Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61444 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #405 on: December 26, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

"Here goes nothing... I'm gonna try to use goop to trap him. If anyone wants to try something else like grabbing a box and running up to him to trap him, now's the time to speak."

Throw some goop in front of the headless Flint. Not enough to completely block the hallway, just enough to impede him or trap him if he keeps walking. See what happens.

"Let's hope this isn't a  manifestation of that whiskey ad I did once..."

If headless Flint freaks out and charges, put lots of liquid helium between him and our Flint.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »

Your skin is crawling.

((You feel your idiocies crawling on your back))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2015, 12:28:36 am »

"Well then! I don't suppose there's any point in knocking first."

Cheerfully kick the door down with my full robo-strength.
Then dive to one side and take cover.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2015, 03:39:59 am »

Dejectedly resume opening doors.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »

Did I finish putting the last stone on another? If not, do so, then toss to Vanessa my laser rifle and the nyartifact, otherwise do so anyway as long as giving "her" the sullen moon nyartifact would still be sensible and viable.

((Also, would it be IC for my char to start freaking out around now? Unsure of my own level of agency.))
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2015, 02:22:49 pm »

Your skin is crawling.

((You feel your idiocies crawling on your back))

I'll have you know, I did deadly skeleton who tells bad jokes before it was cool.

"Here goes nothing... I'm gonna try to use goop to trap him. If anyone wants to try something else like grabbing a box and running up to him to trap him, now's the time to speak."

Throw some goop in front of the headless Flint. Not enough to completely block the hallway, just enough to impede him or trap him if he keeps walking and walks into it. See what happens.

"Let's hope this isn't a  manifestation of that whiskey ad I did once..."
You throw some goop down as best you can. Headless Flint walks right through it. And by that I mean he literally forces his way straight through it without slowing down. Considering that stuff can stick a battle suit's legs to the ground, thats pretty unsettling.

"People? People! I'm detecting odd activity here... it feels like something's even more off than usual... is that blood on the walls? People?"
Vanessa's voice comes in sarcastically over the comms.

:Perhaps that has something to do with how you stuck an alien bone spike into an area that already made one teammate supernaturally murderous, while assembling an artefact from the person who sells the things R&D of all people found too odd to figure out.:

Try to avoid any anomalous stuff. Are the walls bleeding for me as well, or is it just Union Dumbass Guy?

Too late for that first one.

But yes, the walls here are bleeding. In fact, they appear to not only be bleeding, but to be turning into meat.

"Well then! I don't suppose there's any point in knocking first."

Cheerfully kick the door down with my full robo-strength.
Then dive to one side and take cover.

The kick works, knocking the door in with a spray of frost. Beyond the door is a large room, a freezer by the look of it. It is full of human bodies, hung up on meat hooks from the ceiling. Each body is labeled with a black marker number on the shoulder. It's remarkably clean and organized, which makes it a bit more frightening.

Dejectedly resume opening doors.
Did you want to follow flint out into the other hall or stay in this one?

Did I finish putting the last stone on another? If not, do so, then toss to Vanessa my laser rifle and the nyartifact, otherwise do so anyway as long as giving "her" the sullen moon nyartifact would still be sensible and viable.

((Also, would it be IC for my char to start freaking out around now? Unsure of my own level of agency.))

You put the last bit of the stone together. It snaps together with impressive force and then begins to change colors and size. By the time it's done, the thing has shrunk so that it can fit in your palm and has turned a dark black, with visible star fields within.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 29, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »

"...so, laser Mr. Dumbass over there now? Or wait a little bit longer to see what other fun things happen?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2015, 06:27:03 pm »

Going to rip him into shreds and make him feel his dismembered parts as I set them aflame Take one shot at him. Attempt to neutralize the artifact if possible. Afterwards I'm going to retreat until we hit relative normalcy.

Let brain guy take one laser rifle shot with the arms holding it. Then go into the nearest door (assuming there are any, if not just take the nearest path away from Union Dumbass Guy. Try to contact rest of the team over the comms and find out where they are. If I can, head toward them.

If any message does get through to the other team members:

:Fellow ARM members, this is Vanessa Anagrid. I'm experiencing severe reality distortions directly following another teammate sticking some form of bone bayonet into the same blurry area that caused the teammate who stuck his head into it to become supernaturally murderous. The walls are bleeding and turning into meat. If any of you could give me a comparison of my location in comparison to yours and how I could get to you, I'd appreciate it. I repeat, the walls are turning into meat. This is not a situation I want to be in.:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:27:49 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 29, 2015, 06:40:38 pm »

"I think this area is collapsing, for some reason! Evacuate while you can, men!"

Duncan dives into the corridor, the long one, and rolls away from the meat and into a random door, slamming it behind him. He lets people in if they cry for help, though doesn't let any scary fleshmonsters in. Especially not ones under big cloaks.

Also, take a look at the stone, and think very hard about my own protection at it. Try tasting it, if this does nothing.
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 29, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

"Other Flint is either invulnerable, or he's just in our heads. Maybe this is all a bad dream..."

Keep close to our Flint for warmth and comfort.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 29, 2015, 08:01:05 pm »

"That's a scary tone of voice you got there...almost like you were someone else there for a bit...anyways. One laser burst coming up."

Disable the artifact in Duncans hand with the laser rifle in the arms that Xan Vanessa is giving me control of. Or take off his hand, whichever is easier.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2015, 08:08:20 pm »

((I'm very tempted to pick up someone and just throw him at headless Flint to see what happens.
Also, I'd say "I told you so" at NJW if I hadn't done some equally silly stuff myself.
Speaking of silly stuff...))

One final attempt: Give him the chair. By which I mean, throw an invincible chair and a bad pun at him. Not too hard, don't want to hurt him, aim for the legs, just try to trip him. Maybe something created here will have a different effect.
"All that walking must be tiring your legs. Why don't you... take a seat!"

Speaking of legs, does he have human legs or robot legs like me?

If the chair throwing fails, then just follow him for a while longer, occasionally marking the corridor with spraypaint. See if he leads us to anywhere interesting.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:00:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2015, 09:18:26 pm »

"Erm," Jobasio actually sounds slightly rattled for a moment as he talks over the comms, as opposed to his usual batty cheerfulness, "I seem to have found a, um, well..." He pauses for a moment, stroking his gauss rifle for assurance and quickly regaining his composure.

"Let's just say the inhabitants of this facility seem to be pretty cool guys. That is to say I found them in a freezer. Strung up like meat. Which is what they are, as far as I can see... well, excepting the possibility that this place is some colony of murderous cannibals experienced in luring and catching human prey, anyhow."

Robo-asio hesitates at the room's threshold.
"Scanning for any anomalous behaviour, but so far they're just reasonably dead."

Inspect the room from the doorway with my cam-eye. Any life signs? Also do any of them look familiar?
Be ready to beat a hasty retreat if any of these frosty folks happen to start moving or anything silly like that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2015, 09:46:13 pm »

Meditate.

Drop into Limbo.

Die, looking extremely rad while doing so.

Separate cane into small lumps, swallow all.

Go a few doors down the infinite hallway, open a door a bit and peek in. Exercise caution, take note of how useful my new 'spatial-awareness' are.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:08:37 pm by Moopli »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2015, 05:13:06 am »

Search random doors near flint, safety in numbers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35