Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10649 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2016, 10:41:51 am »

"Acknowledged. Captain Hawk out."

To the north! Be cautious in our approach.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2016, 10:55:31 pm »

Dustin Hache:
"How far off target are we, sir?" you ask. "We could make a run for it using the buildings for cover."

Your squad leader checks his map, and replies, "Well, we're not getting to our objective, if that's what you were asking. This city's got seven districts, and we landed in the one furthest from the center. We're in the slums. No friendlies were designated to land here, and chances are that command isn't gonna send any support for four grunts lost in a worthless slum. Chances are that we'll have to fight gangs before we fight actual military."

CubeJackal:
Without any cover in your general vicinity, you sprint at full speed toward the tower that your SL is running for. Just as you're a few feet from the door leading into it, a drop pod slams into the side of the tower, opening a hole in the wall. Friendlies begin to pour out of it, dazed and falling over each other.

"Get the fuck in, we'll get slaughtered out here!" you hear your squad leader yell over the gunfire and screaming.

Hawk132:
"Acknowledged. Captain Hawk out." you click your radio. "You guys went through stealth training, yeah?" you ask to the two reserve units. They both nod. "Good. Let's not draw too much attention. Dix, get the door."

You stack up on the door, and Dix opens it slowly. You peek in, and see an empty corridor with doors and elevators on both sides. You walk to the nearest elevator, and hit the button. It comes down, and just as you're ready to walk in, the door opens and you see two engineers dressed in the green of Anghoran Society.

They try to raise their weapons, but you're instantly on them. You take the one on the left, Dix takes the one on the right. You grasp the man's rifle and throw it to the floor. He tries to wrap his arms around your neck, but you give him a sharp elbow in the ribs. He lurches downward and you give him a spinning elbow to the face, sending him back into the wall.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2016, 06:02:07 am »

"Then let's haul ass before we start getting shot up."
get moving with my squad, keeping an eye out for ambushes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2016, 08:50:23 am »

Finish him off. Then see if Dix dealt with his guy. If he needs help, do so. Then we go into the elevators and up. Everyone is to be ready to shoot once the doors open.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2016, 12:58:00 pm »

Dustin Hache:
"Then let's haul ass before we start getting shot up." you say.

"That's the plan," your squad leader replies. "We'll move our way towards the center, but I don't know just how far we'll get." Just as he finishes his sentence, you can hear a crowd forming up the street. "Let's get moving."

You move with your squad in the direction of the city center, keeping to alleyways and behind buildings. Just as you are coming out of an alleyway, a person walks by. They turn and see you. Their eyes go wide. They look ready to scream.

Hawk132:
The enemy is reaching for his holstered pistol, but you give him no time. Your knife is out in an instant, and you jam it into the man's jugular. He falls to the floor clutching his throat and sputtering nonsensical words. Just as you finish him up, Dix is stomping out the brains of the other enemy onto the floor of the elevator. You pull your knife out of the deceased enemy's neck, and motion for the two reserve units to step in.

As the elevator nears the top floor, you hear shouting on the other side of the doors. "Get ready," you say. "They'll be waiting."

The doors open and gunfire immediately fills your ears. You hold the trigger down and spray out the door. There are a few enemies on the other side doing the same, but they go down quickly. As soon as they're all down, you look to your team.

Dix is down on one knee with a bullet wound in his leg, but other than that everyone seems to be okay.

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2016, 01:02:05 pm »

oh great, civillians. Since we were coming in hot, we probably don't have anything quiet. only one thing to do.
If they're the only one around, I sprint-tackle and try to cover their mouth before they can scream, preferably without killing them. After which, I just try to calm them down like any patient who is panicking.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2016, 01:20:35 pm »

"One of you, get Dix's leg fixed up. The other goes with me."

While one of the unnamed meatshields fixes Dix, take the other one and secure the immediate area.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2016, 10:35:07 pm »

Dustin Hache:
You sprint out of the alleyway and tackle the civilian, but she lets out a scream before you can put your hand over her mouth.

"Shut up! Keep calm!" you whisper as you drag her back into the alleyway, but it's too late. The crowd heard that scream for sure. You hear yelling and masses of footsteps coming from the north.

Hawk132:
"One of you, get Dix's leg fixed up." you command. "The other goes with me." One of the reserve units begins to heal Dix, and the other comes with you as you step out into the empty room. "What's your name, kid?" you ask.

"Sanchez." He replies. "First deployment as an SF trooper, went through a pretty routine standard infantry deployment on Araxis before getting put into advanced training. Hossin doesn't seem like much compared to this place."

"I know, we weren't prepared enough for this shit. These guys had to have known what was coming." you reply.

The small room you are in has no windows. There are a few storage lockers and a bench toward the left wall, and there is a door that, presumably, leads out to the roof. Chances are that there are more enemies on the other side.

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2016, 10:58:06 pm »

"Listen miss, Me and my buddies are just trying to keep quiet. I know that you would rather rat us out to the locals. But I am asking nicely here since you are just a bystander: Would you please create a distraction, or at the very least deny having seen us?"
After getting an answer, I would let her go, and pray she doesn't go back on her word. Very little time to haul ass out of here!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2016, 02:51:28 pm »

Dustan Hache:
You drag the lady back to an alley wall, and keep your hand over her mouth as you say "Listen miss, Me and my buddies are just trying to keep quiet. I know that you would rather rat us out to the locals. But I am asking nicely here since you are just a bystander: Would you please create a distraction, or at the very least deny having seen us?"

The lady stares at you in fear and nods. As soon as you let your hand off her mouth, she screams again.

"Fuck it," you hear your NCO yell. "let her run. We've gotta get the fuck out of here!" Your squad begins to run down the alleyway away from the noises which are growing louder and louder.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2016, 02:58:24 pm »

Oh, damn. I read the turn at work and then forgot that to post an action when I got home. Sorry.

If the meds are fast-acting enough that Dix and the other guy can come here, wave them over. Then stack up on the door. Get the door open, throw a flashbang (or a normal 'nade, if we don't have flashbangs) and start mowing down whoever is on the other side of the door. If Dix and the other guy can't join us, do what I just wrote without them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »

Continue shooting at enemies in the hallway. Unless something else happened that I should be aware of.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:40:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:42 pm »

Safeties off, and haul ass! if I hear gunfire, locate and return fire!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »

Hawk132:
You stack up on the door, while Dix and the other recruit come into the room and get on it with you. You whisper, "I'll open it, whip a flashbang as soon as it's open." He nods.

You pull the handle, and Sanchez throws a flash. As soon as it's out, you slam the door shut. You hear the bang, and open the door again. Sanchez and Dix run out guns blazing, and you follow with the other recruit.

There are enemies on top of a helipad across the roof from you, approximately half the length of a football field away. On the way there is a maze of pipes and generators. The jamming device looks like it's about halfway to the helipad. By the time you come out, the enemies directly outside are dead. There are two open paths to get to the jammer and helipad, left and right. They're symmetrical, and there's plenty of cover on either side.

Twinwolf:
You turn the corner and fire off another set of shots. Just as you come back, you see a grenade bounce towards you. Your only options are to dive back into the crowd of friendlies on the stairs, kick it away, or bite the bullet and jump on it.

Dustan Hache:
"Shit times a million," you whisper to yourself as you turn and begin to sprint down the alley, flicking your safety off as you run. Your squad is already a good ways down the alley, and they turn out of your view. Just as you reach the turn, gunshots riddle the wall in front of you from behind. You turn the corner and see your squad turn left. Just as they turn out of view, an enemy comes into view on a roof directly in front of you.

You put two quick shots into his chest and continue running after your squad.

"Hache, hurry the fuck up!" you hear your squad leader yell.

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2016, 06:12:19 am »

Too late, I'll have to hope I can track my squad by comms. Find cover and fire when the hostiles round the next corner!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13