Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10657 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2015, 03:08:00 pm »

((Hiddenleafguy wasn't on the forums for the past 2 weeks. It might be wiser to add someone else in.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

((Good thing I didn't choose Perception as my dump stat, right? I've been trying to figure out the best way to play this out without loosing my NPC buddy... at least I can claim that the mind-control devices got them.))

I whip up my rifle and spray in a wide angle, trying to suppress them more than cause them any harm. "James, they're not friendlies!"

I also retreat away from the two groups (one in front and one to the right?) and duck behind the nearest hard cover I can find.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2015, 06:07:20 pm »

"come on, only a matter of time before they notice we've gotten away. let's move"

Continue following civilian. Hope this tunnel leads somewhere good.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2015, 06:19:34 pm »

incoming player.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:31:47 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »

Hawk132:
"It stopped? Then we either got a small breather, or we're going to get fucked up. Did HQ respond?" you ask.

"HQ, please respond! We are surrounded and we need assistance now, over! We have the HVT, we need evac!" he yells into the radio.

"Roger that, 3-2." responds HQ, "Sending out airships right now. Try to stay alive while they get down there. We'll also direct nearby friendly elements to your assistance. Make sure that hostage stays alive!" Just as the sentence ends, a bullet whizzes past your head from the entrance of the alleyway. The enemies are assaulting your position!

Ruludos:
You quickly raise your rifle and fire in a wide arc to suppress the ambushers. "James, they're not friendlies!" you yell, as you run backwards, spraying bullets. The enemies all duck behind cover, except the one that was talking. He aims and takes a shot. As you get into cover behind a tree, you see that James is lying on the ground, dead.

Pancaek:
"Come on," you say, "only a matter of time before they notice we've gotten away!"

"That man is my responsibility! I can't leave him!" your NCO yells back.

"Fuck you guys, I'm leaving! Close the tunnel when you come through or try to close it before you fucking die!" yells the citizen, taking off down the tunnel.

Twinwolf:
You hold on as tight as you possibly can to the side-bars of the aircraft. As your near the objective, you look to the front of the transport craft, to your platoon commander.

"Alright boys, listen up! We're goin' into the shit today to rescue an SF team that's badly pinned down with a high value target at stake! Enemies are supposedly shelling the fuck out of the area and there's an ungodly amount of enemy forces in there! We've already had friendly ground elements take out the anti-air defenses, so we should be okay up here, but the second we get on the ground the shit can and will hit the fan! We can't get down directly on top of their location, so we'll need to get em about two blocks away from their current location. That means that we've gotta fight through hell to get these guys out. We're dropping three platoons' worth of chalk here, so let's get these boys home."

Just as he finishes his speech, you notice that you've landed. The doors of the aircraft open, and soldiers start rushing out.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2015, 07:26:36 pm »

Follow the rush. Get to cover ASAP.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:20 pm »

Get behind cover and fire on any enemies I can see. Order the HVT to get the hell down and behind some cover. Throw a grenade or two (or all of them) as necessary.

-Twinwolf's section-
((Woohoo, reinforcements! Now me and the other guy just need to not die before they get here.))

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »

Twinwolf:
You jump out of the aircraft with your platoon, rushing forward onto the street. Friendly soldiers are grabbing cover on and around the street, moving west. You see one soldier get out of cover to start moving up, and he is immediately hit by a round in the neck and falls to the ground, squirting blood from the wound.

Hawk132:
You jump behind a dumpster on the other side of the alley and yell, "Get your fucking head down or they'll kill you before we can!" to the HVT. He hits the floor and covers his head. You peek up from cover and see enemies starting to converge into the alleyway. You fire off a few rounds and drop the two in front. Your squad mate does the same. The enemies start to grab cover on their side of the alleyway.

*gobbles menacingly*

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2015, 08:50:52 pm »

Try to find where the shots are coming from. We're in the future, we have something that lets us see out of cover without exposing ourselves, right?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2015, 01:34:10 am »

Throw a 'nade their way and be ready pick off any who show up in my sights.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2015, 08:51:32 am »

Ignore suicidal NCO, keep following the civilian.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »

//@Twinwolf Nope, you do not.

Twinwolf:
You dive behind a waist-high wall of concrete as more and more shots continue to be fired. Bullets whiz around you and splatter against the ground as your friendly soldiers yell and command and die. You peek over and see that the enemy has set up along the street to the west and in buildings on the sides of the street.

Hawk132:
You take out a grenade and throw it at the enemies behind cover behind a dumpster, but it bounces the wrong way and explodes on the wrong side, doing no damage. An enemy runs into the alleyway and your squad mate drops him.

Pancaek:
You run down the steps after the civilian. "I'll close it, go!" you hear your NCO yell, before he throws down your squad mate and shuts the door. The shooting grows more intense above ground. The civilian pulls a lamp off the wall and begins walking down the tunnel.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2015, 05:47:51 pm »

If I have another grenade - throw that towards the enemies. If not - wait for them to pop out of cover and into my sights.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2015, 07:02:54 pm »

Is there any way around them? Also, grenade into the nearest enemy held buildings, if they're close enough.
Sigtext!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2015, 06:59:54 pm »

Hawk132:
You grab another grenade and throw it at the enemies behind the dumpster. An enemy runs out to throw it away, but only manages to toss it a few inches away before it explodes and fills him with shrapnel. He does, however, save the others behind the dumpster, who get up and fire a few shots at you, pinning you down.

"Command we need that evac here right fucking now!" you hear your squad mate say.

"Roger that, 3-2. Evac teams are on the ground and are currently pushing towards your location. They'll be there soon."

Twinwolf:
You check your surroundings for a way around the enemies. You see a few alleyways on the sides of the streets, but taking them would be almost useless as the enemies you are engaging are directly in front of your targets.

You grab a grenade from your belt and run forward to your next piece of cover, throwing it as you run. It bounces off the wall the enemies are using as cover, and blows up, sending shrapnel into a friendly who'd been about to breach the house. The enemies pop back up over their cover and begin throwing shots at you as you dive into cover just in front of their position.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13