Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54902 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Correct, but my point still stands.

Which point? That there's a jailor?

Just because someone didn't die doesn't mean there's a jailor, especially considering ATH claimed a result. ATH would have been the best choice for the jailor and the scum, so the result does suggest there's no jailor. Why the scum would, in that instance, not kill ATH is bizarre also, but not something we can rule out.

What are your thoughts on that then, OSG?

Also, NJW, you now seem to be trying to prove I'm scum through absence of evidence... that seems a bit silly, especially considering a) I already said I didn't pressure Tolyk, Megas or Tomasque and b) you're not applying that as a scumtell to other players in the game. That's (for lack of a better word) discriminatory.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2015, 02:13:27 pm »

WAIT A SECOND!!!
I'M ALIVE! cue dancing
Yeah i didn't receive any results so the jailor had to have jailed me

So the question is how should we procced to find scum?
AND LATER...
i investigated tomasque it said he was town/notmafia

AbstractTraitorhero This is a complete contradiction. Lynch all Liars.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An IC indulging in policy lynching? Okay...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Questins for townies
1. Do you believe I'm cop?
2. Who feels most suspicious?
3. Why was their no scum kill night 1?
4. Who feels most town?
5. Who do you think i should investigate/inspect (if you believe I'm cop)?
Not answering because am scum.
/jokes
1. 50/50 cop with no idea what he's doing/scum being used expertly by his partner.
2. *raises hand*
3. Either abistence, same JK + MK target, or killer was JK'd
4. Have said, Megggas.
5. Well... Megggas, to confirm a decent and active town player, would probably be best.

Ninja'd:
An IC indulging in policy lynching? Okay...
TBH, he has more points on him that that. But yeah, IC policy lynching is a bit strange. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here, Tolyk! >:(

You said you thought ATH is scum, how does that suddenly morph into you being 50/50 on him being cop?

Further:
5. Well... Megggas, to confirm a decent and active town player, would probably be best.

Why is confirming town better than finding scum?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

I don't see any reason why the scum wouldn't use their power. Which means that the scum was either role blocked, or their target was protected. My point was that ATH was possibly lying about his night find, which is now confirmed by his contradiction.

ATH, why did you lie about your night result?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just because you don't see a reason for the scum not using their power, doesn't mean there isn't a reason they wouldn't NK someone. The existence of a jailor is still up in the air, much the same as ATH's cop claim.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questins for townies
Do you believe I'm cop?
Who feels most suspicious?
Why was their no scum kill night 1?
Who feels most town?
Who do you think i should investigate/inspect (if you believe I'm cop)?

Mostly, but not entirely.
You, hector13, NJW2000, and Megggas.
Probably the jailor.
I see myself as the most town. After that, TolyK, hector13, Tomasque, and maybe OSG (although he's more of a null read).
NJW.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand how I can be your second scum read and your second town read at the same time, apparently. How and why?

Also ATH, 'cause I'm going to end up voting for you at some point during the day unless someone manages to appear more scummy, however that might happen.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Can't post much now due to sleep.

I don't understand how I can be your second scum read and your second town read at the same time, apparently. How and why?
Jeez christ, I'm not gonna answer for him, cause people said I shouldn't do that, but talk about being active while saying nothing! I doubt the answer's going to be anything interesting, but I'll not say what he might. Quiz me on this later, if you like, I'm just not giving reasons now.
NinO,NR.

Also, NJW, you now seem to be trying to prove I'm scum through absence of evidence... that seems a bit silly, especially considering a) I already said I didn't pressure Tolyk, Megas or Tomasque and b) you're not applying that as a scumtell to other players in the game. That's (for lack of a better word) discriminatory.
Yeah, you said that, I get it, I'm not dropping my argument because you admitted the evidence I presented.

Also, the other players either haven't (been able to) post much, or have been defending themselves and trying weird gambits like ATH. While you've been VERY active, and what you've done spontaneously can be put into 4 categories:

Attacking the suspicious
Questioning the inactives
Small questions for active and not too odd players
General helpfulness and calls to post more

The only absent thing here is "attacking the active nonsuspiscious players". As far as I can tell, you've spontaneously covered every other base. Reiterating my argument because... you seem to have forgotten it? It hasn't changed, just got clearer.

TDS: any reasons for investigating me you haven't posted in what has been called your "chainsaw defence"? Or just post them again if you like.

If you think I'm lurking later, I'm doing my RTD.
One wheel short of a wagon

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm back again.

hector13:
Basically Megas has been reasonably active, offering theories and opinions about the goings on in the game, adopting something of a "thinking out loud" approach, and not just saying "this is what I think has happened, so that's what I'm going to push forward with", which is why I take issue with you.

In saying that, Megas, in that linked post you say you think that ATH and Roo are the same alignment. What are your thoughts now?

My thoughts about Roo and ATH being the same alignment?  Since Roo is already confirmed town, this question is basically just "Do you think ATH is town?"  Point #1 of my last post details several of the reasons why I feel ATH is probably town.  If I misunderstood your question, then let me know.

NJW2000:
Oh, and thanks for the scumchats, Meggas, they're here because I took a bit of time to find them.
Ah, sorry about that.  I should have linked to it directly.  Thanks.

origamiscienceguy:
WAIT A SECOND!!!
I'M ALIVE! cue dancing

AND LATER...

You seem to skipped over a post.

Oh and nevermind
Hector13 i didn't actually investigate you thats what i get for not saving pms i send
Actually i investigated Tomasque he is Innocent/not mafia

Ah. Who reminded you to say that?
the GMs pm dident go through. And i only got the results a minute or two ago

What do you think about this?

TolyK:
I'd still like you to answer my questions from earlier.
TolyK:
PPE:
Why is finding the jailor so important?
if the jailor roleblocked the mafia n1 then if we know who tge jailor is we can lynch the scum they blocked last night.
Yeah... no. Giving out who the jailer is practically leaves scum with 1 kill per day, meaning (if you're the real cop) that you only get one more investigation (this night) before dying. Then the odds are pretty bad, given random lynches (i.e. if scumhunting fails to catch scum specifically - chances-based model yadda yadda).
If you're scum, you'd of course want to get the town roles to reveal themselves.
You've consistently shown to advising strategies that benefit the scum team. This is why you are still (now?) my #1 pick.
Why do you feel so strongly about ATH being scum now?  He made dumb mistakes and used faulty reasoning during Day 1 as well, but you seemed more forgiving toward him back then.  For example, you explained one of the reasons why he'd misread stuff.
BTW, ATH has stated he has disgraphia (?), which makes it hard for him to write well (read too?).
You also didn't think it was a good idea to policy-lynch him during Day 2.
Given I haven't had much time lately, and Pfp, I'd say that Roo still stands in my suspicion list, plus ATH should probably not get lynched today, and not policy-lynched tomorrow unless no more info comes out. If he's a cop, having him confirm a townie and then getting lynched to confirm the townie... not the best plan.
What changed?

TheDarkStar:
You also haven't responded to some of my questions.
ATH is giving off a town vibe to me and he's the only one claiming cop. There's still a chance that he's lying and that we only have a jailor, but scum generally don't draw attention to themselves Day 1.

I voted for roo because, while he might have been scum defending his ally, he was also acting like scum trying to push a lynch on someone.

Why mention the fact that roo never made an outright claim if it was implied heavily enough that multiple people asked him about it?

Roo would have voted for ATH if he (roo) was the cop but not if he (roo) was scum. If ATH got lynched and flipped cop, then roo would have been the next lynch; if ATH flipped scum, roo would have been confirmed as cop. Roo's hesitancy to vote for someone he apparently knew to be scum was the main reason that I voted for him.
In your first post of Day 1, you asked Roo why he thought ATH was scum, but it was only a few posts earlier where Roo had declared ATH a troll and unvoted him.  Later, Roo posted a bunch of town reads and a null read on the "troll".  I understand how Roo's hesitancy was suspicious, but how was Roo trying to push a lynch on someone?  Why did you think at the time of your first post that Roo considered ATH to be scum?

Also, would you care to list the reasons for your suspicions and town reads?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jeez christ, I'm not gonna answer for him, cause people said I shouldn't do that, but talk about being active while saying nothing! I doubt the answer's going to be anything interesting, but I'll not say what he might. Quiz me on this later, if you like, I'm just not giving reasons now.
NinO,NR.

Pots and kettles, brah.

Consider it in another sense then: I can be town, or I can be scum. I cannot be both. Thus, when someone tells me I'm second-most town, you can assume that means I'm second-last in their scum reads. Do you understand my question now?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

WAIT A SECOND!!!
I'M ALIVE! cue dancing

AND LATER...

Okay, I'm back again.

hector13:
Basically Megas has been reasonably active, offering theories and opinions about the goings on in the game, adopting something of a "thinking out loud" approach, and not just saying "this is what I think has happened, so that's what I'm going to push forward with", which is why I take issue with you.

In saying that, Megas, in that linked post you say you think that ATH and Roo are the same alignment. What are your thoughts now?

My thoughts about Roo and ATH being the same alignment?  Since Roo is already confirmed town, this question is basically just "Do you think ATH is town?"  Point #1 of my last post details several of the reasons why I feel ATH is probably town.  If I misunderstood your question, then let me know.

NJW2000:
Oh, and thanks for the scumchats, Meggas, they're here because I took a bit of time to find them.
Ah, sorry about that.  I should have linked to it directly.  Thanks.

origamiscienceguy:
WAIT A SECOND!!!
I'M ALIVE! cue dancing

AND LATER...

You seem to skipped over a post.

Oh and nevermind
Hector13 i didn't actually investigate you thats what i get for not saving pms i send
Actually i investigated Tomasque he is Innocent/not mafia

Ah. Who reminded you to say that?
the GMs pm dident go through. And i only got the results a minute or two ago

What do you think about this?

TolyK:
I'd still like you to answer my questions from earlier.
TolyK:
PPE:
Why is finding the jailor so important?
if the jailor roleblocked the mafia n1 then if we know who tge jailor is we can lynch the scum they blocked last night.
Yeah... no. Giving out who the jailer is practically leaves scum with 1 kill per day, meaning (if you're the real cop) that you only get one more investigation (this night) before dying. Then the odds are pretty bad, given random lynches (i.e. if scumhunting fails to catch scum specifically - chances-based model yadda yadda).
If you're scum, you'd of course want to get the town roles to reveal themselves.
You've consistently shown to advising strategies that benefit the scum team. This is why you are still (now?) my #1 pick.
Why do you feel so strongly about ATH being scum now?  He made dumb mistakes and used faulty reasoning during Day 1 as well, but you seemed more forgiving toward him back then.  For example, you explained one of the reasons why he'd misread stuff.
BTW, ATH has stated he has disgraphia (?), which makes it hard for him to write well (read too?).
You also didn't think it was a good idea to policy-lynch him during Day 2.
Given I haven't had much time lately, and Pfp, I'd say that Roo still stands in my suspicion list, plus ATH should probably not get lynched today, and not policy-lynched tomorrow unless no more info comes out. If he's a cop, having him confirm a townie and then getting lynched to confirm the townie... not the best plan.
What changed?

TheDarkStar:
You also haven't responded to some of my questions.
ATH is giving off a town vibe to me and he's the only one claiming cop. There's still a chance that he's lying and that we only have a jailor, but scum generally don't draw attention to themselves Day 1.

I voted for roo because, while he might have been scum defending his ally, he was also acting like scum trying to push a lynch on someone.

Why mention the fact that roo never made an outright claim if it was implied heavily enough that multiple people asked him about it?

Roo would have voted for ATH if he (roo) was the cop but not if he (roo) was scum. If ATH got lynched and flipped cop, then roo would have been the next lynch; if ATH flipped scum, roo would have been confirmed as cop. Roo's hesitancy to vote for someone he apparently knew to be scum was the main reason that I voted for him.
In your first post of Day 1, you asked Roo why he thought ATH was scum, but it was only a few posts earlier where Roo had declared ATH a troll and unvoted him.  Later, Roo posted a bunch of town reads and a null read on the "troll".  I understand how Roo's hesitancy was suspicious, but how was Roo trying to push a lynch on someone?  Why did you think at the time of your first post that Roo considered ATH to be scum?

Also, would you care to list the reasons for your suspicions and town reads?
origami you seem to have blatantly skipped a post hector grabbed said post and put it in quote above so i must ask did you miss that post or do you not believe it?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

NinO,NR.

Pots and kettles, brah.

Consider it in another sense then: I can be town, or I can be scum. I cannot be both. Thus, when someone tells me I'm second-most town, you can assume that means I'm second-last in their scum reads. Do you understand my question now?
Black/white thinking. He said you were suspisious, but you also seemed town: he mentioned 6 of 8 players, so obviously had null reads. You just had a bunch of information. And there's no garauntee thay were in order. Also, many people are suspiscious in mafia; town reads and scum reads are another thing. He found you dodgy but probably town, couldn't tell with others.

I didn't want to say this for him.

And how was I inactive while saying nothing? This is me attacking you.
One wheel short of a wagon

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AbstractTraitorHero:
1.  That was me, not hector13.  Please, spend a bit more time making sure you get the right people's names.
2.  You didn't have to quote my entire post, especially since it came only 2 posts earlier.  I understand that you use a phone and are limited in some respects, but in this case you could have just said something like "See Megggas' response two posts ago".
3.  If you have to quote a huge post, you can at least underline or bold the part of it that you are talking about.

origamiscienceguy:
What are your reads on every player?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45