Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61332 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »

"...huh. That was really stupid wasn't it? I figured after the pole was put in and wasn't destroyed, and then my hand, which only felt tingly, I wanted to see if it looked different on the inside. Hey, that reminds me, I remember a tingly feeling when I stuck my head in there. Before I woke up here. Do...hmm. Did you happen to pick up the rest of my body? I'm still somewhat attached to it. Don't know if I want to go full robot. Yet.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 14, 2015, 04:30:20 pm »

That was a stupid decision on your part. And yes, I did pick up the rest of your body, but it is disassembled and among the many other body parts I have stored within me. If we survive I may give them back to you. Perhaps.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2015, 04:47:15 pm »

Follow behind Flint if he takes a jog down the hallway. Nonchalantly fling open any doors we might pass by. Roll to dodge and fire away if anything bad happens.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:54:17 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2015, 08:06:06 pm »

"That...seems fair. Go teamkilling, lose the right to your limbs. And body. Huh. Could you give me a view of what's going on? And, if need be, I'm halfway decent with a gun. Something needs shooting, give me control of two arms and I can plink away at it. Or cutting. I'm also alright with a knife."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2015, 09:44:42 pm »

Allow flint to push me down the hallway in the hopes of seeing something interesting.

If I see something, stop and investigate.
if it seems dangerous, flee back the way i came.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:39:11 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2015, 12:10:11 am »

Teamkilling is okay if it has a productive purpose behind it. If someone begins to rant about space bees and waves a high-powered rifle about everywhere threatening to shoot, then killing them would be fine. It's all about utility, you see. And I may need your body parts to do something else, which is why you might not get them back.

And currently I'm not certain enough that the anomalous influence has been purged from you to trust you with control over even the slightest part of my body. However, rest assured you've likely the safest seat in the house, as it were. Unlike some of these idiots I don't intend to die. Too much to do.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2015, 12:29:34 am »

"Ok then. Fair enough. Guess I'm along for the ride then. Mind at least giving me a view of what's going on? Oh, and do you care if I talk to some of your other organs? ...or my own, if possible."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2015, 12:51:00 am »

Organs can't talk, idiot. And recall the elevator we were all stuck in at the beginning? I'm staying in there because there's an infinite hallway outside of it and what appear to be areas that overlap reality. I'm not touching any of that.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »

"...oh. Right. I knew that. Um, alright. I guess I'll just sit here and think about what I've done."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2015, 01:23:47 pm »

Good choice, people don't do enough of that around here.
Sig! Onol

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »

((I had to stop playing for a bit due to the excess of things to do with applying to college and all... Could I just slip back in here?))

If so: Take a nonchalant stroll down the hallway, keeping an eye on my suit sensors for anything unsettling.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #356 on: December 17, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

"Man, this elevator totally sucks. Literally. Wonder what else I can get it to suck..."

1. Chair clones are still invincible, right?
2. Check if chair clones (that are created here) and artifact containers (brought here) are affected by the same suckiness in the corner.
3. If yes, see how strongly that thing is pulling them. Is it strong enough to cause the chairs to crumble from the force? Or does it suck them outright so it doesn't matter?
4. If it does not cause things to crumble, see if I can use a chair or my pole and a camera to peek at... wherever this thing is sucking things to. Don't actually look at the camera feed though.

If nothing unexpected happens, go have my hallway adventure. I'll be running, pushing Unholy's chair down the infinite hallway until we see something interesting or if a couple of minutes pass with nothing happening.

"Can someone check if the normal-looking hallway is also invincible? And maybe start exploring what's behind those doors?"
Yes
You can't wedge the chair in close enough to the corner for it to happen, but the artifact container gets torn in half.

I dunno if that counts as unexpected.

We'll say you and Unholy go off on your chair adventures. You run for several minutes but don't find anything in the hallway itself. You don't open any of the doors.

Xan passively watches everyone. Last time he'd been in a situation like this he'd died, after all. No slip ups for him.

Oh, what was this? The brain was awakening.

Are you still being influenced by any anomalous effects?

Stay where I am and stay away from anomalous shit.
Wise, if perhaps impossible.

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

Try and separate Sullen Moon Nyartifact pieces.

It seems just as resistant as everything else here.

You only connected two pieces so far right? Well, you can't pull them apart, regardless.

Follow behind Flint if he takes a jog down the hallway. Nonchalantly fling open any doors we might pass by. Roll to dodge and fire away if anything bad happens.
We'll say you follow behind, wasting ammo and doing no damage.

((I had to stop playing for a bit due to the excess of things to do with applying to college and all... Could I just slip back in here?))

If so: Take a nonchalant stroll down the hallway, keeping an eye on my suit sensors for anything unsettling.
I guess we'll say you went with Flint and the rest.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2015, 05:56:41 pm »

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

You realize you have a laser rifle not a gauss rifle? Just thought I should let you know.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 17, 2015, 06:19:04 pm »

You realize you have a laser rifle not a gauss rifle? Just thought I should let you know.
((Thanks. Not that a peashooter will be particularly relevant, but I'd forgotten the Haebi bone spike.))

Try the third cystal, then! And if nothing interesting happens after that, check up on how the haebi bone spike on the end of my weapon is doing, then, with no further results, stick it in the fuzzy space in the elevator.

"I'll just collect some data, for the boys at the lab, I reckon the heavy wepons people might be more use than me exploring."
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #359 on: December 17, 2015, 06:37:35 pm »

Spraypaint the hallway and doors around me to mark them.
Then search rooms at random until something interesting is found or piecewise gets bored describing rooms.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35