Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54759 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (7/9) - Night 2
« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:20 pm »

shorten
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:42 pm »

God damn this is difficult on a phone...

I know the pain.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2015, 06:49:30 pm »

Stick a fork in this game; it's done.

Shorten
Shorten
Yes Oh glorious victory is upon us let us sing   from the rain our greatness and mourn the tragic loss of roo let us string up OSG and drink the wine of victory all hail Fernando our glorious leader!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2015, 06:50:07 pm »

gg everybody. There was no way I could win anyways. Thought I might as well have some fun  ;D

Shorten
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 17, 2015, 06:51:40 pm »

gg everybody. There was no way I could win anyways. Thought I might as well have some fun  ;D

Shorten
ah he accepts his upcoming doom how admirable but you seriously never got the chance to nightkill did you?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

By the way, Communism Simulator Mafia needs one more player. Does anybody feel like joining?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2015, 06:52:58 pm »

Shorten
ah he accepts his upcoming doom how admirable but you seriously never got the chance to nightkill did you?
Nope. Town had crazy luck this game: A cop (ToylK found out that ATH was a cop) and a doctor who roleblocked both nights. Also the lynch of ToylK day 2.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »

By the way, Communism Simulator Mafia needs one more player. Does anybody feel like joining?
Just joined my friend!  :D

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2015, 06:58:53 pm »

I'm already signed up for the same game.  Look forward to playing with you again, ATH. 

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that the Speech-To-Text app makes you much easier to understand.  Sorry about all the times I insulted you this game.  Part of the reason was so that I could draw your inspection in the event my quick-lynch-TolyK gambit failed.  I thought my behavior would have been pretty suspicious by that point.

Also, thanks TheDarkStar for randomly voting TolyK.  I didn't see that coming.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2015, 07:04:55 pm »

I'm already signed up for the same game.  Look forward to playing with you again, ATH. 

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that the Speech-To-Text app makes you much easier to understand.  Sorry about all the times I insulted you this game.  Part of the reason was so that I could draw your inspection in the event my quick-lynch-TolyK gambit failed.  I thought my behavior would have been pretty suspicious by that point.

Also, thanks TheDarkStar for randomly voting TolyK.  I didn't see that coming.

No problem no problem had a fun game I'm mainly a roleplayer on this forum I've always had a lot of free time and everone always said I'm really smart had a college level reading comprehension since 5th grade so ill do a lot better next game now that I have a better hold of this but I dident do that bad for a 1st Mafia game.
You guys can call me Mickey if you want.  :D

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2015, 07:32:23 pm »

Pulling out his cap Shakerag yells out "Its oragamiscienceguy, I've kept him on patrol for two nights now."  As the mob descends upon him, oragamiscienceguy gives himself up to the inevitable.  Its a quick lynch, and a quick search reveals he truly was trying to assassinate Fernando.

With the extra guards dead Fernando has a long and glorious reign, and the city of Chicago becomes a paradise in the wasteland.  All is well for your city, at least until the next election in 12 years.

oragamiscienceguy has been lynched, he was vanillia mafioso

Votecount:
*Shakerag - (0)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - (0)
*oragamiscienceguy - Hector13, Shakerag, Megggas, AbstractTraitorHero (4)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/4

Not voting: oragamiscienceguy, NJW2000, TheDarkStar,

MafiaScumChat

Deadchat

Spoiler: Flavorpms (click to show/hide)

As to the start of day 2 pm thing.  I had all the pms and the posts prepared but apparently the one to ATH didn't go through, he didn't invent it at all. 

As for gameplay, town just got a really lucky jail on night one, combined with lynching mafia day 2, they just couldn't recover.  I'll leave the analysis to the ICs though, and if anyone had any critiques for me running the game fire away
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2015, 07:36:11 pm »

Pulling out his cap Shakerag yells out "Its oragamiscienceguy, I've kept him on patrol for two nights now."  As the mob descends upon him, oragamiscienceguy gives himself up to the inevitable.  Its a quick lynch, and a quick search reveals he truly was trying to assassinate Fernando.

With the extra guards dead Fernando has a long and glorious reign, and the city of Chicago becomes a paradise in the wasteland.  All is well for your city, at least until the next election in 12 years.

oragamiscienceguy has been lynched, he was vanillia mafioso

Votecount:
*Shakerag - (0)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - (0)
*oragamiscienceguy - Hector13, Shakerag, Megggas, AbstractTraitorHero (4)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/4

Not voting: oragamiscienceguy, NJW2000, TheDarkStar,

MafiaScumChat

Deadchat

Spoiler: Flavorpms (click to show/hide)

As to the start of day 2 pm thing.  I had all the pms and the posts prepared but apparently the one to ATH didn't go through, he didn't invent it at all. 

As for gameplay, town just got a really lucky jail on night one, combined with lynching mafia day 2, they just couldn't recover.  I'll leave the analysis to the ICs though, and if anyone had any critiques for me running the game fire away

yep I'm truly the cop and we did well ft everyone gg

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory
« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2015, 08:04:26 pm »

I just finished reading the scumchat.
-Heh, back during early D2 when I began taking a closer look at TolyK, I noticed that joke TolyK made about 4maskedwolf missing from the scum chat.  After that I paid slightly closer attention to how origamiscienceguy and TolyK interacted.  When origamiscienceguy initially joined the game and started voting for ATH using mistaken reasoning, I waited before correcting him to see what other people, particularly TolyK, would say to him.  Though, to be fair, TolyK didn't provide me with any additional clues that they were linked, except for voting for OSG after he was about to be lynched.

-By the start of day 2, I also suspected that hector13 was the jailor.  I thought that may have been the reason why he was seemingly rolefishing during Day 1's RVS stage.  I figured that he might have jailed NJW since he put up such an intense resistance after NJW started attacking him.  For a while, I actually thought that TolyK's initial exchange with and vote for NJW during Day 1 might have been a form of early distancing, since neither was in much danger of being lynched at that point.  Honestly, I probably would have voted NJW over TolyK if hector13 had stuck to him and if I hadn't went back and reread NJW's previous game.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »

Congrats, town!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2015, 08:28:26 pm »

I had the same wait-and-see idea with regards to OSG voting ATH.

If this wasn't a BM and NJW's tunnel-vision didn't remind me of how I played when I was starting out, I probably would've kept my vote on him. Also if the day hadn't been extended I probably wouldn't have pressured OSG.

So to NJW I shall say his initial scum hunting of me was good, but he forgot to leave open the possibility that I was town. Then it seemed that he was sticking to the theory because he had held it as fact for such a long time he couldn't look past it, perhaps because he didn't want to admit he might be wrong, though that's a bit of conjecture on my part.

I'd quote the bit I said about scum hunting also being something to find town as well as scum, but I'm not going to try formatting that into a post with my phone :P

Had no idea about Tolyk though, well done guys.

I do want to know if the ICs + Shakerag have any issue with how I was questioning OSG about his assumption and the 2/3 pages after it. I don't know if it I'm just being self-conscious or what, but during it I felt I was being quite anti-town with how hell bent I was on trying to get him the explain himself :-\
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45