :P. Have it your way, two Bren-like magazines on the top.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6