Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54832 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »

There are links to the pages at the top and the bottom of the page. Click the link of the page you want to go to, then find the post you want to quote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2015, 09:52:44 pm »

Ok, I'm going to bed.  I won't be able to post from a computer again until about 14-18 hours from now.  If I post any earlier than that, then it will be from a phone.  I'll answer questions directed at me when I get back.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »

There are links to the pages at the top and the bottom of the page. Click the link of the page you want to go to, then find the post you want to quote.
nope theres no links at all sir
(Im on phone)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »

Well I checked on my iPhone, was able to navigate to the various pages using the numbers at the top and bottom, so I don't know what's happening with you :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2015, 09:57:39 pm »

Well I checked on my iPhone, was able to navigate to the various pages using the numbers at the top and bottom, so I don't know what's happening with you :P
MY nemisis the iphone My Lg phone is not nearly as good as you and its screen is cracked IPHONE ONE DAY YOU WILL BE MINE!!!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2015, 09:59:44 pm »

EBWOP: I would like for you to provide some quotes to support that you were hinting that you were the cop, please.
how do i grab quotes from a previous page?
Press the "quote" button in the upper right corner of a post.

4mask, what sort of gambits do you have in mind for us n00bs?
This is my IC voice.  I will use this voice to give general advice and provide theories of mafia play.  My first piece of advice: always keep your wits about you and keep your options open.  Finding someone you think is obviously scum is nice, but there are more than one scum here, and there's always a chance your target isn't scum (unless they were confirmed scum, but in that case there isn't any doubt as to their identity).
4maskedwolf:Are you subtly trying to tell us that you have a reason to believe that ATH isn't scum?

Townie cop i said rolecop becuase my glasses are broken and rolecop and cop are pretty interchangeable but I'm town and I'm a cop so yes im a townie and too enthusiastic for my own good that i left hints everywhere and the mafia if they have been reading my posts most likely already know I'm the cop

What kind of hints do you think you left everywhere?  Why are you confessing to being the cop this early in the game?  How do we know that you aren't just scum claiming to be the cop in a desperate ploy to avoid being lynched? 

Since you claimed cop so early, you are basically guaranteed to die.  If you are the real cop, then the scum will kill you during the night.  If not, then you'll live through the night and we'll lynch you tomorrow.  If there's a real cop, he'll probably investigate you during the night to confirm your guilt.

Are you going to point out all the things the scum can do with this, or do you want to let them figure it out for themselves?

It would be a dumb move for the scum to not kill him if he's the real cop.  If they let him live though the night, he'll investigate someone as townie or scum.  Then before we lynch him tomorrow, he can identify the person he checked out as scum or town.  When he's revealed as the cop after lynching, then we'll take his investigation claim seriously.  If he identifies a townie, then that person will probably be the scum's next target during the following night, but if he just so happens to identify one of the scum, it would be disastrous for them.  I don't think the scum would take that chance.

Of course, if a jail keeper intervenes to block the scum's kill, then that could muddy things up a bit.

Eh, whatever the case, Unvote.  Unless someone counter claims cop, it's in our best interest to not lynch AbstractTraitorHero for now.  If he's legit, then we lynch a townie and deny him the chance to investigate somebody at night.  If he's not, then we'll find out by the end of tomorrow.
Megggas: I think that not voting him is a bad move. If he is Rolecop, he has a higher chance of finding a power role than if he was a cop looking for scum (since he wouldn't investigate himself nor his scum partner). What do you say to that (once you see this again)?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2015, 10:01:44 pm »

In fact, what do you think about what I just said to Megggas, ATH?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2015, 10:03:40 pm »

I would like to point out, Tomasque, that you are encouraging someone to vote for the person who claimed the town cop role.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »

In fact, what do you think about what I just said to Megggas, ATH?
what i think?
Its a reasonable line of thinking while it's. Wrong but i respect that you are coming at this at all angels and i hope your not scum you will probably be important for any chance of town victory i believe in you my fellow townie and let us somehow win this game or just have fun that's the point of a game right?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2015, 10:24:22 pm »

I would like to point out, Tomasque, that you are encouraging someone to vote for the person who claimed the town cop role.
When you frame it that way, you make me seem like scum instead of the like-minded townie I am.  :P

Point taken. I'll wait to see how things turn out with this until I accuse him/her anymore.
Money!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

I like my vote a lot. Don't think I'll be moving it. It's good that their were no cc's. It's bad play to cc d1.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2015, 10:50:39 pm »

So you're voting for the only person to claim cop.

Care to explain why?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2015, 10:56:48 pm »

So you're voting for the only person to claim cop.

Care to explain why?

I am and not particularly. It would be better if you waited for day 2.
Or not it's cool.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »

Yeah killing me via lynch day 1 would  allow 2 townies dead by turn 2 we don't want that at all so roo as the cop of this law abiding town and your clearly a law abiding citizen why shoudent we lynch you?
roo

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »

That's obviously not suspicious in any way, Roo. Why would you withhold a reason for voting someone?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45