Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61438 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2015, 05:54:51 am »

"Sure. I wont be looking at the supposedly melting walls visually anymore, but at least we will be able to tell if it translates through video."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2015, 06:01:46 am »

: Cool, thanks. :

Look outside without actually going outside. Do I see anything weird from inside the elevator?
Activate lamps. Do things change in any way?
Do I see the anomalous effects immediately or are they gradual?
What if I close my eyes, look away, say "this isn't real" 10 times (and actually try to believe it) and then look again?
And finally, are Cameyes affected in any way?

Is there any distortion inside the cockpit?

Use Auron's video feed and see if I'm seeing what he says he is seeing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:03:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2015, 08:12:33 am »

Very, very slowly attempt to recover.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2015, 08:24:57 am »

((Hey Paris, can you collect some of that particulate matter floating in the air for me? it might be causing the glow and mindfuck.))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:32:48 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2015, 09:27:12 am »

: Now guys, we're still the HMRC. So check your atmospheric sensors and get some samples. Not of the unbreakable walls, of course, just the air and the dust and anything else you find interesting. Although you might want to try the walls again. Maybe there's a spot that's not unbreakable. :

: I'm also detecting a draft. Might indicate a way out of here. Normally I'd use a lighter or a cigarette to check for it, but that sounds kinda dangerous with unknown matter in the air and low temperature. So, I dunno. You're smart people. Improvise. :

: Finally, I think Vanessa has some sort of biological matter analyzer thingy? Any of you got anything similar? Can you use that to analyze the environment or that dust when you're able? :

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2015, 02:26:57 pm »

"Hrm. An interesting question, I'll see if I do."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2015, 02:36:00 pm »

: I'm also detecting a draft. Might indicate a way out of here. Normally I'd use a lighter or a cigarette to check for it, but that sounds kinda dangerous with unknown matter in the air and low temperature. So, I dunno. You're smart people. Improvise. :

- Let me try.

Scrape the floor or walls or whatever - get a handful of dust. Throw it up against the place where Paris detected a draft and see where it floats to. Use light source of MCP II to highlight the process if needed.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2015, 05:15:35 pm »

Take temperature readings. Put some of dust into specimen containers.

Advance down the corridor with Christopher. He has an artifact, what could possibly go wrong right?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:18:04 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »

"Hmm."

Stick my dick hand in the blurry area. Observe. Try to not die. If I survive, loot helpfully carry the temp-dead guys stuff.
You stick your hand in the blurry area. It tingles. You feel...odd. Like you have to remember something but can't. Hmm.

Cautiously take point in the hallway, keeping an eye for weirdness.

((Also, it seems there's an error on the wiki. It says I have no ammo, but I KNOW I posted an action to restock after we came back from M22. I should have a full clip at least...)
You walk out into the hallway and look around. Your feet feel heavy, like something is pushing down on your shoulders. The hallway has three doors, two on the right, one straight ahead. The ones on the right are normal doors, the one ahead looks like an airlock or blast door. It has no handle.

go remove Jobasio's head and lift it up to eye level, also take Jobasio's rifle.
Do you see what you've done. Next time you threaten me make damn sure you can back it up. Because if you can't I will kill you next time, in fact it's not to late even now.
((Peicewise you missed me))[/s]
Well he's alive and still has arm movements so I'd think he'd slap your hands away, overzealous headsman that you are. Actually he's saying to hit you with his cutlass now. Perhaps you wanna rethink this action?

"Auron, any anomalous effects out there?"

Try to fix up Jobasio. My body should be able to do this, right?

If I can't fix him up with a Med roll, pronounce him fucked until future notice and resume suspicious staring at anything unusual.

Oh, and see if my atmosphere sampler thingies (I recall I used it in the last mission I was on?) are sensing anything that's not normal air.

You Grab Job and drag him under your cloak. He certainly screams a lot. You boot him back out a few seconds later with a new section of artificial spine replacing the damaged one. He's good as new...save for the therapy he might need.

Your atmosphere sensors are reading the particulate as organic matter of varying composition.

"Just the magic light causing some optical illusion fuckery at the moment.

Im switching exclusively to echolocation for a while."

Switch displayed vision mode to echolocation only.
Give Flint access to my undisplayed, but still recording, video feeds.

Move further down the hall and cautiously scout whats up ahead.
Also attempt to discern the source of the glow, is the atmosphere down here abnormal in any way? what are the radiation levels like?

The echolocation mode is odd. Everything looks normal for a few feet but once it gets about 10 feet away it starts to degrade. It's like there's some sort of background noise throwing the system off, or that the walls are reverberating the sound in a way the system doesn't understand. Hm. You give flint access to the video feeds.

You see the same three doors mentioned earlier. The one straight ahead definitely looks like it must be opened via a terminal or something.

You tap on the walls, look at your scanners and generally poke around. You can't find where the light is coming from, but you do find that the walls are humming. Not audibly, but when you look close in echo mode, they're sort of writhing. Weird.

Radiation levels are...hmm. They're not even background. They're zero. That bodes poorly.

Wander blithely down the corridor, not bothering to look out for alien fuckery, ahead of everyone else. Do I still have the Sullen Moon nyartifact?
You do.

You wander up to the far door and bump into it. It doesn't budge. The door on the right nearest to it seems to be open though; it moves a bit when you try the handle.

: Cool, thanks. :

Look outside without actually going outside. Do I see anything weird from inside the elevator?
Activate lamps. Do things change in any way?
Do I see the anomalous effects immediately or are they gradual?
What if I close my eyes, look away, say "this isn't real" 10 times (and actually try to believe it) and then look again?
And finally, are Cameyes affected in any way?

Is there any distortion inside the cockpit?

Use Auron's video feed and see if I'm seeing what he says he is seeing.

You don't see anything the others don't.
The lamps make things brighter, thats about it.
The effects you currently see were immediate, and you don't see anything new.
You can't peter pan your way out of this, wendy.
Effected? Well you see what everyone else sees, if thats what you mean.

Very, very slowly attempt to recover.
[3]
You rock slowly back and forth, but manage not to cry.

Welcome to the piecewise mental illness hole. You have voluntarily put yourself here but I'm afraid you can't voluntarily get yourself out again.

- Let me try.

Scrape the floor or walls or whatever - get a handful of dust. Throw it up against the place where Paris detected a draft and see where it floats to. Use light source of MCP II to highlight the process if needed.
Particulate in the air seems to shift but doesn't seem to shift in one direction. It sort of ebbs and flows.

Take temperature readings. Put some of dust into specimen containers.

Advance down the corridor with Christopher. He has an artifact, what could possibly go wrong right?

Mid 70's
You gather as much particulate as you can into a jar.
You advance down the corridor with most of the others.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2015, 02:45:41 pm »

- Ugh, figures. Either we have multiple drafts or something is messing with the sensors. Anyone got some plans of this place back when we had contact with Aresteve?

Advance with the group.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »

Shuffle slowly after the others. Also quietly whimper.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:26 pm »

"Cover me, I'm going... somewhere!"

Check how the "Sullen Moon" nyartifact is behaving - differently?

Twist the handle down, then open the door on the right violently with a bayonet lunge, jumping back immediately.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2015, 02:59:17 pm »

((Zero radiation? Oh no, they'll get anti-cancer!))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2015, 03:06:46 pm »

"...well that's not right."

Well obviously that means I need to keep my hand in there for longer. Stick my head in there. Let my mind wander while my hand head is in the blurry area. Maybe that will help me remember.

((Had a better/worse idea))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:09:37 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »

Vanessa, suddenly noticing the guy sticking his hand in ... whatever that was, decides to stick around for when he does something stupid inevitably.

Stay put for now and watch ... renegadelobster guy. Don't know his actual name. Watch for the inevitable part where he hurts himself badly and needs medicine.

Is the particulate at all like the stuff on my last mission?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:24:59 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35