Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61415 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #420 on: December 31, 2015, 01:10:17 pm »

Going to rip him into shreds and make him feel his dismembered parts as I set them aflame Take one shot at him. Attempt to neutralize the artifact if possible. Afterwards I'm going to retreat until we hit relative normalcy.

Let brain guy take one laser rifle shot with the arms holding it. Then go into the nearest door (assuming there are any, if not just take the nearest path away from Union Dumbass Guy. Try to contact rest of the team over the comms and find out where they are. If I can, head toward them.

If any message does get through to the other team members:

:Fellow ARM members, this is Vanessa Anagrid. I'm experiencing severe reality distortions directly following another teammate sticking some form of bone bayonet into the same blurry area that caused the teammate who stuck his head into it to become supernaturally murderous. The walls are bleeding and turning into meat. If any of you could give me a comparison of my location in comparison to yours and how I could get to you, I'd appreciate it. I repeat, the walls are turning into meat. This is not a situation I want to be in.:
You run down the hallway until you reach the end. The hallway appears to end in a single door.

"That's a scary tone of voice you got there...almost like you were someone else there for a bit...anyways. One laser burst coming up."

Disable the artifact in Duncans hand with the laser rifle in the arms that Xan Vanessa is giving me control of. Or take off his hand, whichever is easier.
The thing duncan just made and that isn't the source of the meat ? Ok.

You shoot your laser at the thing but it is completely unaffected by the attack.

"I think this area is collapsing, for some reason! Evacuate while you can, men!"

Duncan dives into the corridor, the long one, and rolls away from the meat and into a random door, slamming it behind him. He lets people in if they cry for help, though doesn't let any scary fleshmonsters in. Especially not ones under big cloaks.

Also, take a look at the stone, and think very hard about my own protection at it. Try tasting it, if this does nothing.

Thinking is not the right nomenclature. Nor is praying. Nor commanding. Hoping is close.

You run into the nearest unopened door close it behind you. Inside is a small square room with no defining features. You look back and the door is gone, replaced with a blank wall.

Neat.

"Other Flint is either invulnerable, or he's just in our heads. Maybe this is all a bad dream..."

Keep close to our Flint for warmth and comfort.
The warmth and comfort of a metal leg.

Meditate.

Drop into Limbo.

Die, looking extremely rad while doing so.

Separate cane into small lumps, swallow all.

Go a few doors down the infinite hallway, open a door a bit and peek in. Exercise caution, take note of how useful my new 'spatial-awareness' are.
You peak in. Inside is a room, a patient's room. There's a bed and a desk and a few scattered personal effects. The bed is empty but there's paper on the desk.

Search random doors near flint, safety in numbers.
You open a door and find Vanessa standing right outside it.

"Erm," Jobasio actually sounds slightly rattled for a moment as he talks over the comms, as opposed to his usual batty cheerfulness, "I seem to have found a, um, well..." He pauses for a moment, stroking his gauss rifle for assurance and quickly regaining his composure.

"Let's just say the inhabitants of this facility seem to be pretty cool guys. That is to say I found them in a freezer. Strung up like meat. Which is what they are, as far as I can see... well, excepting the possibility that this place is some colony of murderous cannibals experienced in luring and catching human prey, anyhow."

Robo-asio hesitates at the room's threshold.
"Scanning for any anomalous behaviour, but so far they're just reasonably dead."

Inspect the room from the doorway with my cam-eye. Any life signs? Also do any of them look familiar?
Be ready to beat a hasty retreat if any of these frosty folks happen to start moving or anything silly like that.

Well, the bodies are all real by the look of it, through x-ray you can see their skeletons and stuff. No signs of life, all quiet here.

((I'm very tempted to pick up someone and just throw him at headless Flint to see what happens.
Also, I'd say "I told you so" at NJW if I hadn't done some equally silly stuff myself.
Speaking of silly stuff...))

One final attempt: Give him the chair. By which I mean, throw an invincible chair and a bad pun at him. Not too hard, don't want to hurt him, aim for the legs, just try to trip him. Maybe something created here will have a different effect.
"All that walking must be tiring your legs. Why don't you... take a seat!"

Speaking of legs, does he have human legs or robot legs like me?

If the chair throwing fails, then just follow him for a while longer, occasionally marking the corridor with spraypaint. See if he leads us to anywhere interesting.

He appears to have robot legs.

You huck the chair at his lower body and the instant the two objects collide, they both burst and vanish in a flash of light.

Alright...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #421 on: December 31, 2015, 01:22:07 pm »

"Whoa. Cool. Guess now we know what to do to make them disappear. Unless that just summoned a demon-Flint-chair-hybrid somewhere. That would be fun to fight."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 31, 2015, 02:29:56 pm »

Examine stone, really closely. Think about my lifechoices: were they good ones?

Look for any features: grilles, etc. If none are found, close my eyes for a bit then open them again.

Are comms working from where I am? Try 'em.

Quote from: attempted comms message from christopher to anybody. Location: featureless doorless room
Help! A portion of the anomaly destabilized, and in escaping I ended up in a subjectively worse position! I can't see any way out!

I have the CSU's entire artifact repository with me, by the way, which appears to contain a small universe, just in case anyone was going to leave me in the lurch!

I'm trapped in a room without a door, windows, or any visible exit, with little equipment or supplies, can anyone please help me get out?

And if anyone says something about drinking water from the spring, eating dates from the calendar and using the piano key to unlock the door, I will fucking murder them, ok?

Panicking just a little here!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:14:23 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »

"This is ominous, but then everything is now."

Be prepared for possibly unusual phenomena.

Through that door I go!

Remain on guard, of course.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

Wave the rifle menacingly towards anything that looks dangerous. Which is everything right now. Fire at anything Xan Vanessa OK's me to shoot at.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2015, 04:59:42 pm »

Haunt Vanessa with demon-being-ness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 01, 2016, 08:01:50 am »

open more doors, continue using flint as a meatshield.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 01, 2016, 10:33:06 am »

Step inside and search the bodies for any clues.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #428 on: January 01, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »

If I can receive messages from the guy trapped in the room, try opening his door, if it exists. Don't let him exit though. In fact, close it right after I see his artifact.
Also get a few more chairs from the door Vanessa opened, if possible. Never know when they might come in handy.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 03, 2016, 11:35:59 pm »

Add this patient's room to my map, maybe with some labels or pictures or something. Grumble that it isn't simple enough. Prop door slightly ajar, sit outside it, and program some more, to make adding rooms and room data as easy as I can. Peek back inside and record room contents. Close door, open it again to peek inside once more. If it's the same, go take short peeks inside some more doors along the hallway, maybe systematically, and get quick snapshots of contents. Consider how much easier it would be if there were a drone that could do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2016, 12:38:37 pm »

Examine stone, really closely. Think about my lifechoices: were they good ones?

Look for any features: grilles, etc. If none are found, close my eyes for a bit then open them again.

Are comms working from where I am? Try 'em.

Quote from: attempted comms message from christopher to anybody. Location: featureless doorless room
Help! A portion of the anomaly destabilized, and in escaping I ended up in a subjectively worse position! I can't see any way out!

I have the CSU's entire artifact repository with me, by the way, which appears to contain a small universe, just in case anyone was going to leave me in the lurch!

I'm trapped in a room without a door, windows, or any visible exit, with little equipment or supplies, can anyone please help me get out?

And if anyone says something about drinking water from the spring, eating dates from the calendar and using the piano key to unlock the door, I will fucking murder them, ok?

Panicking just a little here!
The stone is a perfectly smooth sphere, with what appears to be a sort of starscape within. It has an almost catseye appearance, a sort of optical illusion or glow that follows your eye no matter how you turn the sphere.

I dunno, kinda up to your judgement. Good is subjective.

Never seen grill spelled like that. Oh well. No this room is totally featureless. Even when you re-open your eyes.

No dice with the coms.

"This is ominous, but then everything is now."

Be prepared for possibly unusual phenomena.

Through that door I go!

Remain on guard, of course.

Auron has already opened the door for you so...I guess you're now following him!

Wave the rifle menacingly towards anything that looks dangerous. Which is everything right now. Fire at anything Xan Vanessa OK's me to shoot at.
One of Venessa's arms waggles about threateningly

Gonna shoot you with the meta-cancer gun

open more doors, continue using flint as a meatshield.
You open a door. It leads to a hall made entirely of doors, including the ceiling and floor.

Step inside and search the bodies for any clues.

Well the bodies are naked so they're not really hiding much. A quick search of them shows that many show signs of violence, illness, deformity or other oddities.

If I can receive messages from the guy trapped in the room, try opening his door, if it exists. Don't let him exit though. In fact, close it right after I see his artifact.
Also get a few more chairs from the door Vanessa opened, if possible. Never know when they might come in handy.

Vanessa's door has closed. When you open it, it opens onto a wall.

Add this patient's room to my map, maybe with some labels or pictures or something. Grumble that it isn't simple enough. Prop door slightly ajar, sit outside it, and program some more, to make adding rooms and room data as easy as I can. Peek back inside and record room contents. Close door, open it again to peek inside once more. If it's the same, go take short peeks inside some more doors along the hallway, maybe systematically, and get quick snapshots of contents. Consider how much easier it would be if there were a drone that could do this.
You do your stuff up till you open the door again. The room is mostly the same, except this time there's a man laying on the bed inside it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2016, 01:11:24 pm »

Arrange the bodies in descending order of height, from right to left of the door with their feet pointing towards it.
Fold their hands across their chests in a dignified manner and ensure all their eyes are closed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »

"...we should examine these doors before opening them, as each one likely leads to somewhere different. Maybe they have clues to where they go on them."

Examine doors for any differences between them, any particular features about them that might suggest any places they'd lead to. If they're all identical, open the closest door to me, close it (unless it leads to the Doc's lab by some impossibility), then open it again to see if it leads to the same place each time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 05, 2016, 04:47:55 pm »

Gonna shoot you with the meta-cancer gun
Sounds interesting. Let's try it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 05, 2016, 05:32:28 pm »

"I wonder what would happen if you opened a door, shut it, then I opened the same door? I feel like the contents are based on the person opening the door, and what they expect, and/or want to be there."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35