Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61380 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »

Prevent aigre from accidentally initiating facility self destruct.

power up the computer and find out what this control room was controlling.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:37:05 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »

Be traumatised by my re-spining experience.
Try to avoid that Anthony guy. Murmur soothing words to my rifle whilst continuing to explore- if there's a door still open and nobody is currently attempting to open it, open it myself and prepare to shoot/stab anything nasty inside. If there are no available doors, provide backup for someone already exploring one of the doorways.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2015, 07:50:26 am »

"Hm. No reply. So rude." Flint grumpily said at the door.
He turned around when he heard more yelling behind him.
"Ah! But I was mistaken! Looks like we have our host over here!" he yelled towards the now possessed teammate.
"Hehe. Get it? Because he's both a host for an alien and said alien is our host to this place."

"So kind of you to join us alien ambassador. Would you kindly take a second to stop and explain what the hell is going on here?
And please don't try to make your knife disappear inside my teammates again. Or use any space magic. Or I might be tempted to redecorate the hallway with your guts."

Sure, Vanessa is able to heal them if they're only mostly dead. But their psyche can only take so much. They seem to really not enjoy the experience for some reason.
Ask the possessed teammate to stop and explain himself. Get a large forcefield container ready, switch Rainbow Cannon to Energy Mine mode. But just watch him to see what he says and does for now. See if there's anything strange about him, normal vision or camEyes. Poke him with a stick metal pole if he seems to be doing nothing.

If he tries to reach the door or the control panel, goop the path in front of him so that he'll become trapped if he keeps walking, once more ordering him to stop. If goop doesn't work, shoot a few energy mines in front of him to block his path and warn him about them and what they can do.

If he tries something funny/magical, try to trap him in a forcefield container and then move away from the container in case it explodes. Unless I'm too far away to reach him, in which case just laser his head and limbs off and turn him into a broken doll.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:57:25 am by Parisbre56 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2015, 07:56:49 am »

Watch that Antony fellow. If he tries to shank someone else, quickly and efficiently render him unconscious with repeated blows to the back of the head.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2015, 12:03:02 pm »

Sit and spin on the desk chair, and tap at the computer if nobody else does, trying to turn it on and open files and stuff.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2015, 11:55:50 am »

"Oh for-

MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INTERRUPT ON ASSFACE TEAMMATE STABBER

Take away his limbs.

"Other person who was stabbed, try to not die for around a minute, I'll get to you."
[1-1] Well.
You charge forward with the intent of using your medical knowledge in a...well in a way that would make Hippocrates very unhappy. However, your horrible damn dexterity results in you tripping over your own...arms... and falling flat on what you call a face.

Watch that Antony fellow. If he tries to shank someone else, quickly and efficiently render him unconscious with repeated blows to the back of the head.
You expertly slide up behind him and then give him a karate chop to the back of the head. [1+1]

Oh thats right, metal helmet.

He spins on his heel and takes a stab at you. [2+1 v 6] You dodge backwards as the knife punches through your helmet. You manage to avoid any injuries, but he's cut a great big gash in the side of your helmet and you're now losing atmosphere fast.

"Hm. No reply. So rude." Flint grumpily said at the door.
He turned around when he heard more yelling behind him.
"Ah! But I was mistaken! Looks like we have our host over here!" he yelled towards the now possessed teammate.
"Hehe. Get it? Because he's both a host for an alien and said alien is our host to this place."

"So kind of you to join us alien ambassador. Would you kindly take a second to stop and explain what the hell is going on here?
And please don't try to make your knife disappear inside my teammates again. Or use any space magic. Or I might be tempted to redecorate the hallway with your guts."

Sure, Vanessa is able to heal them if they're only mostly dead. But their psyche can only take so much. They seem to really not enjoy the experience for some reason.
Ask the possessed teammate to stop and explain himself. Get a large forcefield container ready, switch Rainbow Cannon to Energy Mine mode. But just watch him to see what he says and does for now. See if there's anything strange about him, normal vision or camEyes. Poke him with a stick metal pole if he seems to be doing nothing.

If he tries to reach the door or the control panel, goop the path in front of him so that he'll become trapped if he keeps walking, once more ordering him to stop. If goop doesn't work, shoot a few energy mines in front of him to block his path and warn him about them and what they can do.

If he tries something funny/magical, try to trap him in a forcefield container and then move away from the container in case it explodes. Unless I'm too far away to reach him, in which case just laser his head and limbs off and turn him into a broken doll.
Yeah, he isn't gonna do that. As per his actions, he's moving very robotically and doesn't seem to see anything around him. After hacking away at one of your teammates he's just turned and walked down the hall, sort of half grinding against the wall. Seems his pathing systems aren't great.

You gloop the hallway ahead of him so he can't get far beyond the elevator. He bumps into it and immediately starts hacking away with his knife. Each strike carves a two foot thick gash. Thats not normal.

Start softly humming a spooky melody. Walk warily a few meters into the hallway, carefully waving my cane near walls and stuff. Softly prod some stuff with cane.

((dammit did I just get ninja'd by a turn))

"We've been told nothing new. Radio silence. The mission was broad enough that we could still consider it active, but someone else oughta weigh in on that..."
You'd love to but Flint just sealed the hall and there's a rather frightening thing down at the end of it.

the room that egan killed that nun in opened.
:D
Have been the one to have opened that door. Resume intragalactic tourism.
Stop it, you bilocating fool.

((Heh. Oops.))

...um...so...roll to resist? Or maybe at least poke around my own mind, see if I can speak/communicate with what ever is piloting me? Try to not die from getting de-limbed.
Nice try, but no dice.

Literally. I'm not rolling any dice for this.

Check out the control panel and monitors.

Push random butans if it isn't on. If it is, push random buttons anyway and try to interrogate the system for information on what's going on.

Let Auron have his way with the controls but mash some random buttons first just for the sake of it.

Sit and spin on the desk chair, and tap at the computer if nobody else does, trying to turn it on and open files and stuff.
Prevent aigre from accidentally initiating facility self destruct.

power up the computer and find out what this control room was controlling.

Chris and Ram run into the room and promptly start punching the keyboards, spinning in desk chairs and generally acting silly.

Auron shoos them away from the controls and takes a more serious look at them. He manages to get them powered up. The console appears to be a security console and it controls not only the blast door but several other doors and cameras in the area.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2015, 12:15:32 pm »

"Uh, what's going on down there?"

Christopher wanders out the room, and back to the corridor, seeing Antony.

"Whoa, that's some pretty handy knifework there. Wait, did we shoot that gooey stuff at him? Should we shoot him some more for resisting arrest?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

((Except tryrar is a robot wearing exoskeleton. Doesn't even have helmet to gash.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2015, 12:56:06 pm »

Examine some consoles inside the room that I opened the door to.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

One man lost his spine, the other has a broken heart, the third is disobeying all orders... Morale is going downhill fast.
Oh, I know! The best way to mend a broken heart is a woman's touch. Vanessa should be able to take care of that.
As for the lack of spine and disobedience, all I have to do is remember that film where I played the commissar. If I'm lucky, I won't end up getting killed by my own troops.

"You there!" Flint yelled, pointing at Yancy, doing his best to sound serious and scary. "The state of your uniform is a disgrace! Get that fixed, soldier!"
"And you! Trying to weasel your way out of doing your part for the mission, you coward?" he continued, this time pointing at Leonardo's corpse. "Quit slacking off! You die when I give you permission to die! Not sooner!"
"Vanessa, this is no time for naps! Get up this moment soldier! I trust you are capable enough to at least take care of the sorry state of those two while I handle more serious matters. And be sure to keep an eye on them. They might continue their insubordinate behaviour."
"As for you, Mr. Stabby-" he finally said, pointing at Anthony with his industrial mining laser "Your treasonous acts will not be tolerated in my army! You might be strong, but strength is no match for expertly wielded high energy weapons and several tons of angry metal! Stand down or I will make you stand down!"

Since he has increased strength, trying to trap him would not work. In fact, if I used a forcefield, it might cause more harm than good if it explodes.

Furthermore, his diminished intelligence and inability to navigate properly means there is no point in observing him to try and see what he does or trying to reason with him. We know the general direction he was headed towards and that's enough.

If I had magic I might had been able to do something, but I don't. So my best course of action is what the AM taught me: Decapitate the danger. Preserve the corpse. Protect your teammates. Sort it out later.

But just in case...

Kneel down (if that's a thing that helps with battlesuits and lasers) and wait for an opening as he breaks through to my side of the wall. We don't want friendly fire here and since Mr. Stabby is working on the goop wall, that should give me some time to take careful aim. Then, when I'm ready, off with his head! And his other limbs if he remains standing.

Edit: If the others attack first and it turns out he is invincible or something similar, then goop him good and yell at people to get to work getting us out of here. Edit2: If his suit is not invincible, then try to damage his helmet with my laser before gooping him. He might be invincible, but if I goop his mouth and nose he might choke to death.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:28:37 am by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2015, 01:04:39 pm »

"Did this man murder somebody? I fear the victim may have been a union member, and they're an endangered species these days! Kill him! But carefully, some malign force has already resulted in that guy's chest exploding the the firefight in the elevator!"

Wait for a stronger weapon user to open fire, aiming my gauss rifle carefully at the goo rather than nasty deflecting walls, and try to kneecap Antony or provide appropriate covering dakka.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »

((Except tryrar is a robot wearing exoskeleton. Doesn't even have helmet to gash.))

Yeah, this. Gonna wait before posting my action so you can correct this

Actually, If other attempts to incapacitate possessed teammate fail, single-shot Sibilius round through center of mass
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:55:48 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »

I don't want any of this action.

Put some distance between me and everyone else: walk away from people, not too fast, but quite swift, in a calm manner.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2015, 01:58:41 pm »

Heh. Welp in that case enjoy the ride and hope my teammates don't kill me too hard. Is it possible to observe any of this or am I unconscious while whatever is puppeting me?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2015, 02:04:57 pm »

"Watch out for rebounding bullets, guys! We're gonna try and shoot him!"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35