Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!  (Read 6661 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Aria of Gunfire (SG): More Daka!
« on: October 09, 2015, 07:28:52 pm »

Heya~! Stirk again! My last SG came out...weirdly, to say the least. I thought I would give it another go~! Mostly because all of the games I am in right now have been going slow, and I have some time over the weekend. Oh well, here goes nothing! Generally, the plot, character, and setting will depend on player input while Stirk does his best to steer it away from complete nonsense, inevitably failing. So make suggestions whatever you want, really.

I push through the half-broken double doors, which screech like dying mice under my hands. The saloon, just seconds before releasing enough noise to keep half the town up, became dead silent. The tables where filled to capacity and beyond, with plenty sitting on the tables next to half-full mugs of beer. All eyes where on me, examining me, looking for strengths and weaknesses. I don't belong here, their behavior makes that clear. Many quickly grow bored, taking a long sip of their drinks, others checking their hips, shoulders, or ankles for their piece. Someone, I don't see who, spits tobacco in front of my feet.

I ignore it, the gazes, the weapons, stepping over the tobacco I make my way to an empty seat on the bar. Once, maybe, it spun. Once, maybe, it was comfortable. Now it is a shell, full of wounds with visible springs and yellowish foam, with years of gunk keeping anything once mechanical fixed in place.

The bartender, a relatively portly bald man, was standing in place in front of a row of glass mugs. In one hand is a rag, in the other (where one would, perhaps, expect a mug in need of cleaning to be) was an SPR-220 double-barreled shotgun, shining from the polish under the dim light, looking as new as the day it was made.

The bartender looks me in the eye. He opens his mouth, thinking rather than speaking (revealing two gaps in his teeth, next to the crooked mess that remains it could almost be called a mercy) before glancing around the bar once. Finally finding the words, he struck up a conversation.

"Ya ain't from 'round here, are ya? A blind man could tell that by lookin' at ya. Marchin' in here like that, ya got ta have some kinda confidence there. Who, no, what the hell are you?"

What am I? Well...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:19:47 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »

Clearly we're the best god-damn gun tinkerer in our narcissistic view of the world!
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »

We're the greatest mechanic and inventor in the known world. We make fukkin' mechs, man.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 07:57:15 pm »

We're the greatest mechanic and inventor in the known world. We make fukkin' mechs, man.
+1
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »

+1
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 09:13:36 pm »

((Update will come tomorrow morning, for the record. Tired Stirk writings don't make a steady base  :P. Current winner: Mech inventor.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 09:23:20 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 09:37:51 pm »

((Update will come tomorrow morning, for the record. Tired Stirk writings don't make a steady base  :P. Current winner: Mech inventor.))
My idea wasn't a MECH inventor, but an inventor who also make MECHS. An inventor allows us to have a HUUUGE variety of things to make.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »

My idea wasn't a MECH inventor, but an inventor who also make MECHS. An inventor allows us to have a HUUUGE variety of things to make.

Clarification acknowledged. This is why Tired Stirk isn't allowed to write things  :P.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »

Clarification acknowledged. This is why Tired Stirk isn't allowed to write things  :P.
GO TO BED TIRED STIRK. YOUR DRUNK.

In all seriousness, I kinda wish I suggested Mechromancer instead, but I'll live with my suggestion.. ;-;

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 10:13:13 am »

((It was like eight at night  :P. I just have long days on Fridays. Now Stirk is morning tired, which is completely different.))

Nobody in the room seems to be put at ease by this. In fact, the patrons seem even more suspicious than before. Those that had been ignoring me look with renewed interest, while those suspiciously eyeing me begin twitching in anticipation. A couple men talk to each other in the back, animating their speech with rapid hand motions. As they finish, the sound of a dozen chairs screeching against the wooden floor fills the saloon. Looking back, a large table had been completely and swiftly abandoned, with cigarettes still throwing up smoke from ash dishes, and a deck of worn playing cards lying in a game half-finished among the forest of forgotten beers.

The bartender follows my eyes, looking at whatever I'm looking without changing his expression. He seems to be thinking once again about what to say, ignoring the loss of business my presence seems to be causing. Noticing my attention has been brought back to him, he begins speaking once again.

"This town ain't exactly some kinda library. What brings an inventor to a place like this?"

What brings me to this town? Well...

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Aria of Gunfire (SG): Inventor!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 11:23:49 am »

Selling our products at ludicrous prices of course! Maybe shooting a man or two!
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 10:39:44 pm »

An APPRENTICE of course! We're needing a sidekick, as the.. loneliness has kinda.. driven you crazy. But you search town to town trying to find a genius like yourself. Of course, selling your merchandise too.. for a high price, and totally not kidnapping people and experimenting them to create horrific necromantic-mechanoid creations to serve you!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 08:52:21 am »

An APPRENTICE of course! We're needing a sidekick, as the.. loneliness has kinda.. driven you crazy. But you search town to town trying to find a genius like yourself. Of course, selling your merchandise too.. for a high price, and totally not kidnapping people and experimenting them to create horrific necromantic-mechanoid creations to serve you!
+1 to an APPRENTICE/PROJECT We shall merge mankind with weapons technology to create the first TRULY LIVING WEAPON!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 10:17:32 am »

+1 to an APPRENTICE/PROJECT We shall merge mankind with weapons technology to create the first TRULY LIVING WEAPON!
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6