Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for players for online RPG group - [Roll 20] [GMT / EU Weekly]  (Read 1073 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey folks!

TL;DR: PM rmblr if you're interested in playing tabletop RPGs with a focus storytelling over power gaming, online, on weekdays at 17 GMT.

You're tired of hack-n-slash? Sick of running dungeon after dungeon? Tired of games that are just tedious combats separated by cutscenes? Can you attend games online in an EU timezone on weekdays? Read on!

I've started a little group, which for lack of a better name is called EU Roleplayers. The goal is to build an online gamer group with dedicated players who meet regularly. Our focus is on collaborative story-telling and immersion over combat and power gaming.

Why? I've put together lots of online groups for roleplaying over the past few years, but they were premised on a campaign, a game, or a system. Once the campaign ended (or fizzled out) the group fell apart. Just because we game online doesn't mean we can't get the same benefits of "traditional" RPGing groups: the same people, meeting regularly, hanging out, having fun. Generally speaking it's easy to find D&D or Pathfinder games online, but if you're like me and want to play other games, it can be difficult to round up enough interested people who are also a good fit.

When? We're tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 17-21 GMT. The day may change, but only to another weekday. The time may go forward or backward by an hour.

Where? We're using Roll 20 / Skype / Hangouts. Voice is required, but a camera is optional. We aren't playing text based games.

Ok, but what are you playing? Fair enough! We're starting with a Cthulhu / Delta Green adventure or two to get acquainted. Then we'll collectively decide which game to run as our first campaign. So far people have expressed interest in:

• Call of Cthulhu / Delta Green
  • Deadlands and Savage Worlds
  • Star Wars the RPG (from FFG)
  • Trail of Cthulhu and other GUMSHOE games (Night's Black Agents, Mutant City Blues)
  • FATE games (Dresden Files)
  • Firefly RPG w/ Cortex Plus
  • Mouse Guard
  • Numenera
  • Indie Games (Ryuutama, microscope, lady blackbird, etc)

We have no interest in playing D&D or Pathfinder, so if you're really itching to play one of those, then we won't be a good fit. That said, we've nothing against the fantasy setting, just the mindless combats and dungeon delves.

So "collaborative storytelling", that's like some free form thing? No. This is "normal" tabletop RPGing. We use dice. We use rules systems and mechanics. But we want to have fun role-playing not roll-playing.

Does this interest you?

Glad to hear it. Send me a PM saying hello and we'll get you going.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:09:15 pm by rmblr »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for storytellers - [Roll 20] [GMT / EU Weekly]
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:19:46 pm »

Take this prime-time bump, while I write up a pm ;3

Actually, the title might be a tad bit confusing; From it alone, I would have thought you were searching for a GM or somesuch. Might just be me though.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for players for online RPG group - [Roll 20] [GMT / EU Weekly]
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 01:19:44 am »

I reworded the title slightly, hopefully that helps.