Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10659 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »

Keep taking cover, unless the bombardment has ended. If it has, check if the rest of my squad survived.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2015, 05:04:32 pm »

Pancaek:
You poke your rifle over your cover. "Sarge, we're royally fucked if we stay here!" you yell out.

The citizen behind you speaks up. "I know a way out! There's an exit tunnel! We can use it to get out of here!"

Hawk132:
Another shell blows the entrance of the city hall into pieces. You can see the artillery still coming in. You manage to pick yourself up and run back into the rubble. You find your NCO unconscious under a wall, obviously dead, and your squad mate picking up the HVT, who is clutching at his leg.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

(( radio is ded? who is going to replace him then?))
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

((Derpaderpaderp. So sorry that I waited so long to post here.))

I wave the recovered plans over my head, avoiding any moves towards my weapons. "My squad got decimated by the resistance, but we took out an AA battery and recovered these. We were going to call it in an request reinforcements."

I also motion James to stand down, as subtly as possible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »

"So it's just us 2 left, huh? These HVT's bring bad luck."

Wait out the bombardment, unless my squadmate decides to try to get out of this area. In that case follow along.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2015, 06:42:29 pm »

//@Dustan Hache, four players at a time :)

Ruludos:
You pull out the plans and wave them over your head. You look at James and then down at his gun, and back up to his eyes, and then nod. He lowers his weapon. "My squad got decimated by the resistance, but we took out an AA battery and recovered these. We were going to call it in and request reinforcements."

The friendly who'd been talking looks to the men on the other side of you, and nods. "Yeah, we'll take those for ya. You guys just stay here and we'll bring back reinforcements for your squad. Hand over the documents." As he says this, you notice all of the friendlies surrounding you except for James readying their weapons.

Hawk132:
"So it's just us 2 left, huh? These HVT's bring bad luck." you say, helping your squad mate pick up the HVT.

"Fucking right they are. Come on, we've gotta find a better place to hide." he begins moving opposite the direction of the street, into an alleyway. As you walk down it you can hear rounds smashing into buildings. On the opposite side of the alleyway you think you see a column of IFVs fly by. There are back entrances to multiple buildings in the alleyway.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »

Let my squad mate lead the way. I'll be pointing out any possible hiding spots or dangers that I notice.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2015, 07:39:45 pm »

"FUCKING A! LET'S SKEDADDLE! YOU LEAD THE WAY."

Follow the civilian into the exit tunnel. make sure the rest of the guys know there is one as well.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2015, 09:12:39 pm »

Hawk132:
Your squad mate drops the civilian behind a dumpster and opens up his comms. "Command, this is SF element 3-2!" he yells over the sound of the artillery. "We're gonna need a fuckin' extract! We're surrounded by enemy armor and infantry, and they're gonna be closing in as soon as this barrage ends! Get us the fuck out of here, we've got an HVT!"

Just as he finishes that sentence, a shell lands at the side of the alleyway where the town hall had been. The building it hit's foundation busts and the building crumbles, filling in that side of the alleyway. "Well fuck, we aren't going back that way!" you yell, but realize that there's nothing to yell over. The artillery has stopped.

Pancaek:
"FUCKING A! LET'S SKEDADDLE!" you shout with glee over the sound of gunfire ripping through the windows. "You lead the way!" The civilian nods and bolts out the doorway.

"I'll cover, go!" one of your squad mates shouts.

"Fuck if you are, let's go!" your NCO yells, grabbing him by the shoulder. Your squad mate breaks the grip of your NCO and begins firing back at the enemy position.

"Just go, we're all fucked if they hit the building before we're out!"

Your NCO looks defeated. "Alright, but we're all getting into that tunnel!" he yells, before following you and the civilian through the door. Another squad mate also comes through.

The civilian shows you a small hatch in the floor of the next room over, and jumps down the hole. "Let's go, come on!" he yells. Your NCO turns to go get your other squad mate, and just then you hear a loud scream and a thump. He begins to take off through the door to rescue your other squad mate.

"No! We can't help him!" yells Husk, the squad mate who followed you through the door.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2015, 09:29:15 pm »

Combat Reports, Page 1

Spoiler: Ninzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AkumaKasai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xvareon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zormod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Radio Controlled (click to show/hide)

*gobbles menacingly*

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2015, 11:16:42 pm »

Um, waitlist I guess. Not trying to be a dick. I'm good anywhere, BUT if this is one of those cases where "ask and you shall receive" applies (since someone else earlier on in the thread asked for heavy weapons), could I be tactical support/something similar to a support role? You know, artillery, landing zones, armour and air support. That sort of thing. I guess it would be the sci-fi version of a Marine with a call-box on his back during 'Nam.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:26:14 pm by Lermfish »

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2015, 12:10:33 am »

Um, waitlist I guess. Not trying to be a dick. I'm good anywhere, BUT if this is one of those cases where "ask and you shall receive" applies (since someone else earlier on in the thread asked for heavy weapons), could I be tactical support/something similar to a support role? You know, artillery, landing zones, armour and air support. That sort of thing. I guess it would be the sci-fi version of a Marine with a call-box on his back during 'Nam.

//Role-based troops will begin being inserted after beachheads are established on the planet and heavy assets are deployed. By the time you get in game, we should have a few beachheads.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2015, 04:58:05 am »

"It stopped? Then we either got a small breather, or we're going to get fucked up. Did HQ respond?"

Follow my teammate. Be vigilant.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2015, 06:24:28 am »

(( I count 6 dead, 2 active. who are you adding?))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:27:48 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »

(( I count 6 dead, 2 active. who are you adding?))
Hawk, Ruludos, and Pancaek are all active. I'm removing Frostbyte and adding in Hiddenleafguy because he's next up that hasn't played yet.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13