Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55137 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Not really. Again, one post is not relentless, nor is it incessant, but other than that you missed two of the questions. Your opinion on my D1 play, and the random scumtells I was throwing about.

Equally so, you mentioned choosing between ATH and myself to vote againt, suggesting you think we're the two scummiest players. The scum team also has two players. I would then assume that you think ATH and I are the scum team, yet you claim that you don't know who my scum partner might be. Why is that?
I don't think that the two players who are calling the most attention to themselves are scum together.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

PFP

Are you going over my posts to get a more recently formed opinion on my play during D1?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

First off, changing claims very quickly, both in results (though likely a mod mistake/timing thing/his incompetence) and saying who he targeted.

Could you elaborate on this?  If he's not the real cop, how could it have been a mod mistake?  What do you mean by "timing thing"?

(Pfp)
I mean that it could definitely be the mod sending PM's after opening the day that caused part of that ("I was jailed, oh wait here are results). The part where he said why he inspected Hector is still ballers.

Back at a computer, once again.  Also, the lurker tracker says that TheDarkStar hasn't posted in 48 hours.  He's supposed to get a warning, right?

Shakerag & ICs:  What are the best type of scum hunting questions to ask?
I'm glad this question wasn't addressed to me, but: IMO, questions that require at least two of reasoning, knowledge (of the game) and "feeling" to answer. That way there isn't a "right answer" and scum might give themselves away by accidentally using information they already have.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

PPE: Glad because I thought I didn't have a good answer, but apparently I did.

Also, I'll reread certain posts which caught my attention tomorrow, but right now I'm just burned out on everything. :|
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First off, changing claims very quickly, both in results (though likely a mod mistake/timing thing/his incompetence) and saying who he targeted.

Could you elaborate on this?  If he's not the real cop, how could it have been a mod mistake?  What do you mean by "timing thing"?

(Pfp)
I mean that it could definitely be the mod sending PM's after opening the day that caused part of that ("I was jailed, oh wait here are results). The part where he said why he inspected Hector is still ballers.
Only the cop and rolecop get pmed a result from their action, so he'd have to be one of those roles to know about the late pms (unless he made up the whole thing).  If you're right about him being scum, then that would mean he's the rolecop.  But, if he is the rolecop and got his pm late, why would that cause him to quickly change who he claimed to investigate and his investigation result?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Are you going over my posts to get a more recently formed opinion on my play during D1?
No. Because I don't have enough time. When I read the game twice, nothing of your play stood out to me as scummy. NJW's reports on you didn't catch my attention either, so I doubt rereading your posts in depth will change my opinion about you.

By the way, I'll be absent almost all of tomorrow because of a university visit.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

(Pfp)
Only the cop and rolecop get pmed a result from their action, so he'd have to be one of those roles to know about the late pms (unless he made up the whole thing).  If you're right about him being scum, then that would mean he's the rolecop.  But, if he is the rolecop and got his pm late, why would that cause him to quickly change who he claimed to investigate and his investigation result?
Cop or rolecop?

((Quick post as late again))

Megggas:

Tomasque/Shakerag has been cleared by ATH.  I found Tomasque's behavior during Day 1 suspicious, but Shakerag just got here and he's already providing useful content and metrics.  Even if ATH ends up being a fraud, I'm inclined to believe Shakerag is town.
What do you mean by fraud here? If ATH is scum, wouldn't that make anybody he claimed to clear suspiscious automatically?

Also:
Oh and nevermind
Hector13 i didn't actually investigate you thats what i get for not saving pms i send
Actually i investigated Tomasque he is Innocent/not mafia

Ah. Who reminded you to say that?
the GMs pm dident go through. And i only got the results a minute or two ago
Working from my Hector-is-scum theory (I was asked to do this earlier, didn't find the time), sort of, I noticed that this post could resemble a fakeclaiming scum's rapid switch away from his scumbuddy, as advised by a more experienced player, if Hector and ATH were both scum. Just something to think about.
Hec's pressing of him in this time would then be an effort to further distance them in case of a lynching.

Not really. Again, one post is not relentless, nor is it incessant, but other than that you missed two of the questions. Your opinion on my D1 play, and the random scumtells I was throwing about.

Equally so, you mentioned choosing between ATH and myself to vote againt, suggesting you think we're the two scummiest players. The scum team also has two players. I would then assume that you think ATH and I are the scum team, yet you claim that you don't know who my scum partner might be. Why is that?
I don't think that the two players who are calling the most attention to themselves are scum together.
OSG: what, aside from a general lot of posting, makes you think Hector wishes to call attention to himself (which is subtly different, I believe, from putting content out there or posting a lot)? His massive exchange with me certainly didn't seem to be of his choosing.
One wheel short of a wagon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think it was a particular goal of his to do so, but I don't think it was a goal of his to not draw attention to himself, which is what scum, especially BM scum, tend to do. It would be almost unheard of for the two people drawing the most attention to themselves to both be scum.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

I don't think it was a particular goal of his to do so, but I don't think it was a goal of his to not draw attention to himself, which is what scum, especially BM scum, tend to do. It would be almost unheard of for the two people drawing the most attention to themselves to both be scum.
Rephrasing: why is he drawing the most attention to himself alongside ath?
One wheel short of a wagon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He got in a pretty heated argument with you. I suppose that ties you with him as drawing attention to himself, but i think you get what I mean.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NJW
Working from my Hector-is-scum theory (I was asked to do this earlier, didn't find the time), sort of, I noticed that this post could resemble a fakeclaiming scum's rapid switch away from his scumbuddy, as advised by a more experienced player, if Hector and ATH were both scum. Just something to think about.
Hec's pressing of him in this time would then be an effort to further distance them in case of a lynching.

I'm going to point out the continuation of the tunnel-vision/confirmation bias claim I have against you. Not a good way to scumhunt, as I've said so many times before...

OSG: what, aside from a general lot of posting, makes you think Hector wishes to call attention to himself (which is subtly different, I believe, from putting content out there or posting a lot)? His massive exchange with me certainly didn't seem to be of his choosing.

Would you mind telling us why you think I wasn't trying to draw attention to myself? Your second sentence seems to imply that.

OSG
No. Because I don't have enough time. When I read the game twice, nothing of your play stood out to me as scummy. NJW's reports on you didn't catch my attention either, so I doubt rereading your posts in depth will change my opinion about you.

So you're only really scumreading me for lazily trying to draw your vote onto the player I find the scummiest?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do not think you are lazy. I think that you seemed desperate to get people to vote NJW, which leads me to believe that you have information we don't, or you just don't like how he voted for you.

In case you haven't noticed, I have unvoted you already.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Pfp)
Cop or rolecop?

Quote from: OP
The only role that receives the success of their results in this setup is the Cop and Rolecop. All other roles are not informed if they were successful or not.
If I misunderstood your question, let me know.

Megggas:

Tomasque/Shakerag has been cleared by ATH.  I found Tomasque's behavior during Day 1 suspicious, but Shakerag just got here and he's already providing useful content and metrics.  Even if ATH ends up being a fraud, I'm inclined to believe Shakerag is town.
What do you mean by fraud here? If ATH is scum, wouldn't that make anybody he claimed to clear suspiscious automatically?
1.  By "fraud" I meant lying fakeclaiming scum.
2.  Well, I figured that a skilled fake-claiming scum could clear people for a variety of reasons and utilize WIFOM to mess with the town if he was caught.  On the other hand, this is ATH we're talking about here, so you have a point.  Considering his mistakes and poor play throughout this game, if he's scum, he might actually have been shortsighted enough to clear his scum partner.
3.  Regarding Shakerag:  I was impressed by the data he provided, which was why I was already viewing him favorably.  In retrospect, it was far too early for me to think Shakerag was town.

Oh and nevermind
Hector13 i didn't actually investigate you thats what i get for not saving pms i send
Actually i investigated Tomasque he is Innocent/not mafia

Ah. Who reminded you to say that?
the GMs pm dident go through. And i only got the results a minute or two ago
Hm, interesting theory.  If that's true, then that whole "Late PM/Forgot who I investigated" story was just a cover so that he'd have an excuse to change who he "investigated".  But why would the scum IC advise him to do that?  Ultimately, that just brought more suspicion on him.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP (from last statement of previous post):

Hm, interesting theory.  If that's true, then that whole "Late PM/Forgot who I investigated" story was just a cover so that he'd have an excuse to change who he "investigated".  But why would the scum IC advise him to do that?  Ultimately, that just brought more suspicion on him.  What would have been the problem with just saying he tried to investigate hector13 but was blocked?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do not think you are lazy. I think that you seemed desperate to get people to vote NJW, which leads me to believe that you have information we don't, or you just don't like how he voted for you.

In case you haven't noticed, I have unvoted you already.

I know, I know... just clearing things up. I was being lazy, not desperate. Two more questions:

1 What struck you as desperate in my attempt to get you to vote NJW?

2 What made it seem that I had more information than the rest of the town?

I don't mind that he voted for me, the reasons for it bother me. His refusal to heed my defense in any way suggested to me that he didn't care if I was town. (confirmation bias)

Given the nature of the game though, I'm beginning to like that reason for voting him less and less, but the only other candidates I have are ATH, who may or may not be the cop, and TDS, who is likely going to be replaced and is otherwise not very active. NJW's active lurking doesn't sit well with me, busy or not, and that makes him seem scummiest, for the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45