Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54756 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory
« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2015, 09:02:57 pm »

Easiest game of my life.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2015, 09:51:42 pm »

Dirty scummy bastards wanted to kill me  :o also thought I was jailor, which was rather amusing. I just wanted more from 4mask with that vote heh. Pressure votes are kind of awesome, apparently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:54 pm »

The RNG left me with no other option  :-[
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2015, 10:53:17 pm »

Good game everyone. I guess it's a good thing that I switched to a TolyK vote at the end :P.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2015, 11:02:40 pm »

Bah?
Very lucky game for town, which made us play extra-aggressive. I wouldn't have been gunning that much for ATH that badly if we actually had a kill N1... Though at certain points a was nearly convinced he was scum myself. >.<

Anyways GGWP.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (7/9) - Night 2
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2015, 11:31:02 pm »

PPE2: And that is the Shakerag I was expecting. I hope you realize that because you weren't being a sarcastic ass (meant in the nicest possible way of course :P :))) that I thought you were up to something awful.
I was up to something awful!  Awful for the scumteam ... >_>

Honestly though, I was trying to keep a lower profile than usual because I really really really did not want to eat the N2 NK.

I do want to know if the ICs + Shakerag have any issue with how I was questioning OSG about his assumption and the 2/3 pages after it. I don't know if it I'm just being self-conscious or what, but during it I felt I was being quite anti-town with how hell bent I was on trying to get him the explain himself :-\
Meh.  I've seen worse.  Might have gone a bit more smoothly if you had tried to re-frame the questions and tackle it from a different angle?  It did kind of feel like you were just banging your head on a wall.

Dirty scummy bastards wanted to kill me  :o also thought I was jailor, which was rather amusing. I just wanted more from 4mask with that vote heh. Pressure votes are kind of awesome, apparently.
Indeed.  I tend to liberally use them, along with a bullshit reason for voting said person.  Then you pay careful attention to how they react.

Good game everyone. I guess it's a good thing that I switched to a TolyK vote at the end :P.
MVP of the game here, folks.

OK! First 12 pages finished. Here are my thoughts so far...

Just from looking at the threat title, I already know that there is a jail keeper. I also know that ATH claims cop and claims he investigated someone last night.
i investigated tomasque it said he was town/notmafia

I find this situation highly unlikely for the following reason.

We know that the Jailkeeper and the scum must have voted for the same person. Under normal circumstances, there is a very low chance of this happening. I find it more likely that both of them voted for ATH (because of the Cop Claim) and he therefore survived. This poses on problem however, ATH wouldn't have been able to post an action if that were the case. Because he would have been jailed.

I haven't finished reading though, so I may have missed something blatant.
OSG I have to know.  Did you say you knew there was a jailkeeper here because you really extracted that from the thread title, or did you say that because you saw you got blocked in scumchat?

hector13, I think you can likely graduate from the beginner's games.
Megggas, if this was your first game, then you did pretty well. 
TolyK, get gud.  I was actually starting to question whether ATH could have been incompetent scum after a while because you were kind of insistent.  But then I looked at your posts and saw practically zero outgoing questions.  Technically that was half a pressure vote and half just a "I'm going to put my vote here for now until I can find something better to do with it" that just kind of lazily stretched the whole day. 
OSG, I think there were more opportunities to give out advice than you thought there were.  Even late into the game.

If anyone has any specific questions about play/posts in this game, or questions in general I'll field them as best as I can.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:58 pm »

I was at school when I replaced in, my school blocks quicktopic, so I had no idea there was a jailer.

Also, I didn't know how to IC at all, but I think I have a better idea now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2015, 12:02:27 am »

The ATH focusing is definitely not my playstyle - it was initially due to a sudden lack of time, and later I kinda wanted to see how long I could get away with it (pretty long, actually, though it turned counterproductive).

Plus the only thing representative of my playstyle (scum or town) was not asking many questions. :p

Shakerag, it's really hard to read you due to you keeping many of your suspicions to yourself. :|

We thought Hector was scum due to him immediately attacking 4mask D2.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2015, 01:32:03 am »

Shakerag, it's really hard to read you due to you keeping many of your suspicions to yourself. :|
Yeah, I was totally doing that on purpose this game.  Low profile, yeah?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »

Any tips for how I can improve my play?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2015, 04:11:50 pm »

I didn't really see any major flaws. I would recommend more games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2015, 04:17:18 pm »

Sry, just got time to reply to this. That was fun, sorry about tunnelling Hector13, still think we should have lynched him, then OSG if hec was town, despite this being the worse option. :P

Btw, ATH/Mickey, the voice recognition thing is great, and you seem more flowing and expressive, very useful for mafia.

GG all, second BM out of two to end with only one town dead for me. Bit atrociously lucky, I guess, but fun.

I bet I'd have been taken in by OSG claiming jester.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 18, 2015, 04:23:31 pm »

Any tips for how I can improve my play?
Nothing glaringly bad stood out to me.  I'd say you just need more practice at this point.

Also, I'd recommend trimming down your quoted text a bit.  Seems like you were semi-often quoting huge blocks which made it hard to read through.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:33 pm »

Any tips for me to improve my play?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 18, 2015, 11:06:13 pm »

Don't claim your power role unless you have good information to share.

I know it worked this time, but you got lucky punk 8). Next time, it probably won't end well.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45