Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61368 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2015, 03:36:03 pm »

((THE XANTALOS DICE HAVE COME BACK TO HAUNT ME I SEE))

Avoid the inevitable friendly fire by ducking as far down into a corner as I can and covering whatever vital parts I have until the shooting stops. Then fix injured people. Apart from possessed guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2015, 07:50:45 pm »

Get out there to where the action is. Take cover by the door to the control room.

Yell at team to get clear. Liquid helium the crap out of the possessed guy if I can get a clear shot.

If possessed guy charges us, shoot him then run like crazy and snuggle Flint's metal butt for safety.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:08:58 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2015, 10:55:24 pm »

Check the security feeds for any signs of life, danger, loot, or curiosities.

Then go throw a shuriken or two at the knife weilding possessed guy.

once the situation is resolved or if I run out of shurikens, search the computers for any log files that might give me insight into what this facility contains or its purpose for being here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:58:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2015, 09:29:56 am »

"Look, Whig! A clue!"

Bend over to pick up some hitherto unnoticed object from the floor, thus avoiding all projectiles in a comical fashion before standing back up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2015, 10:54:46 am »

((Have fun dodging a stream of L-He... and assorted crap. Just get out of the way will you?))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2015, 10:57:53 am »

((Have fun dodging a stream of L-He... and assorted crap. Just get out of the way will you?))
((Shh, if we stay quiet he might need his spine replaced again.))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:23 pm »

"Hmm..."
Examine cane for a moment, studying its lustrous surface. Face the crazy dagger man and make the cane extend a few sharp protrusions towards him/it. If that works, make the cane fling a few needles of its material towards and into the guy. Try the same with a few razor blades made of a bit more cane material. Once a few bits of cane are lodged in him, try and influence them, make them shoot down. If I ever accidentally get his attention, launch more cane material at him and try to use it to keep him from getting close to me. Maybe shove at his ankles to trip him.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2015, 12:04:24 am »

((It's probably a good thing the entity controlling Anthony hasn't went for the Spektr yet.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »

I have self-dismemberment fantasies.

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »

((Except tryrar is a robot wearing exoskeleton. Doesn't even have helmet to gash.))
In that case he carves off a good chunk of his head.

Examine some consoles inside the room that I opened the door to.
EGAN YOU AREN'T HERE

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

I don't want any of this action.

Put some distance between me and everyone else: walk away from people, not too fast, but quite swift, in a calm manner.
Well...hmmm where exactly is away from everyone?  I guess all you can do is back up into a corner.

((THE XANTALOS DICE HAVE COME BACK TO HAUNT ME I SEE))

Avoid the inevitable friendly fire by ducking as far down into a corner as I can and covering whatever vital parts I have until the shooting stops. Then fix injured people. Apart from possessed guy.
You squash down as close to the ground as possible.

Check the security feeds for any signs of life, danger, loot, or curiosities.

Then go throw a shuriken or two at the knife weilding possessed guy.

once the situation is resolved or if I run out of shurikens, search the computers for any log files that might give me insight into what this facility contains or its purpose for being here.

You look through the feeds but can find nothing alive. Hell, you can't even find a feed that shows anything moving. Worse yet, the more you cycle through these, the more you get the feeling that the cameras are actually looking at different areas each time. Not majorly different, but you keep seeing things that seem...off. Like you're seeing it from another angle or that the hall is a bit too long this time.

The camera feeds are basically all of empty halls and empty rooms, some completely empty, others which appear to have been either cells or small sleeping quarters. The actual feeds might be useless, but they're collected in to labeled banks, which give a better hint. They're labeled things like  "Surgery","Quarantine","Observation" and the like.

"Look, Whig! A clue!"

Bend over to pick up some hitherto unnoticed object from the floor, thus avoiding all projectiles in a comical fashion before standing back up.
"Jinkies! Look! A corner to hide in! Lets investigate!"

You hurl yourself face first onto the ground.

Ok so...I think there are some misconceptions here:

Only those on the elevator side can even see ren. And I'm...not entirely sure where everyone is. So I'm just gonna do the actions of those I know are on the right side. And he's not IN the wall, the wall got made up in front of him, to prevent him from walking any further.

One man lost his spine, the other has a broken heart, the third is disobeying all orders... Morale is going downhill fast.
Oh, I know! The best way to mend a broken heart is a woman's touch. Vanessa should be able to take care of that.
As for the lack of spine and disobedience, all I have to do is remember that film where I played the commissar. If I'm lucky, I won't end up getting killed by my own troops.

"You there!" Flint yelled, pointing at Yancy, doing his best to sound serious and scary. "The state of your uniform is a disgrace! Get that fixed, soldier!"
"And you! Trying to weasel your way out of doing your part for the mission, you coward?" he continued, this time pointing at Leonardo's corpse. "Quit slacking off! You die when I give you permission to die! Not sooner!"
"Vanessa, this is no time for naps! Get up this moment soldier! I trust you are capable enough to at least take care of the sorry state of those two while I handle more serious matters. And be sure to keep an eye on them. They might continue their insubordinate behaviour."
"As for you, Mr. Stabby-" he finally said, pointing at Anthony with his industrial mining laser "Your treasonous acts will not be tolerated in my army! You might be strong, but strength is no match for expertly wielded high energy weapons and several tons of angry metal! Stand down or I will make you stand down!"

Since he has increased strength, trying to trap him would not work. In fact, if I used a forcefield, it might cause more harm than good if it explodes.

Furthermore, his diminished intelligence and inability to navigate properly means there is no point in observing him to try and see what he does or trying to reason with him. We know the general direction he was headed towards and that's enough.

If I had magic I might had been able to do something, but I don't. So my best course of action is what the AM taught me: Decapitate the danger. Preserve the corpse. Protect your teammates. Sort it out later.

But just in case...

Kneel down (if that's a thing that helps with battlesuits and lasers) and wait for an opening as he breaks through to my side of the wall. We don't want friendly fire here and since Mr. Stabby is working on the goop wall, that should give me some time to take careful aim. Then, when I'm ready, off with his head! And his other limbs if he remains standing.

Edit: If the others attack first and it turns out he is invincible or something similar, then goop him good and yell at people to get to work getting us out of here. Edit2: If his suit is not invincible, then try to damage his helmet with my laser before gooping him. He might be invincible, but if I goop his mouth and nose he might choke to death.

Not that it matters, Paris just decapitated him.  And against all odds, he just dies like normal. Whew.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 25, 2015, 03:52:51 pm »

Aight, now go fix stabbed people.

Also go collect possessed guy's body parts after confirming he's actually (temp)dead. If his parts/brain starts exhibiting any anomalous behaviour, eject them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:12:06 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 25, 2015, 03:57:09 pm »

Examine some consoles inside the room that I opened the door to.
EGAN YOU AREN'T HERE

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
But, pray tell, how can I have opened the door if I wasn't there?
And I did open the door. After all, the GM is always right!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 25, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »

Stop bilocating, try and smash down the foam wall some moron put up for a joke with the butt of my rifle, after putting the safety catch on, obviously, if any remains.

Otherwise, observe the computer stuff, and open random files and scan them if I get a turn at the console.

"Really people, this is a serious mission here, stop messing around with foam!"
One wheel short of a wagon

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 25, 2015, 04:06:15 pm »

"Are we sure he's dead?"
float some of the cane material over to the just-killed dude and carefully nudge his foot.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:03:00 pm by Moopli »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »

:Okay, team announcement for anyone that doesn't understand basic anomaly protocol - see the decapitated individual? He stuck his head into an anomalous area, specifically the blurry area over there in the corner of the area.:

Vanessa points to the area in question.

:Do not stick any parts of you into an anomalous zone, otherwise you will likely die. Thank you for listening to the obvious.:
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35