Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54931 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »

EBWODB
What i mean is i cant think of something i can use ti defend myself beyond asking the gm to explain the mess up or showing you the pm it was a forum bug is a good way to explain what happened
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:51 pm »

Hector now you're pressuring ATH for their motivation on Tomasque, are you?
So despite the fact that he'd thought you were scummy, and that something was off about you, because he didn't investigate, you are no longer interested in what made you look fishy?
And don't say "I thought he meant to talk about Tomasque"; looking at the above, that'd be drivel.

I don't understand the question. I asked him what his motivation was in investigating Tomasque, because that would imply some degree if suspicion on ATH's part. Shouldn't we be asking about things like that..?

I still expect ATH to go through my posts to see what made him feel off about me during D1.

Also, I'm not convinced ATH is the cop. I think maybe the fact Roo seemed to sacrifice himself for ATH's sake suggests he thought he was the cop, but without Roo here to confirm that, that's just a wild guess.

Anyway, I'd still like ATH to answer the questions I asked yesterday about their thought process:

Spoiler: Questions and stuff (click to show/hide)

And Tomasque to answer this:

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?

So, Tomasque, I just noticed this, reading through some of the posts.

Two things about it are bothersome for me: firstly, TDS mentioned jailing ATH two posts prior to you asking him about it, so I struggle to see how you forgot where it was...

secondly, and more importantly, where else might he have posted it, hm?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »

Ok, I thought you wanted a auick response on that, then dropped it. ATH, do look through his posts, I may too, when/if I have time.

Also, Hector, seemed to scacrifice? Can you explain your thought process here?
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »

Roo was "pressuring" ATH after his claim, insulting him and such, before dropping that and his vote on him, before softclaiming something over the course of the day. They were also not all that active for the remainder of the day, then said he had a weak town-read on someone shortly before the day end, without explanation, suggesting they were expecting to take the hit for town, seeing as the only other player we (or at least I) had any suspicion about was ATH, who has claimed cop.

If Roo had proclaimed his innocence, we might have lynched our cop instead, which wouldn't be all that great.

I am so much on the fence about ATH being the cop though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »

Hector now you're pressuring ATH for their motivation on Tomasque, are you?
So despite the fact that he'd thought you were scummy, and that something was off about you, because he didn't investigate, you are no longer interested in what made you look fishy?
And don't say "I thought he meant to talk about Tomasque"; looking at the above, that'd be drivel.

I don't understand the question. I asked him what his motivation was in investigating Tomasque, because that would imply some degree if suspicion on ATH's part. Shouldn't we be asking about things like that..?

I still expect ATH to go through my posts to see what made him feel off about me during D1.

Also, I'm not convinced ATH is the cop. I think maybe the fact Roo seemed to sacrifice himself for ATH's sake suggests he thought he was the cop, but without Roo here to confirm that, that's just a wild guess.

Anyway, I'd still like ATH to answer the questions I asked yesterday about their thought process:

Spoiler: Questions and stuff (click to show/hide)

And Tomasque to answer this:

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?

So, Tomasque, I just noticed this, reading through some of the posts.

Two things about it are bothersome for me: firstly, TDS mentioned jailing ATH two posts prior to you asking him about it, so I struggle to see how you forgot where it was...

secondly, and more importantly, where else might he have posted it, hm?
ok
1 i felt very nervous and i played yhe game basically staring at my phone for replies i ended up jumping the gun becuase i was not thinking smart i think a big reason for this is becuase it was starting to get late and i was getting quite tired and ended up jumping the gun

2 proving the cop i planned to prove i was the cop by investigating and finding scum at night or on day 1 making them slip and say they were cop

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2015, 06:58:09 pm »

EBWODP
(Clicked post by accident)
3 this does give off some scum tells but no townie is ever completly free of them but i think it's a calid line of reasoning and if your suspicious keep an eye on me

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2015, 07:03:34 pm »

Right... well...

If we assume that ATH is telling the truth, that means that for the townies, we can focus on 5 of the 8 players remaining (yourself, Tomasque and ATH being town)

If he's not, then... square one. Get to scumhunting :P

4mask, what are your thoughts on D1, the lynch and everything that happened.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2015, 07:07:54 pm »

HOLD IT!
Right... well...

If we assume that ATH is telling the truth, that means that for the townies, we can focus on 5 of the 8 players remaining (yourself, Tomasque and ATH being town)

If he's not, then... square one. Get to scumhunting :P

4mask, what are your thoughts on D1, the lynch and everything that happened.
who do you mean when you say yourself

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2015, 07:10:27 pm »

... the town player. You and Tomasque are buggered in that sense though, since you're the cop and only know Tomasque is town, no-one else, while Tomasque was investigated and would only know you're town, seeing as you're the cop (also assuming he believes your cop-claim)

Every other town player - who believes your claim - will know that they are town, you are town and the player you investigated was town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2015, 07:16:21 pm »

... the town player. You and Tomasque are buggered in that sense though, since you're the cop and only know Tomasque is town, no-one else, while Tomasque was investigated and would only know you're town, seeing as you're the cop (also assuming he believes your cop-claim)

Every other town player - who believes your claim - will know that they are town, you are town and the player you investigated was town.
okay that makes sense i understand that much better thanks for explaining so i think we need to figure out either why the mafia dident attack someone or who is the jailor and who they roleblocked

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »

Why is finding the jailor so important?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2015, 07:29:29 pm »

Why is finding the jailor so important?
if the jailor roleblocked the mafia n1 then if we know who tge jailor is we can lynch the scum they blocked last night.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2015, 07:30:00 pm »

EBWODP
The

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

But if we find the jailor, they'll get NK'd by the other mafia member. There's also no telling if who they were blocking was the target or the killer, either.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2015, 07:34:01 pm »

But if we find the jailor, they'll get NK'd by the other mafia member. There's also no telling if who they were blocking was the target or the killer, either.
so we either lose the jailor night 2 and we lynch a scum or we lynch an innocent who the jailor protected from the mafia and the jailor gets nightkillled N2
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45