Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61505 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 24: Demon In the Freezer
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:29 am »

Accompany the vanguard, walking in brazenly once they get the door open without expecting any alien monstrosities to snatch me away or anything.

Idly wiggle one piece of the sullen moon nyartifact near another, picking two that look like they might fit together, and holding them several millimetres apart.

You missed this action.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 11:23:24 am »

: You know the drill, people. Stay frosty and keep your eyes open. I'll do a scan, see if there's anything interesting nearby. :

Do the battlesuit's lights emit a lot of heat? If there's no danger of them causing the air to explode or something, open them up to help with the illumination. Otherwise, I'll make due with Aresteve's LEDs, light amps and whatever light the Rainbow Cannon provides.

That done, scan the area for anything interesting or useful. What were they building here anyway? Just components and parts?

Talk to Aresteve:
: Sure, thanks. Have you identified any areas that are anomalous in any way? Any of them near us? :

: And how cold are we talking about, exactly? Are we going to have trouble moving down there? Is there any danger we'll boil the gas away and cause an explosion or something? Or is that danger present only if we use energy weapons? :

Accompany the vanguard, walking in brazenly once they get the door open without expecting any alien monstrosities to snatch me away or anything.

Idly wiggle one piece of the sullen moon nyartifact near another, picking two that look like they might fit together, and holding them several millimetres apart.

You missed this action.
If I notice this guy trying to mess with unknown alien shit unrelated to the mission, grab him, put him in the elevator and tell him to test his shit away from the team. And that next time he tries that close to me, he gets thrown up the elevator shaft.

Nunzillor

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:05 am »

@Aresteve Here's my definition of useful: close by, not likely to immediately kill us, and could clearly be used to contain or destroy the anomaly with the team we currently have.  Anything like that in the immediate vicinity, in your opinion?"

Collect some scrap.  How many exits?  Any stairs down?  Put some more frost in a new container, collected with tongs.

Keep up that healthy sense of paranoia and look around for unlikely traps.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:30:52 pm by Nunzillor »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2015, 11:58:09 am »

Spread out from the group and search the area for anything unusual/useful/bodies. Tag the bodies for later retrieval if need be.

Check the Spektr, see if it looks like it would still function in this cold. DO NOT TEST FIRE IT. Use light amps, not lamps in here, don't want to give it another source of potential energy. Unless everyone else uses lamps. Then go with those instead.

@Auron : Hey, you mind if I grab the grenade launcher and a couple of the grenades? I have some skill with using the launcher and setting the grenades as traps. :
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:48:45 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »

See if I have any form of special eyes in this body or just regular eyes. Continue following at the almost back of the group.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2015, 04:47:39 pm »

: You know the drill, people. Stay frosty and keep your eyes open. I'll do a scan, see if there's anything interesting nearby. :

"Ahah, yes, I'll keep my cool"

"Does everyone have access to the heat map?"

Keep with the group. Pay attention for materials acting strangely due to low temperature.

((Root set up a heat map shared with everyone. PW says it worked, so everyone should have seen something pop up on their HUD))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2015, 05:30:10 pm »

Await delivery from Aresteve and lug it back to the group ASAP.

Give everyone access to my passive echolocation mapping data, scan everything with thermal cameras pating close attention to whats coldest.

Edit:
Throw chem thrower with tank at Ramses head.
Split the aster-ex with eddie, 1 kilo each and he gets two short range detonators.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:00:50 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »

Follow somewhere in the middle of the group.  Give the vanguard and Christopher plenty of space.  Grab some aster-ex, if there's any left.
We'll assume you get some, if there's some to get.

Grab a chem thrower and liquid helium tank. Walk in with the vanguard as well, ready to ice anything not us.
Similar, if it's there to get, you get it.  Wiki gnomes will have to sort this out.

EDIT: Return the grenade launcher to team hammer-space. We'll work out the distribution of them in a bit
Returned. Butt sticking. Map gotten.

@Renegade: The launcher and grenades have been returned to the team hamerspace, which I assume is being held by Auron.

@Nunzillor and Aigre Excalibur, you'll have to ask Auron about obtaining those. He's the one handing them out.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:57 pm »

Give everyone access to my passive echolocation mapping data, scan everything with thermal cameras pating close attention to whats coldest.

Notices map named 'echolocation map' "Sorry to whomever had that idea, it's a good one but there's no atmosphere down here. Think your echo-mapping system could be configured to send vibrations through the walls? Track small seismic echoes, like? I doubt it's easy, could be worth a shot though..."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2015, 06:37:05 pm »

@Auron:

"I Ramses Apophis, son of the great Set, Lord of Memphis above and Hell below hereby demand a chem thrower and some liquid helium!" There. Liquid helium grabbed, unless Auron wants to sit on it in the shuttle.

Watch for anything that shouldn't be moving. Keep following the Flint, ready to cover him with the Liquid He tube gun.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nunzillor

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »

((Hmm... Ramses reminds me of someone...))
@Auron "Hey there, name's Eddie.  Would you mind if I took some aster-ex?"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:30:07 pm by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »

@Nunzillor and Aigre Excalibur, you'll have to ask Auron about obtaining those. He's the one handing them out.
No, he's not. He doesn't have the aster-ex, just the chem/grenade launchers and ammo. At least, based on his previous actions. So it should had been back to the ship and easily grab-able.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2015, 06:55:40 pm »

No, he's not. He doesn't have the aster-ex, just the chem/grenade launchers and ammo. At least, based on his previous actions. So it should had been back to the ship and easily grab-able.
((yeah but im the only one at the ship at the moment, ill include it in my action to bring it along.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2015, 06:59:25 pm »

((yeah but im the only one at the ship at the moment, ill include it in my action to bring it along.))
((But his action happened last turn when he was on the ship. So he should had been able to get it.
Anyway, not really important, since either way he gets it, just clarifying in case it is needed next turn and you're not able to get there in time.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2015, 10:56:06 am »

Try and get the Haebi bone spike on by rifle as cold as possible, without impairing the weapon's primary dakka functions. Cover the left fork, and advance slowly, if that makes any sense in this situation. Also, place the Sullen Moon Nyartifact about 20 metres from anyone, though keep track of it and inform all union members of where it is. Action edited

((Better to metagame than waste lives fruitlessly. As in, not give us a look at whatever possibly-origin spacetech is about to murderbone us all to death.))

Oh, and I won't be here for a week, so Goldsmith's law me, I'll follow orders that aren't too nuts/detrimental to me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:13:55 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35