Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55047 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Ah come on, the scum are going to kill him overnight anyway. No way they let the only person to claim cop live two consecutive nights! You'd be better getting rid of NJW today, he's way more scummy.
This post mainly. I hope you can see why I came to that conclusion. Afterwards, you kept insisting that I vote for NJW, so I voted for you.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shakerag:  What is your opinion of TolyK's case against ATH?  You quoted parts of it in one of your replies to him, but you didn't say how you viewed it overall.

AbstractTraitorHero:
To solve my typing and formatting problems do any of you know of an app where i can just say the words instead of typing them.

Also I random voted becuase i find njw2000 suspicious. Which I've stated before and given some reasons and I've also stated I'm worried greatly that if hector is scum he could destroy the town. I couldn't choose between the two after reading through this whole thing 6 times.
 Analyzing all their posts and I was still at an impasse at which was scum. So i decided I'd let luck tell me becuase i would not be able to vote at 1:00/1:30pm time due to school thus at around 6:00am i opened random.org and randomized it between 2 numbers.
1 was hector13 2 was njw2000 it ended up a 2 but now that we have until Monday I'll keep rereading the thread and reading your posts to figure out who's scum.

Unvote
Now that i have more time i can analyze more and come to a solider conclusion not based off luck.
1.  You'd probably be better off googling "Speech to Text App for [Insert Phone Here]".
2.  Did you actually read through this entire thread that many times, or just hector13 and NJW2000's posts?
3.  You said near the beginning of Day 1 that you get mad when people lurk and said that you would analyze their posts for scum tells.  Have you analyzed TheDarkStar's posts yet?

origamiscienceguyEarlier, you wanted to enforce "Lynch all Liars".  What's your opinion of "Lynch all Lurkers"?

hector13:  Have you looked through any of NJW2000's previous games to gain a better idea of how he usually plays?  If so, how does his behavior in this game compare with his behavior in previous games?

NJW2000:  In the event we lynch hector13 and he comes up town, who do you think would be the next most suspicious person?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lynch all lurkers is much more difficult. I know that TDS can usually only post during one part of the day, but his extended dissapearence is disconcerting. I wouldn't waste a day voting for him unless you really don't know who else to vote for.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

OSG
Ah come on, the scum are going to kill him overnight anyway. No way they let the only person to claim cop live two consecutive nights! You'd be better getting rid of NJW today, he's way more scummy.
This post mainly. I hope you can see why I came to that conclusion. Afterwards, you kept insisting that I vote for NJW, so I voted for you.

That's fair enough, I felt it was a reasonable conclusion to draw given that ATH is the only player to claim cop. Ill thought out, of course, the scum could either kill ATH to implicate me, or not kill ATH to implicate ATH.

I believe to what you are referring in regards to my insistence are the questions you asked me after the post you quoted, specifically reasons why you should vote NJW. At no point did I ever insist that you vote for NJW outside of the quoted post, though.

Speaking of information we don't have, though:

The fact that every vanilla townie has only one weapon, a vote. And just because he uses his vote on you does not warrant an all-out attempt to undermine their only power. You are reacting in the completely wrong way to someone voting for you. You should be making arguments to counter his own rather than flailing around random scum-tells to a completely townie action.

What makes you say that NJW is a VT?

Megas
hector13:  Have you looked through any of NJW2000's previous games to gain a better idea of how he usually plays?  If so, how does his behavior in this game compare with his behavior in previous games?

I have not, but that's mostly because I'm not a big fan of meta-analysis.

It might be a good idea to do it, though, but not 'til tomorrow, since it's late now. I think he mentioned only playing in one other game... BM LVI, yes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His actions are completely reasonable for a vanilla townie to do. You seemed to already know that he was scum. Which usually implies you are a power role, or scum. It wouldn't make sense for you to be cop, since you would have told everybody about your find, and it wouldn't make sense if you were doctor, since you would stay quiet if you knew he was scum and keep role-blocking him. So I thought you were scum who was just trying to get someone out.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Shakerag:  What is your opinion of TolyK's case against ATH?  You quoted parts of it in one of your replies to him, but you didn't say how you viewed it overall.

AbstractTraitorHero:
To solve my typing and formatting problems do any of you know of an app where i can just say the words instead of typing them.

Also I random voted becuase i find njw2000 suspicious. Which I've stated before and given some reasons and I've also stated I'm worried greatly that if hector is scum he could destroy the town. I couldn't choose between the two after reading through this whole thing 6 times.
 Analyzing all their posts and I was still at an impasse at which was scum. So i decided I'd let luck tell me becuase i would not be able to vote at 1:00/1:30pm time due to school thus at around 6:00am i opened random.org and randomized it between 2 numbers.
1 was hector13 2 was njw2000 it ended up a 2 but now that we have until Monday I'll keep rereading the thread and reading your posts to figure out who's scum.

Unvote
Now that i have more time i can analyze more and come to a solider conclusion not based off luck.
1.  You'd probably be better off googling "Speech to Text App for [Insert Phone Here]".
2.  Did you actually read through this entire thread that many times, or just hector13 and NJW2000's posts?
3.  You said near the beginning of Day 1 that you get mad when people lurk and said that you would analyze their posts for scum tells.  Have you analyzed TheDarkStar's posts yet?

origamiscienceguyEarlier, you wanted to enforce "Lynch all Liars".  What's your opinion of "Lynch all Lurkers"?

NJW2000:  In the event we lynch hector13 and he comes up town, who do you think would be the next most suspicious person?
1 okay I'll do that
2 i habe read through the entire thread that many times yes but i usually skipped rereading my own posts in that.

3 I've Read his posts but no read on him I'm thinking I'll see if he has played any mafia games on the forum get a better feel for how he plays and compare it to this game.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

NJW
Working from my Hector-is-scum theory (I was asked to do this earlier, didn't find the time), sort of, I noticed that this post could resemble a fakeclaiming scum's rapid switch away from his scumbuddy, as advised by a more experienced player, if Hector and ATH were both scum. Just something to think about.
Hec's pressing of him in this time would then be an effort to further distance them in case of a lynching.

I'm going to point out the continuation of the tunnel-vision/confirmation bias claim I have against you. Not a good way to scumhunt, as I've said so many times before...
Okaay, maybe I misinterpreted this
Chainsaw defence? The bit where he voted for me? Erm, I did reply to that: he basically told me he thought my argument made no sense.

I tried to put it in clearer terms.

And again, the WIFOM "so town he must be scum" factors in my thinking a bit - it means that some scumtells/towntells like posting a lot/not posting are less important when the scum may actually have a plan.

Friends over, probs won't be able to post more, especially not get any good reads, till tommorrow.

Chainsaw defense: attacking someone who is attacking someone else, in an effort to defend that someone else. It's generally regarded as a scummy action, because town players don't know who the other town players are.

The fact I'm also voting TDS while he's doing that is also noteworthy, at least to me. What does TDS have to say on this?

I'd also like to remind you, NJW, there are still two scum players out there. Who are you going after next to find the other scum player?
And this:
NJW2000:  If you're right about hector13 being scum, then who do you believe might be his partner?
So maybe I shouldn't have done that.

One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also (pressed post rather than preview),

Snipped

Hector, not much time so not much of a question, but why the third person? Isn;t it a sign of madness or being Julius Caeser or something? More relevantly, it does look like you copy/pasted this from a scumchat, not that I don't have reservations about this theory.

Would you mind telling us why you think I wasn't trying to draw attention to myself? Your second sentence seems to imply that.
I meant that the large exchange we had was started by me putting together and posting a scumread on you. At first, you mostly replied and counter-questioned, that is all. In other words: I started it, you had little choice about the attention this brought to you.

ATH, due to copclaiming, changing stuff on PMS, not scumhunting a huge amount, etc. But I have my reservations about this as it might be rather scrappy noob town play, and I'm having trouble telling which. I've found
Megggas:
Back at a computer, once again.  Also, the lurker tracker says that TheDarkStar hasn't posted in 48 hours.  He's supposed to get a warning, right?
[Indeed.  Usually you just request a prod from the moderator.]

Quote from: Megggas
Shakerag & ICs:  What are the best type of scum hunting questions to ask?
[The ones that catch scum, of course!  Seriously though, it's kind of hard to just categorize.  Although I can say anything that isn't an RVS-type question.  Ask about current and relevant parts of the game.  Ask for analyses, ask for motives/reasons a player did something, challenge someone's argument ... Otherwise all I can really recommend is to go through the board and read some non-beginner's games.  Especially the ones in the notable games archive.  Obviously prioritize the ones that specifically mention good play.]
I did find Shakerag's double-IC answer without any scumhunting disconcerting recently.

Oh and nevermind
Hector13 i didn't actually investigate you thats what i get for not saving pms i send
Actually i investigated Tomasque he is Innocent/not mafia

Ah. Who reminded you to say that?
the GMs pm dident go through. And i only got the results a minute or two ago
Working from my Hector-is-scum theory (I was asked to do this earlier, didn't find the time), sort of, I noticed that this post could resemble a fakeclaiming scum's rapid switch away from his scumbuddy, as advised by a more experienced player, if Hector and ATH were both scum. Just something to think about.
Hec's pressing of him in this time would then be an effort to further distance them in case of a lynching.
Hm, interesting theory.  If that's true, then that whole "Late PM/Forgot who I investigated" story was just a cover so that he'd have an excuse to change who he "investigated".  But why would the scum IC advise him to do that?  Ultimately, that just brought more suspicion on him.
I suppose that's true, it did make him look worse. Perhaps he would have done it himself in that case?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shakerag:

This and this were your last two posts, in two days, one post each day or so. You used, in this, 3 IC voice replies, one "lolz" and one helpful bit of clarification. While you clearly have had time to read and laugh about the game, and help people out, were you out frisking in the meadows too much to ask any questions or provide any contentful comments?

Your previous few posts, though, before that, with the reads, had some content. However you basically give semi-IC advice here and here you're just pressure voting or attacking a lurker or absent. Scanning the game quickly, we get another two IC-only posts, then before those, we have you discussing the night-kill skip/jailor probabilities. In your post before that, you do some fairly academic analysis of the way everyone has voted, and ask two questions. One of which is why I removed an RVS vote d1 then voted hector again d2 :P

You frequently say that you are rereading and analyzing, but if you have time to do that, couldn't you get some scumhunting on in 4 days? I get that you came in at short notice, probably, but nobody actually asked you to IC as far as I'm aware, and your content outside that has been flaky or general to say the least.

So why so little scumhunting, Shakerag?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So this got extended longer than I thought it was.

NJW2000 appears to be the main lynch candidate right now, followed by Hector.

NJW: Can you explain or link to an explanation of your vote on hector13?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you mind telling us why you think I wasn't trying to draw attention to myself? Your second sentence seems to imply that.
I meant that the large exchange we had was started by me putting together and posting a scumread on you. At first, you mostly replied and counter-questioned, that is all. In other words: I started it, you had little choice about the attention this brought to you.

Unvote

Indeed. Did I have to respond to it? No. Did I have to respond to your response? No. There was a great deal of choice on my part to correct your erroneous read, but you ignored it several times, which is what lead to me scumreading you.

Equally so, I was looking for attention before that, especially toward the end of D1. If I was so weary of drawing attention to myself, why would I ask people to look at me?

His actions are completely reasonable for a vanilla townie to do. You seemed to already know that he was scum. Which usually implies you are a power role, or scum. It wouldn't make sense for you to be cop, since you would have told everybody about your find, and it wouldn't make sense if you were doctor, since you would stay quiet if you knew he was scum and keep role-blocking him. So I thought you were scum who was just trying to get someone out.

You seem to already know he's a VT, which is impossible without a flip... unless, of course, you or your rolecop partner investigated NJW N1, OSG.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So this got extended longer than I thought it was.

NJW2000 appears to be the main lynch candidate right now, followed by Hector.

NJW: Can you explain or link to an explanation of your vote on hector13?
Sure, here it is:

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Pfp)
Still waiting for you to answer my questions, TheDarkStar.

I noticed that 4maskedwolf was inactive during the time of night 1.  If he was scum, it could be that he didn't submit a NK.  Though, I suppose his scumbuddy would have submitted the NK instead, unless he was also inactive at the time. 

Origamiscienceguy, what is your read on TheDarkStar?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pfp

TDS, what are your reads on Shakerag and OSG, and why?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hector, I never said I knew he was a VT. I just know that his actions were completely reasonable for a VT to do...Which is something you failed to notice.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45