Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61514 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »

Think about a door that leads into my current room. Look for the place where it opens.

If that doesn't work, go for a door from this room, leading into this room.

Finally, start punching the walls, trying to walk through them. There is a ceiling, right?

If a door opens and looks vaguely survivable, at any point, stick my foot and then the rest of my body through it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:37:33 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2016, 06:06:02 pm »

Vanessa's door has closed. When you open it, it opens onto a wall.
"Hmm. I knew I should had taken that left turn at Albuquerque."
Use the colours I have with me to paint a Doom-style red exit sign over the door and a nice scene from Hephaestus or the Sword on the wall. Then try to go through the painting.
If that fails, close the door and open it, see if it leads to the desired destination then.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:15:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »

Hmm. That may hold true. Try it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2016, 08:34:48 pm »

After Vanessa is done opening and closing a door, open the same one, after her, and see if the room is any different. If it is, close the door, then open it again to see if it leads to the same place.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2016, 08:38:50 pm »

Arrange the bodies in descending order of height, from right to left of the door with their feet pointing towards it.
Fold their hands across their chests in a dignified manner and ensure all their eyes are closed.

((I'm honestly not sure what Jobasio intends to achieve by this, and I'm a tad bit disturbed.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 06, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »

look for a door that opens into a room full of loot.

do not let the door close if found.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 06, 2016, 10:49:18 pm »

"Eep." Close door. Open it again and take a peek.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:02 am »

Use the colours I have with me to paint a Doom-style red exit sign over the door and a nice scene from Hephaestus or the Sword on the wall. Then try to go through the painting.
If that fails, close the door and open it, see if it leads to the desired destination then.

Go through Flint's door and see what happens.

Regardless of whether the other side is real, check the trail of breadcrumbs to see how far down the hallway the mapping tool thinks we've gone.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2016, 01:18:34 pm »

Arrange the bodies in descending order of height, from right to left of the door with their feet pointing towards it.
Fold their hands across their chests in a dignified manner and ensure all their eyes are closed.

You do this. It's hard, slightly sickening work, but also completely benign as far as you can tell.

"...we should examine these doors before opening them, as each one likely leads to somewhere different. Maybe they have clues to where they go on them."

Examine doors for any differences between them, any particular features about them that might suggest any places they'd lead to. If they're all identical, open the closest door to me, close it (unless it leads to the Doc's lab by some impossibility), then open it again to see if it leads to the same place each time.
You open the nearest door. It's an empty room the size of a closet. You close the door. You open it again. This time it looks like the interior of the elevator.

Haunt Vanessa with demon-being-ness.
Gonna shoot you with the meta-cancer gun
Sounds interesting. Let's try it.
You open a door.

Think about a door that leads into my current room. Look for the place where it opens.

If that doesn't work, go for a door from this room, leading into this room.

Finally, start punching the walls, trying to walk through them. There is a ceiling, right?

If a door opens and looks vaguely survivable, at any point, stick my foot and then the rest of my body through it.

You close your eyes and think hard. Then you open them. There's a door in front of you.  Alright.

You stand up, walk over to it and carefully open it. It opens into a mirror image of this room, with a mirror image of yourself holding open a mirror image of the door.

"Something went wrong." the mirror you says, and then closes the door.

Your attempt to bugs bunny your way out through a painting fails, however when you open and close the door again, it does appear to lead out onto the plains of Hephaestus.

look for a door that opens into a room full of loot.

do not let the door close if found.

You open a door. It appears to open onto a large stock room filled with wooden shipping crates.

"Eep." Close door. Open it again and take a peek.
This time the door refuses to open again.

Go through Flint's door and see what happens.

Regardless of whether the other side is real, check the trail of breadcrumbs to see how far down the hallway the mapping tool thinks we've gone.

You walk out onto what appear to be the plains of heph. Once you get into the area though, you notice that it is actually a very small room in which the walls, floor and ceiling are detailed in such a way as to make them appear to be the outside world when viewed from the right angle.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2016, 01:26:58 pm »

stick a knife under the door to wedge it open and then go look in the crates, check for labels or manifests prior to opening and avoid anything labelled as a biohazard.
also perform cameye scans on all of the crates looking for booby traps, strongly expect to find none.

pray for guns, precious metals, and unique metamaterials or artifacts of value to the R&D guys.
or an alien puppy in a stasis pod.

((I have the strangest feeling that ive come across this scenario before... I just cant remember where...))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:35:06 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2016, 01:30:01 pm »

"Hmm."

Take a spare eye out from within me and stick it through the door on one of my arms. Have a good lookabout with the eye, and then draw it back in and process the data. Was it really the inside of the elevator? The elevator shaft or the elevator itself?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

Sounds interesting. Let's try it.
You open a door.
Examine the meaning of this. what is it, really, to open a door?
Also examine the body I used to open this door. Is it one I have inhabited before?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »

"Ah. Now, this wouldn't happen to somebody normal. And the vast majority of unusual people wouldn't have the strength or conviction to act. But whoever's goddamn out there watching this with some sick grin on their face, you'd better not assume I'm your average grunt.

I spent decades in a military simulation videogame. Useless for real life, made me the loser I am today. Just someone with no understanding of the world trying to build something, on the conviction that not everyone is as fucked as he is. In a place like ARM, just waiting to be swatted to bloodied fragments by chance, horror or malice.

But I went under the needle a few times in the game. I was knocked out, I dreamed. And I know how this shit. This is one of two things. Could be that there's a hell of a lot of these people. And the question is, which one's the real me. But I've been through the puzzles before. The madness. The frustration. The rage. And if it's the only thing living in a virtual world for years has taught me, I know this one's the real me. Now, there's another puzzle. And the solution to that one involves counting the doors."

Is there a door opening behind me, in my room? If so, stay exactly where I am, with my door open for a few minutes, then close it, provided nothing dramatic (i.e. someone comes in, it leads to a new place) happens.

If not, then rush into the other room, possibly shoving the inhabitant aside, and jump through the other door.
One wheel short of a wagon

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2016, 08:35:29 pm »

(())

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2016, 09:57:10 pm »

((You think I fear the bees?

Do you have any idea just how valuable alien death bees are?))

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35