Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 61516 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: Demon In the Freezer
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2015, 04:20:16 am »

try and figure out what was being made here

Nunzillor

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2015, 12:52:28 am »

"So uh... Ramses, is it?  Where are you from?"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2015, 02:58:06 am »

"So uh... Ramses, is it?  Where are you from?"

Ramses squints at you for a few moments... "EDDIE!!!" He thunders. "I SALUTE THE DIVINITY WITHIN YOU!" Ramses is a millimeter from your face and appears to be shaking with Joy. "The Destroyer smiles upon our meeting, baby god. Already the path has led you here to the crucible of ARM. I shall be honored to call you a brother!"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nunzillor

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2015, 03:18:00 am »

Oh crap, I had no idea he would react like that.  How to handle this...?

Eddie reflexively takes several steps back, his smile uneasy.  "Uh yes... brother.  The Destroyer, did you say?  Sounds like someone to steer clear of, really.  But, uh, best of luck to the divinity within yourself as well.  I think?  A great... demon?... lurks within these tunnels.  I, uh, pray we can banish it to the realm from which it came."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:20:58 am by Nunzillor »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2015, 03:32:33 am »

@Eddie "Do not fear, my child. For the fires of destruction are but the first steps in a new creation! Ignes Natura Renovatur Integra. Through Fire Nature is Renewed in its Integrity. The great one they call Steve is one such agent of change. And his cause has found favour with the forces of Hell!"

"And what of you Son, have you not come here to fight for a better universe too?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nunzillor

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2015, 03:50:10 am »

@Ramses "To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm here.  I actually signed up to fight for the UWM but... things changed, I guess.  I suppose I'm here to see cool shit?  It sounds a little weak, really.  I guess I'm still considering my options, moving forward."

"Perhaps from the ashes society will be reborn or, and I believe there is a chance of this due to the war, perhaps the burnt remains of civilization will be scattered to the wind for all time.  Fire can bring both life and death, but uncontained fire is always a great force of destruction.  And... the forces of Hell?  That's not very reassuring..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2015, 03:50:47 am »

Vanessa quietly sighs as the two talk, though the expression doesn't involve breath what with her body. The fervently religious made no sense to her, never had.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2015, 04:03:55 am »

@Eddie "Courage, young one! It is destiny that has brought you into the service of Steve. And fate that led us to this room where death may take us at the very next door. Do not hope for a future that could be or might be, for we are already dead. Learn to trust death. Learn to love death. Count upon death in each moment of the present, and you will cease to fear."

"And it is when we are without fear of death that we become purified instruments of the Destroyer."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:08:36 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Nunzillor

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

@Ramses "Hmm.  Yes, there is wisdom in your words and I will think on them as we push forward.  Perhaps this is simply meant to be.  Thank you, Ramses."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:15:36 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:56 am »

Soooo. While Heph has a lot more space magic than the other missions, the good news is that the majority of it is safe because it is either inactive or can quickly be shut down.

The bad news is that there are about two dozen or so temp related manips down in the frozen area you're in which are keeping it cold. And, well, we no longer have contact with them so they're working autonomously. I'd give it...oh, 30 seconds to a minute before we start seeing weird stuff.

Please prepare as you see fit.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2015, 12:02:37 pm »

Ummm... Raise hands and yell: "Come at me, demons!"? Just be extra cautious about our surroundings now. Start a video recording to a presumably recoverable integrated hard drive of Mk.II. Or let Aresteve record the video feed from the suit. If that is done by default, well, good.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2015, 12:03:43 pm »

((I doubt we would know about it until either Steve, Aresteve or someone still on The Sword tells us.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2015, 12:09:41 pm »

Soooo. While Heph has a lot more space magic than the other missions, the good news is that the majority of it is safe because it is either inactive or can quickly be shut down.

The bad news is that there are about two dozen or so temp related manips down in the frozen area you're in which are keeping it cold. And, well, we no longer have contact with them so they're working autonomously. I'd give it...oh, 30 seconds to a minute before we start seeing weird stuff.

Please prepare as you see fit.

Be oblivious.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2015, 12:11:53 pm »

See if I have any form of special eyes in this body or just regular eyes. Continue following at the almost back of the group.
Passively prepare anti-mindfuck defences, scan area for weird shit, generally be exceedingly cautious as someone with my level of experience being fucked over by amps would be by this point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2015, 12:12:44 pm »

Nervously finger my Chem-thrower.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35