Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61502 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: Demon In the Freezer
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »

Be ready to shoot any fuckery.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2015, 12:29:08 pm »

Exit forum-coma long enough to be oblivious to the imminent danger.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2015, 12:54:23 pm »

Spread out from the group and search the area for anything unusual/useful/bodies. Tag the bodies for later retrieval if need be.

Check the Spektr, see if it looks like it would still function in this cold. DO NOT TEST FIRE IT. Use light amps, not lamps in here, don't want to give it another source of potential energy. Unless everyone else uses lamps. Then go with those instead.

@Auron : Hey, you mind if I grab the grenade launcher and a couple of the grenades? I have some skill with using the launcher and setting the grenades as traps. :

The above. And try to not die/get fucked over by alien fuckery.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nunzillor

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

Eddie would try not to fear death.  Perhaps, as Ramses had said, death was the natural state of things, and life was a fleeting aberration.  The idea still seemed alien, though, and he couldn't properly believe it.

Being as pessimistic and paranoid as always, put a little aster-ex at the exits to the room other than the way we came, hooked up to one of the detonators. 

Do it fast.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:26:42 am by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »

I don't really know how much I know and what is going to happen. Do I know there are going to be explosions? Do I know that we are going to die? Depending on what I know, then try to help the team as best as I can. I don't know what would be best. Flying them out of there? Blocking the doorways leading further down with goop? Blocking said doorways with my giant robot or debris?

Otherwise, if not much changes on our level and there's no impending doom, do the same thing I was going to do last turn:

: You know the drill, people. Stay frosty and keep your eyes open. I'll do a scan, see if there's anything interesting nearby. :

Do the battlesuit's lights emit a lot of heat? If there's no danger of them causing the air to explode or something, open them up to help with the illumination. Otherwise, I'll make due with Aresteve's LEDs, light amps and whatever light the Rainbow Cannon provides.

That done, scan the area for anything interesting or useful. What were they building here anyway? Just components and parts?

Talk to Aresteve:
: Sure, thanks. Have you identified any areas that are anomalous in any way? Any of them near us? :

: And how cold are we talking about, exactly? Are we going to have trouble moving down there? Is there any danger we'll boil the gas away and cause an explosion or something? Or is that danger present only if we use energy weapons? :

Accompany the vanguard, walking in brazenly once they get the door open without expecting any alien monstrosities to snatch me away or anything.

Idly wiggle one piece of the sullen moon nyartifact near another, picking two that look like they might fit together, and holding them several millimetres apart.

You missed this action.
If I notice this guy trying to mess with unknown alien shit unrelated to the mission, grab him, put him in the elevator and tell him to test his shit away from the team. And that next time he tries that close to me, he gets thrown up the elevator shaft.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:10:11 am by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2015, 04:12:30 pm »

((Erm, guys - I edited my action to include putting that stuff well away from us, and keeping an eye on it.... just checking you think Piecewise won't wilfully misconstrue anything))
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2015, 08:35:56 pm »

Climb up a wall/convenient structure and go on overwatch whilst the others investigate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »

Be ready to throw more Liquid Helium around the place.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2015, 12:03:01 am »

Await delivery from Aresteve and lug it back to the group ASAP.

Give everyone access to my passive echolocation mapping data, scan everything with thermal cameras pating close attention to whats coldest.

Edit:
Throw chem thrower with tank at Ramses head.
Split the aster-ex with eddie, 1 kilo each and he gets two short range detonators.

If Steve or Aresteve mention the space magic getting fucked over, or when I witness space magic going out of control in the distance, disconnect my manipulator from its brain and leave them both in the shuttle, also disable all the shuttles automanipulator systems.

then do the quoted actions if it is safe to do so.

((is the sword parked in hephaestus orbit currently?))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:13:41 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2015, 01:48:43 am »

((Goddamnit. We really should have just infused the whole damn area with cold in hindsight.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2015, 06:12:41 am »

((Goddamnit. We really should have just infused the whole damn area with cold in hindsight.))

((Ramses could, if you tell us ic why that's a good idea))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2015, 10:42:49 am »

Wow it has been 5 days since I posted here. More probably.

Hmm. I'll tell you guys whats going on. I'm frankly considering just giving you a new mission since this one is basically fucking done thanks to those amps going off. And I'd hate mission 24 to be three turns long.

Hmm.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2015, 10:45:37 am »

((The amps going off just kinda killed the thing outright, didn't they.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2015, 10:46:23 am »

((Make something awesome happen so that it ends with style?))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2015, 10:47:13 am »

((Recall 'em for M25?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35