Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61355 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #360 on: December 17, 2015, 09:34:05 pm »

Then search rooms at random until something interesting is found or piecewise gets bored describing rooms.

Follow Flint. Be helpful and stuff.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:15:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 17, 2015, 11:54:20 pm »

Sit and think about what I've done. Do I remember anything from after sticking my head into the blurry area to waking up in Xans Vanessa's care? Oh, and see if I can talk to any of his her organs.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 18, 2015, 12:19:40 am »

Are you sure we didnt find anything?

remember I used the control panel to open all the observation rooms.

assist flint in randomly searching rooms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2015, 12:47:16 am »

Be ready to perform aggressively anti-hippocratic medicine on the guy sticking his gun into the blurry bit if need be.

Basically go into wary watch modo.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2015, 07:07:43 am »

Then search rooms at random until something interesting is found or piecewise gets bored describing rooms.

Do the Flint following. Tacticooly. But with just the right amount of itchy trigger fingers in case of fun occurring.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2015, 07:15:12 am »

Do the Flint following. Tacticooly. But with just the right amount of itchy trigger fingers in case of fun occurring.
Give this person a (possibly non-consensual) piggyback ride and go charging down the hall after Flint, running up the walls with my enhanced mobility robo-feet and emitting loud neighs, shrieks and aeroplane noises from my voice-holes. That should be enough to frighten and disorient any hostiles we encounter.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:33 am »

Do the Flint following
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2015, 01:39:29 pm »

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

Try and separate Sullen Moon Nyartifact pieces.

You realize you have a laser rifle not a gauss rifle? Just thought I should let you know.
((Thanks. Not that a peashooter will be particularly relevant, but I'd forgotten the Haebi bone spike.))

Try the third cystal, then! And if nothing interesting happens after that, check up on how the haebi bone spike on the end of my weapon is doing, then, with no further results, stick it in the fuzzy space in the elevator.

"I'll just collect some data, for the boys at the lab, I reckon the heavy wepons people might be more use than me exploring."
As in connect the third crystal to the fused other two?

You're gonna stick the haebi bone spike into the elevator distortion?

Really?

Ok.
Spraypaint the hallway and doors around me to mark them.

You shrug and open a door to your left. It opens onto  another hallway.  Directly across from you, on the other side of the hallway, is another door. This door is being held open by another man. This man looks an awful lot like you- you outside of your suit, that is- save for the fact that he has a sunken, black stump where his head should be. 

He steps into the hall, closes the door behind him and starts walking off to the left, away from you. He doesn't acknowledge your presence in any way.

Sit and think about what I've done. Do I remember anything from after sticking my head into the blurry area to waking up in Xans Vanessa's care? Oh, and see if I can talk to any of his her organs.
Not a thing. You don't even remember sticking your head in. It's all kind of blurry for the last 12 hours or so.

Most of the organs are rather quiet, but one of the livers is more than happy to tell you about his alcoholic former owner. In excruciating detail.

Are you sure we didnt find anything?

remember I used the control panel to open all the observation rooms.

assist flint in randomly searching rooms.

I'm sure.  Guess these rooms aren't those rooms.

You try a different door. Behind it is nothing. Literally nothing. It's a black void with absolutely no matter anywhere visible inside it. You toss a bolt in and it spirals off into the dark and you never hear it hit anything.

You follow flint with copious amounts of tactical rolling and charlie's angel's poses.

Do the Flint following
You follow in a much less interesting, but much more dignified manner.

Give this person a (possibly non-consensual) piggyback ride and go charging down the hall after Flint, running up the walls with my enhanced mobility robo-feet and emitting loud neighs, shrieks and aeroplane noises from my voice-holes. That should be enough to frighten and disorient any hostiles we encounter.
Well flint doesn't move a whole lot, so you basically tackle the man and then run circles along the walls, ceiling and floor like an excitable hamster in a wheel.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »

((yay for exam crunch time °¿°))

Retroactively have been programming up a simple room-portal mapping mode for our mapping program. Only thing that seems like it'll work here.

Spoiler: Spec: (click to show/hide)

((I'm sorry piecewise, I'm a programmer. This is honestly just formalizing the basics of not getting lost in mindfuckistan, though, so maybe it's easier to have exploration rules decided upon up-front))

"If this doesn't work I am out of ideas.."

Send the program to Vanessa

"Vanessa, if you would be so kind could you keep a copy of this thing so if I die at least I'll have left something useful behind?"

Test mapping tool by putting together a map of a few rooms -- excluding the giant room and infinite hallway, which I will peek at after.
Explore giant room a little, don't get too lost. Return to safety and go open a door in the infinite hallway using my pimp cane so I can pretend I am at a safe distance.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2015, 05:54:25 pm »

Try the third cystal, then! And if nothing interesting happens after that, check up on how the haebi bone spike on the end of my weapon is doing, then, with no further results, stick it in the fuzzy space in the elevator.
As in connect the third crystal to the fused other two?

You're gonna stick the haebi bone spike into the elevator distortion?

Really?
Yes.

Yes, if nothing interesting happens with the crystals.

Yes, why not? It's the ideal guinea pig: not me, conscious.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:55:03 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »

Vanessa looms ominously close to [NJW2000].

"Why are you doing that?"
Sig! Onol

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2015, 07:01:05 pm »

"Doing what? Messing with these crystals? To see what they do, of course."

Christopher looks up, confused.

"This is the nyartifact the union bought, didn't you have a share? Do you want to help experiment with it?
One wheel short of a wagon

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2015, 07:23:21 pm »

Make a mental note of this rooms location for disposal of troublemakers, then close the door forsafeties sake.

check indestructible chair for screws and se if I can unbolt the backrest.

check more rooms.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »

"Have you somehow missed the extremely unstable state reality appears to be in in this place? I would not recommend experimenting with an artifact you aquired from Nyars while on this mission, nor doing anything with that fuzzy area of space."
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2015, 07:39:05 pm »

"Hey there, handsome." Flint said, pointing with both hands at the new arrival. "Looking good."
Oh, wait, no ears. That means he probably can't hear me.
Then again, aliens and headless clones, so who knows?

"So, you come here often?"

Did I see anything interesting through the door FlintOther opened?
Is the otherhallway a clone of this one? With elevator, melting walls and everything? What about the paint?
Put some spray paint and a pole through the doorway and inspect it for anything strange, like blurriness. Then try the same with my hand.
If nothing weird is found with the door, ask someone to hold the door for me and use a pole to block it for good measure. Then walk towards FlintOther and try to talk to him and see if I can tell where he is going.

"This better not be those damn aliens doing some of that symbolic crap to do a smug critique of my character or skills or something. Everybody is an art critic these days. Even the damn aliens."

Edit:
Stay behind Flint

If we encounter the stumphead demon man, liquid helium it.

((I'm still on holiday in Kyoto.))
If I see him trying to attack that handsome headless stranger, stop him, with words and actions. Get between the two if I have to. We have no idea what's going on here. For all we know the two of us are linked. Even if we aren't, it would be a crime to deprive the world of a second me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:38:20 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35