Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61353 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #390 on: December 23, 2015, 08:49:04 pm »

"I'm alright with them. More used to the good ol' kick of a gauss rifle, but the first thing I bought was a Spektr 'cause of the infinite ammo generator. I'm about even in skill with knives and guns though. Why?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2015, 09:10:46 pm »

Depending on how the imminent distortion in reality I suspect will soon happen due to Christopher's rampant experimentation occurs, I may need you to shoot something, as I am not talented in the usage of guns in the least. Hopefully it goes nondisastrously.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 23, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »

"Alright just let me know and give me some arms to use. I'll, uh, I'll just hang out here till I'm needed."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 23, 2015, 11:33:43 pm »

Thank you for being cooperative in all this.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2015, 02:02:09 am »

"Not a problem. I'd be dead anyways without you keeping me alive, so...yeah. Thanks."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2015, 04:41:33 am »

:I'll tell you a secret: if you die, the union likely dies with you. Unless you've subordinates who will carry it on after you, the organization will most likely not last longer than the founder.:

"I am sure Sir Jackson would make a strong, intrepid leader, if at times an uncautious one. I'd be grateful if you could tell him I wanted him to chair the union after me, if I die on this mission, and you do not, as that Steve guy says is pretty likely. As a favour."
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2015, 09:57:39 am »

"C'mon baby. Why are you being so distant? Was it something I said?"

Keep following the headless Flint.

Is he close enough to lasso with my rope?
What about bending a metal pole and tying it on a rope to make a hook I could use to make him "get over here!"?
What about shooting some goop in front of him without hitting him?
Or trapping him in a forcefield artifact container?

And when you say he's Flint without the suit, do you mean "Flint without the Battlesuit, but with the rest of his equipment" or "completely naked"?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 24, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »

Explore the hallway which Flint is in... Find a door. If I do find one, is it hot or cold to the touch? Anything odd about it? If not, open the thing up.
The one which flint entered?The one with Flint other? Or the normal one? Assuming Other.

You grab a door. It appears to be pretty cold. But it also appears to be locked, or at least stuck.

Jobasio catches up to Ian, a large yellow smile emoticon on his robo-face.
"Ah, a door! Excellent. Well spotted. Let us inspect this door closely."
Keeping his gauss rifle between him and the door ready to snap up and fire should it try anything, he begins to peer at it.

Study Ian's door with my cameye. Anything unusual?
Also ponder the viability of kicking it in. That would be cool, but I'm not very used to my robobody yet. Would it be strong enough to do so?
Shoot anything threatening that happens to appear unless it's a teammate, naturally. If it is a teammate just shoot 'em in the knee if they act weird. Weirder, anyway. Ugh, basically, if they walk towards me with what looks/sounds/smells like violent intent.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 25, 2015, 05:34:29 am »

Keep following the Flints behind the Battlesuit Flint.

"Can I kneecap him? Pretty Please?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #399 on: December 25, 2015, 09:37:41 am »

"Do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt the other. We don't know what it might do."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: December 26, 2015, 03:19:23 pm »

Head back to the control room and acquire more indestructible backrests.
get enough to coat my shield and have one spare.

Attach them to the front of my shield as best as possible then resume searching rooms.

You head back in that direction....

You walk for 20 minutes and eventually end up back where you started without finding the initial control room or the other group of people. You just find the old set of idiots.

Oh great, this old chestnut.

"YOU FUCKING ALIENS ARE REALLY FUCKING UNIMAGINATIVE!"

Make a hasty getaway to a safe distance. I'm not sure what that is considering this stuff, so just run over to wherever Flint is right now, or as far as I can make in a turn.

Also receive the laser rifle.

You run off down the hall, but after 5 or 10 minutes of running, you reach a dead end in the hall and find no flint.

"Hey Vanessa? Where did some of these organs come from? One of the kidneys was saying something about the mob and one of the livers had a really alcoholic former owner. You ah, you happen to ''borrow'' these from other people? Not that I really care, seeing as how I'm alive still, thanks to you."

Whee! Go along for the ride with Xan Vanessa. Not much else I can do anyways.
The Organs say they don't talk about the dark times.

Chuck Vanessa my laser rifle, gently. Sniff deeply, then do the rest of the pieces at once.

"Did somebody fart over the transmitter here? Someone with a robo-body, perhaps?"

Glare at Jobasio accusatorily/
"Whats that smell?"

Your skin is crawling.

The walls start to bleed.

"C'mon baby. Why are you being so distant? Was it something I said?"

Keep following the headless Flint.

Is he close enough to lasso with my rope?
What about bending a metal pole and tying it on a rope to make a hook I could use to make him "get over here!"?
What about shooting some goop in front of him without hitting him?
Or trapping him in a forcefield artifact container?

And when you say he's Flint without the suit, do you mean "Flint without the Battlesuit, but with the rest of his equipment" or "completely naked"?

You could give it a try. He's about 25 feet away. Any of those, minus the pole, are technically possible.

He gives you a hard, metallic stare.

Explore the hallway which Flint is in... Find a door. If I do find one, is it hot or cold to the touch? Anything odd about it? If not, open the thing up.
The one which flint entered?The one with Flint other? Or the normal one? Assuming Other.

You grab a door. It appears to be pretty cold. But it also appears to be locked, or at least stuck.

Jobasio catches up to Ian, a large yellow smile emoticon on his robo-face.
"Ah, a door! Excellent. Well spotted. Let us inspect this door closely."
Keeping his gauss rifle between him and the door ready to snap up and fire should it try anything, he begins to peer at it.

Study Ian's door with my cameye. Anything unusual?
Also ponder the viability of kicking it in. That would be cool, but I'm not very used to my robobody yet. Would it be strong enough to do so?
Shoot anything threatening that happens to appear unless it's a teammate, naturally. If it is a teammate just shoot 'em in the knee if they act weird. Weirder, anyway. Ugh, basically, if they walk towards me with what looks/sounds/smells like violent intent.

Well, it's oddly cold on the thermal, but thats it.
Depends on how stuck it is, you suppose. It's definitely, probably an option.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 26, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

"People? People! I'm detecting odd activity here... it feels like something's even more off than usual... is that blood on the walls? People?"
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 26, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

"I don't think Prince Charming here is fond of being shot..."
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »

"Here goes nothing... I'm gonna try to use goop to trap him. If anyone wants to try something else like grabbing a box and running up to him to trap him, now's the time to speak."

Throw some goop in front of the headless Flint. Not enough to completely block the hallway, just enough to impede him or trap him if he keeps walking and walks into it. See what happens.

"Let's hope this isn't a  manifestation of that whiskey ad I did once..."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:25:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 26, 2015, 04:50:36 pm »

"People? People! I'm detecting odd activity here... it feels like something's even more off than usual... is that blood on the walls? People?"
Vanessa's voice comes in sarcastically over the comms.

:Perhaps that has something to do with how you stuck an alien bone spike into an area that already made one teammate supernaturally murderous, while assembling an artefact from the person who sells the things R&D of all people found too odd to figure out.:

Try to avoid any anomalous stuff. Are the walls bleeding for me as well, or is it just Union Dumbass Guy?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35