Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61403 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #375 on: December 19, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

That's not good, with the whole not remembering thing. Sympathize with the liver. Then gracefully exit out of the conversation. Ask the other organs what they think of Xan Vanessa. Or if they have any good stories.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 19, 2015, 08:18:07 pm »

Provisionary action: at the slightest hint of anything fuckery with Christopher sticking the bone spike into the fuzzy thing or the artefact, mangle him into a (still alive) paste with my medical skills and excellent bedside manner.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »

Explore the hallway which Flint is in... Find a door. If I do find one, is it hot or cold to the touch? Anything odd about it? If not, open the thing up.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 21, 2015, 07:27:45 am »

Stay behind Flint

If we encounter the stumphead demon man, liquid helium it.

((I'm still on holiday in Kyoto.))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #379 on: December 21, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

((Action edited in response to aigre))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:20 pm »

((yay for exam crunch time °¿°))

Retroactively have been programming up a simple room-portal mapping mode for our mapping program. Only thing that seems like it'll work here.

Spoiler: Spec: (click to show/hide)

((I'm sorry piecewise, I'm a programmer. This is honestly just formalizing the basics of not getting lost in mindfuckistan, though, so maybe it's easier to have exploration rules decided upon up-front))

"If this doesn't work I am out of ideas.."

Send the program to Vanessa

"Vanessa, if you would be so kind could you keep a copy of this thing so if I die at least I'll have left something useful behind?"

Test mapping tool by putting together a map of a few rooms -- excluding the giant room and infinite hallway, which I will peek at after.
Explore giant room a little, don't get too lost. Return to safety and go open a door in the infinite hallway using my pimp cane so I can pretend I am at a safe distance.

You can try this, no guarantees it will work.

Try the third cystal, then! And if nothing interesting happens after that, check up on how the haebi bone spike on the end of my weapon is doing, then, with no further results, stick it in the fuzzy space in the elevator.
As in connect the third crystal to the fused other two?

You're gonna stick the haebi bone spike into the elevator distortion?

Really?
Yes.

Yes, if nothing interesting happens with the crystals.

Yes, why not? It's the ideal guinea pig: not me, conscious.

the third crystal connects just like the other ones did. Assuming you grabbed the right one. There are two more pieces until the thing is fully reassembled.

You stick the haebi spike in. It gets sucked in and vanishes. Huh.  Why does the air in your helmet smell like metal?

Make a mental note of this rooms location for disposal of troublemakers, then close the door forsafeties sake.

check indestructible chair for screws and se if I can unbolt the backrest.

check more rooms.

You carefully take note of the door and mark the wall outside it, just in case. You then close the door to prevent any sort of hilarious trip and fall accidents.
You can indeed disassemble the chair, though it takes a hell of a lot of force.

You open another door. Inside is a small cubicle of a room. It appears visibly desaturated and somehow makes you feel like your skin, eyes, nose and throat are all burning slightly. You decide not to stick your face into it.

"Hey there, handsome." Flint said, pointing with both hands at the new arrival. "Looking good."
Oh, wait, no ears. That means he probably can't hear me.
Then again, aliens and headless clones, so who knows?

"So, you come here often?"

Did I see anything interesting through the door FlintOther opened?
Is the otherhallway a clone of this one? With elevator, melting walls and everything? What about the paint?
Put some spray paint and a pole through the doorway and inspect it for anything strange, like blurriness. Then try the same with my hand.
If nothing weird is found with the door, ask someone to hold the door for me and use a pole to block it for good measure. Then walk towards FlintOther and try to talk to him and see if I can tell where he is going.

"This better not be those damn aliens doing some of that symbolic crap to do a smug critique of my character or skills or something. Everybody is an art critic these days. Even the damn aliens."

Edit:
Stay behind Flint

If I see him trying to attack that handsome headless stranger, stop him, with words and actions. Get between the two if I have to. We have no idea what's going on here. For all we know the two of us are linked. Even if we aren't, it would be a crime to deprive the world of a second me.

He closed the door before you got a good look, and his body obstructed most of the entrance anyways.

It looks similar; though you can't see the elevator from either position, your hall or his.

You seem to be able to stick various things into the hall without causing problems to yourself, others or reality.

You get the door propped open and have one of your companions jam his foot in there, just for good measure. That done, you squeeze through the door and start crawling after flintother. You can't seem to catch up with him, he always seems to stay equidistant to you, regardless of your speed.

That's not good, with the whole not remembering thing. Sympathize with the liver. Then gracefully exit out of the conversation. Ask the other organs what they think of Xan Vanessa. Or if they have any good stories.
They say that...it is a good enough host, better than expiring on the cold metal floor. Probably. A kidney tells you about his experiences with the mob and a bathtub of ice.

Provisionary action: at the slightest hint of anything fuckery with Christopher sticking the bone spike into the fuzzy thing or the artefact, mangle him into a (still alive) paste with my medical skills and excellent bedside manner.
Well, he seems ok...but he did just feed a chunk of alien space demon into a distorted reality hellmouth.

That might be problematic in the future.

Explore the hallway which Flint is in... Find a door. If I do find one, is it hot or cold to the touch? Anything odd about it? If not, open the thing up.
The one which flint entered?The one with Flint other? Or the normal one? Assuming Other.

You grab a door. It appears to be pretty cold. But it also appears to be locked, or at least stuck.

Stay behind Flint

Flint cracks his knuckles at you. Quite impressive considering he's in a robot. 

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2015, 03:32:51 pm »

Head back to the control room and acquire more indestructible backrests.
get enough to coat my shield and have one spare.

Attach them to the front of my shield as best as possible then resume searching rooms.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:35:12 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:41 pm »

Make a hasty getaway to a safe distance. I'm not sure what that is considering this stuff, so just run over to wherever Flint is right now, or as far as I can make in a turn.

Also receive the laser rifle.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:01:21 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2015, 04:48:39 pm »

"Hey Vanessa? Where did some of these organs come from? One of the kidneys was saying something about the mob and one of the livers had a really alcoholic former owner. You ah, you happen to ''borrow'' these from other people? Not that I really care, seeing as how I'm alive still, thanks to you."

Whee! Go along for the ride with Xan Vanessa. Not much else I can do anyways.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »

Chuck Vanessa my laser rifle, gently. Sniff deeply, then do the rest of the pieces at once.

"Did somebody fart over the transmitter here? Someone with a robo-body, perhaps?"

Glare at Jobasio accusatorily/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:26:38 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2015, 08:34:52 pm »

*nudges flint*

"What do we do now?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »

...while I do harvest organs from other people, I question your lucidity. Why would organs be able to talk or think?

:I would recommend you don't do anything else involving experimenting with artefacts or anomalies, Christopher, you may be in deep enough shit as it is.:
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 23, 2015, 12:18:25 am »

"Haven't the slightest fucking clue honestly. Maybe you should try talking to them. Or I am going mad, I dunno. The last 12 hours or so are really hazy for me and it might be fucking with me. Or, what's left of me. Hell, I'm half convinced this is all a big, shared hallucination by all of us."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 23, 2015, 04:25:59 am »

"Don't worry, I'll just finish investigating this, gotta find out for the good of the union. But here's my laser rifle, if you're really afraid of anything. I'll trust you to keep it, as a CSU member."

Christopher gently tosses his laser rifle to Vanessa (action edited).
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 23, 2015, 08:04:09 pm »

:I'll tell you a secret: if you die, the union likely dies with you. Unless you've subordinates who will carry it on after you, the organization will most likely not last longer than the founder.:

I am unfortunately certain reality's not going to be helping our certainty with how it's being warped. Are you any good with guns?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35