Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61397 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2015, 04:38:23 pm »

be ready to catch severed body parts from renegadelobster

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

((I call dibs on any of my flying/burning/freezing/space fuckery limbs/organs/fun bits/body chunks. Just getting that out of the way now.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2015, 10:04:16 pm »

"So the walls are vibrating, thats a thing right?

also there is zero radiation here, literally zero...
what does that even indicate?"

Switch back to visual feeds.

continue poking my way down the hallway and inspect the big door carefully for clues, occasionally switch to thermal and echolocation while inspecting things.

take point on the other right hand door, if nothing pops out of egans door carefully open my one and peer inside.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »

"Hm. Molten walls, blurry corners, constant churning wind, floaty dust and shit... I mean it looks all new-age-y, but it makes no fucking sense. I swear the designer must have gone space crazy.
Oh well."

Get a metal rod. Push it against the wall on the door-less wall of the hallway very hard. Drag it while pushing it against the wall as I walk forward. Both to test the wall's strength (whether or not it gets scratched) and to make some noise.
"Zombieees! Come out to play-ayyy! Zombieees! Come out to play-ayyy! Zombieeeeeeees! Come out to playyy-aaayyy!"

Look at the blast door with CamEyes. Anything interesting? It may be too thick to see through, but can I see its circuitry? If I can, can I see where they are going? Any other convenient way to access it or its mechanisms? Is it vibrating more than its surroundings? Do the vibrations even have a source?
"Oh. Great. A locked fucking door. Why didn't we get keys for every door? We're like professionals here. Don't they trust us? I swear, security here is tighter than a hangman's knot."

Also knock on the door with my giant metal pole. Both to see if it can be scratched and to see if there's a response. It never hurts to knock, right?
"Oh, xeeenooos! Or robots. Or anomalies. I don't care very much, I believe in equality for all. Anybody home? Are you going to come out? Or are you going to hide behind your door? It is so hard to find a doctor that makes house calls these days. But Flint Westwood still does! And I've got your medicine right here! So come out! Don't miss this golden opportunity!"

You said "has no handle", which makes me assume the other doors have handles, which makes me assume that they are human sized. Is that the case? Does that mean that Gilgamesh is stuck here until the door opens, the elevator is reactivated or some other means to exit is found?

And generally try to lure whatever might be around here to me with my yelling and noise. What would that be? Charisma?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2015, 06:47:05 pm »

Be ready to shoot anything that comes out from the doors.

If nothing pops out, pick a random one and enter with teammate.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2015, 11:12:49 am »

Also knock on the door with my giant metal pole. Both to see if it can be scratched and to see if there's a response. It never hurts to knock, right?
"Oh, xeeenooos! Or robots. Or anomalies. I don't care very much, I believe in equality for all. Anybody home? Are you going to come out? Or are you going to hide behind your door? It is so hard to find a doctor that makes house calls these days. But Flint Westwood still does! And I've got your medicine right here! So come out! Don't miss this golden opportunity!"

Vladimir grins under his faceplate, comes up to the door and chants two lines after making a few rhythmical knocks:

♪ Do you wanna build a snowmaaaan? ♫
♪ Come on lets go and plaaaay! ♫
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2015, 03:04:41 pm »

Vladimir grins under his faceplate, comes up to the door and chants two lines after making a few rhythmical knocks:

♪ Do you wanna build a snowmaaaan? ♫
♪ Come on lets go and plaaaay! ♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EGo6rqwzA

- Ugh, figures. Either we have multiple drafts or something is messing with the sensors. Anyone got some plans of this place back when we had contact with Aresteve?

Advance with the group.
Shuffle slowly after the others. Also quietly whimper.
Following the herd.

"Cover me, I'm going... somewhere!"

Check how the "Sullen Moon" nyartifact is behaving - differently?

Twist the handle down, then open the door on the right violently with a bayonet lunge, jumping back immediately.

I forget, did you ever do anything with sullen moon? Or just kept it as is?

You lunge into the room, bayonet first. Of course, you end up charging straight into a kindergarden teacher and stabbing her right in the chest. And then her entire class of small orphan children get to hear her gurgle and die.

No, in reality the room is a control room of sorts and is completely devoid of living things. There's a fairly large control panel, some monitors and a computer in this closet of a room, along with a desk chair, but nothing else.

((Zero radiation? Oh no, they'll get anti-cancer!))
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll not have to worry about it for long.

"...well that's not right."

Well obviously that means I need to keep my hand in there for longer. Stick my head in there. Let my mind wander while my hand head is in the blurry area. Maybe that will help me remember.

((Had a better/worse idea))
Heh, it sort of ting-

Vanessa, suddenly noticing the guy sticking his hand in ... whatever that was, decides to stick around for when he does something stupid inevitably.

Stay put for now and watch ... renegadelobster guy. Don't know his actual name. Watch for the inevitable part where he hurts himself badly and needs medicine.

Is the particulate at all like the stuff on my last mission?

be ready to catch severed body parts from renegadelobster
Anthony stands back up, walks over to Leon and promptly attempts to stab him in the stomach with his combat knife. Leon, dodges...into the the knife and takes it straight to the sternum instead. He has just enough time to look at the knife in his chest and mutter a swear before dropping. Anthony pulls the knife free with a bit of effort and starts walking, nonchalantly, toward the door to the elevator.

"So the walls are vibrating, thats a thing right?

also there is zero radiation here, literally zero...
what does that even indicate?"

Switch back to visual feeds.

continue poking my way down the hallway and inspect the big door carefully for clues, occasionally switch to thermal and echolocation while inspecting things.

take point on the other right hand door, if nothing pops out of egans door carefully open my one and peer inside.

You switch back to normal visuals and inspect the big door. It's definitely big. Too heavy to just be an airlock. Must be a blast door? Or at least designed to keep something in. You look into the room that egan killed that nun in opened. You don't see anything different from what he saw.

Be ready to shoot anything that comes out from the doors.

If nothing pops out, pick a random one and enter with teammate.

You enter the door with Auron.

Is that some sort of innuendo?

"Hm. Molten walls, blurry corners, constant churning wind, floaty dust and shit... I mean it looks all new-age-y, but it makes no fucking sense. I swear the designer must have gone space crazy.
Oh well."

Get a metal rod. Push it against the wall on the door-less wall of the hallway very hard. Drag it while pushing it against the wall as I walk forward. Both to test the wall's strength (whether or not it gets scratched) and to make some noise.
"Zombieees! Come out to play-ayyy! Zombieees! Come out to play-ayyy! Zombieeeeeeees! Come out to playyy-aaayyy!"

Look at the blast door with CamEyes. Anything interesting? It may be too thick to see through, but can I see its circuitry? If I can, can I see where they are going? Any other convenient way to access it or its mechanisms? Is it vibrating more than its surroundings? Do the vibrations even have a source?
"Oh. Great. A locked fucking door. Why didn't we get keys for every door? We're like professionals here. Don't they trust us? I swear, security here is tighter than a hangman's knot."

You said "has no handle", which makes me assume the other doors have handles, which makes me assume that they are human sized. Is that the case? Does that mean that Gilgamesh is stuck here until the door opens, the elevator is reactivated or some other means to exit is found?

And generally try to lure whatever might be around here to me with my yelling and noise. What would that be? Charisma?
It makes a screechy metal noise and the bar is damaged, but the wall isn't even scratched.

You can't see crap. You can't see through that wall or any other wall.

Same as the wall, no response, no effect.

Well, the other doors are, but the blast door is larger. I just say it has no handle to mean it has no obvious means of manual opening.

I think something has already been lured.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2015, 03:14:05 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EGo6rqwzA

((This made me uncomfortable, really. Why, Japan, why for heaven's sake?))

- Someone aware of the situation, please clarify: do we have an exit route worked out and advance to fulfil mission objectives, or are we trying to both do something about the mission AND find an exit while we're at it?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2015, 03:21:55 pm »

Start softly humming a spooky melody. Walk warily a few meters into the hallway, carefully waving my cane near walls and stuff. Softly prod some stuff with cane.

((dammit did I just get ninja'd by a turn))

"We've been told nothing new. Radio silence. The mission was broad enough that we could still consider it active, but someone else oughta weigh in on that..."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:25:19 pm by Moopli »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2015, 04:31:53 pm »

the room that egan killed that nun in opened.
:D
Have been the one to have opened that door. Resume intragalactic tourism.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2015, 05:14:21 pm »

((Heh. Oops.))

...um...so...roll to resist? Or maybe at least poke around my own mind, see if I can speak/communicate with what ever is piloting me? Try to not die from getting de-limbed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:21:11 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »

"Oh for-

MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INTERRUPT ON ASSFACE TEAMMATE STABBER

Take away his limbs.

"Other person who was stabbed, try to not die for around a minute, I'll get to you."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:27:42 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2015, 07:18:43 pm »

((Take his arms away until he promises to behave.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2015, 07:21:05 pm »

((Actually yeah good idea.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2015, 07:37:11 pm »

Check out the control panel and monitors.

Push random butans if it isn't on. If it is, push random buttons anyway and try to interrogate the system for information on what's going on.

Let Auron have his way with the controls but mash some random buttons first just for the sake of it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:11:32 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35