Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55068 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed the random coin flip for who to vote. Whoo?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

hector13:
A lot of it kind of comes down to experience and gut feeling.  ATH's behavior matches with other over-eager town newbies that I've seen before.  Megggas is giving off a helpful town vibe.  Looking up notes from previous scumchats and things like that.

You?  Your posts are very detailed and highly polished.  Now that could just be your style (goodness knows I preview my posts half a dozen times before submitting), but scum players will often be very careful about posting and making sure there's no little detail they've overlooked that could be a slip.  Town players are more likely to shitpost because they're not as worried about trying to hide something and they're more focused on getting content out there.

I'm just anxiety-ridden in general, particularly when I'm interacting with other people and expecting judgement, so yeah, I tend to preview my posts a lot and make sure I'm getting across what I want to get across.

You've obviously been busting NJW2000's balls for a while, so what is your read on TolyK and TheDarkStar?

TDS is one I've been suspicious of for a while, but I've been suspicious of him in every game of mafia I've played with him, so that kind of tempers my read a bit. He has been reasonably good with questions when he does post, but the lack of sustained pressure on anyone, and what I suspect was a chainsaw defense earlier is bothersome. He's in my top 3 scumreads, anyway. Has posted a lot outside the thread during the game, too.

Tolyk I'm less sure about. NJW pressing me about questioning inactive players had me avoiding that, which I know is ridiculous. Seems convinced that ATH is scum, and hasn't really moved beyond that since D2 start. Null, leaning scum.

Furthermore, while you've obviously spent a large amount of time compiling links and stuffing words into paragraphs like Paula Deen stuffs her face with sticks of butter, I can say that my (and quite possibly other players') eyes glaze over when presented with such a huge amount of info.  Brevity being the soul of wit and all, can you sum up your case on NJW2000 in a paragraph?

I only really have two strong scumtell-esque things on NJW, which is his tunnel-vision on me/confirmation bias when he ignored my explanations for my play, and active lurking. I think I'm the only player in the game NJW has really gone after.

Tolyk I think your points in D were in reference to me. The post immediately before ATH's response I asked him why he thought NJW and I were scummy to him. I think that's also what he was (repeating) talking about in the G spoiler.

Equally so, you've been quite single-minded in your pursuit of ATH as scum. Who do you think is his scum partner, and why?

Also, I think Shakerag's questions were directed to me, but thanks for the ATH read summary anyway :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (8/9)
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

Votecount:
*Shakerag - (0)
*NJW2000 - Hector13 AbstractTraitorHero TheDarkStar (3)
*AbstractTraitorHero - Tolyk (1)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - NJW2000 oragamiscienceguy (2)
*Tolyk - Shakerag (1)
*oragamiscienceguy - (0)
*TheDarkStar - Megggas (1)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting:

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Monday, November 15th.  There are zero extensions available.

((Sorry for all the mistakes, I've been sick the past few days))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:09:26 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Mafia for ADHD

Why is Hector13 scum?

-He only (until challenged on this) attacked either the 2 least active or the 2 most suspiscious players in any major way, d1 and d2 start.

-His other posts were very numerous, though most of them could come under the category of "active lurking" to some extent: short and obvious or generic questions, encouragement of posting and polite forum and mafia help. (All good in themselves.)

-When challenged on this, he put together a large attack on the person who tried to scumhunt him (me), misconstruing things I have said rather dramatically. (I am not making more posts on this unless asked or I really feel I need to, as I am trying to be more active in other ways, and have limited time. Some glaring errors in his attack can be found here)

-He was very hostile to my attack, and accused me of tunneling. I feel I replied as well as I was able. He has also tried to make me look a bit scummier than I am in other ways: hypocrisy as a scum tell, pumping up evidence against me disproportionately (See here)

Not a scumtell, but in the post down from that, he talks about himself in the third person, which is super-weird. Kinda looks like a badly copypasted english character analysis homework :P

Can't post much more on anything much, distinct lack of time atm, might be able to be quite a bit more active over the weekend. Oh, and Hector? I haven't been able to post/read a lot in d1, and tbh, I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with you let alone scumhunting other players; hence the "figure out the flaws in his argument yourselves" thing.
One wheel short of a wagon

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2015, 05:04:59 pm »

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - Hector13 TheDarkStar AbstractTraitorHero (3)
*AbstractTraitorHero - Tolyk (1)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - NJW2000 oragamiscienceguy (2)
*Tolyk - Shakerag (1)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - Megggas (1)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: TheDarkStar

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Monday, November 15th.  There are zero extensions available.
Thedarkstar is voting for njw, and tomasque has been replaced with shakerag.  Meh, not major typos or anything, just thought I'd let you know.

(pfp)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

TolyK:
Apparently he is suspicious of the player he cleared?
I -think- ATH's reply here was directed at hector13, even if it does look weird.
Yeah, what hector13 said.

ಠ_ಠ
lolz

hector13:
Tolyk I'm less sure about. NJW pressing me about questioning inactive players had me avoiding that, which I know is ridiculous. Seems convinced that ATH is scum, and hasn't really moved beyond that since D2 start. Null, leaning scum.
[While it is seen as scummy to only go after the lurkers and "easy targets", don't let that prevent you from calling out something that you think needs calling out.  Calling attention to lurkers is usually not a bad thing so long as you accompany it with scumhunting other players.]

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

To solve my typing and formatting problems do any of you know of an app where i can just say the words instead of typing them.

Also I random voted becuase i find njw2000 suspicious. Which I've stated before and given some reasons and I've also stated I'm worried greatly that if hector is scum he could destroy the town. I couldn't choose between the two after reading through this whole thing 6 times.
 Analyzing all their posts and I was still at an impasse at which was scum. So i decided I'd let luck tell me becuase i would not be able to vote at 1:00/1:30pm time due to school thus at around 6:00am i opened random.org and randomized it between 2 numbers.
1 was hector13 2 was njw2000 it ended up a 2 but now that we have until Monday I'll keep rereading the thread and reading your posts to figure out who's scum.

Unvote
Now that i have more time i can analyze more and come to a solider conclusion not based off luck.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-When challenged on this, he put together a large attack on the person who tried to scumhunt him (me), misconstruing things I have said rather dramatically. (I am not making more posts on this unless asked or I really feel I need to, as I am trying to be more active in other ways, and have limited time. Some glaring errors in his attack can be found here)

-He was very hostile to my attack, and accused me of tunneling. I feel I replied as well as I was able. He has also tried to make me look a bit scummier than I am in other ways: hypocrisy as a scum tell, pumping up evidence against me disproportionately (See here)

I would like to point out that I attacked NJW a little over 2 RL days after his initial "I think Hector is scum post", and only after he ignored my explanations of my play, which frustrated me greatly.

Can't post much more on anything much, distinct lack of time atm, might be able to be quite a bit more active over the weekend. Oh, and Hector? I haven't been able to post/read a lot in d1, and tbh, I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with you let alone scumhunting other players; hence the "figure out the flaws in his argument yourselves" thing.

I don't think you need to keep up with me anymore. We all know you think I'm scum and you seem unlikely to change your mind based on anything I say, so your attention would be best served finding "my" scum partner. Solving the game is better than getting only half the team lynched, yes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back at a computer, once again.  Also, the lurker tracker says that TheDarkStar hasn't posted in 48 hours.  He's supposed to get a warning, right?

Shakerag & ICs:  What are the best type of scum hunting questions to ask?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

You usually use questions after you have a vague idea about someone being scum. If you see a contradiction, ask them about it (and vote for them if you want a quicker response.) Anything of their posts that you think are suspicious, ask them about it. Don't ask about their role because that makes you look like scum.

Hector has gone back to some better scumhunting, so Unvote

For me, my top 2 picks are ATH and Hector. Not sure which one I'll end up voting for at the end of the day. We'll see.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also a reminder to OSG, in case he missed it:

Hm, that is an interesting point.  What's your opinion on the Day 1 play of hector13?  If hector13 is scum, who do you think might be his partner?  You said that hector13 was throwing about random scumtells rather actual arguments against NJW2000.  Could you give some specific examples of this?

Fairly important to look at that, if he intends to vote for me, I think.

PFP, with great disdain for having to do so.

I think you missed a bit, OSG

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

I don't know who your scum partner may be. I don't think it is NJW, but other than that, I think it could be anybody. I don't see anything particularly scummy from you except for your incessant demand that I vote NJW, which you stopped. I didn't have anything else, so I unvoted. Are you happy?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really. Again, one post is not relentless, nor is it incessant, but other than that you missed two of the questions. Your opinion on my D1 play, and the random scumtells I was throwing about.

Equally so, you mentioned choosing between ATH and myself to vote againt, suggesting you think we're the two scummiest players. The scum team also has two players. I would then assume that you think ATH and I are the scum team, yet you claim that you don't know who my scum partner might be. Why is that?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First off, changing claims very quickly, both in results (though likely a mod mistake/timing thing/his incompetence) and saying who he targeted.

Could you elaborate on this?  If he's not the real cop, how could it have been a mod mistake?  What do you mean by "timing thing"?

(Pfp)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Megggas:
Back at a computer, once again.  Also, the lurker tracker says that TheDarkStar hasn't posted in 48 hours.  He's supposed to get a warning, right?
[Indeed.  Usually you just request a prod from the moderator.]

Quote from: Megggas
[The ones that catch scum, of course!  Seriously though, it's kind of hard to just categorize.  Although I can say anything that isn't an RVS-type question.  Ask about current and relevant parts of the game.  Ask for analyses, ask for motives/reasons a player did something, challenge someone's argument ... Otherwise all I can really recommend is to go through the board and read some non-beginner's games.  Especially the ones in the notable games archive.  Obviously prioritize the ones that specifically mention good play.]
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45