Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want the current Chapter to be rewinded back to Turn 1?

Yes.
No.
I'm not a player but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 104

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Closing.  (Read 68799 times)

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Is kinda brutal.
« Reply #1485 on: July 03, 2016, 12:10:52 pm »

At least Haspen gave us something

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 03, 2016, 02:37:46 pm »

I really hate ordering people what to do as a part of strategy development, but it seems like we're going to have to do so to get through this. Again. 

Alright, priority times:
1. Heal Iolani.  She dies next turn. Rescuing is a possibility, but given the likelihood for one-shot kills, not a good one.
2. Chalco stays up. He's hauling a fallen Prince Titon, and if Titon dies, we lose.
3. Heal Cyrus and Irza. They're down, but we have a couple turns here. Worse off is Irza, who will be easily cut off and killed.
4. Kill Salvar. The catch - anyone he knocks out dies at the start of next turn unless we heal them before the end phase of *this* turn, and a decapitation strike will not help us with the other assassins.

So, problems. Most of these are already known, but I want to outline everything:
1. Salvar kills 1d6 investigators per round will regularly hammer anyone he hits. He can hit almost everyone from outside their range, and of those who he can't, two hit his strongest defensive stat on the counter-attack (if they survive to make it) and won't do much more than scratch damage (if that; sorry, Io).  He can deal effective damage to both fliers, and he may as well do so to anyone with low RES. 
1a. Corollary: our reinforcements are all fliers with low RES.
1b. No one can guarantee a hit on Salvar. The closest appears to be Alice, with 93%, but she can't attack this turn.
2. Chalco and Lizbet can't get out of range of effective bow damage. 
3. Irza is about to be cut off, and she can't be airlifted out she can be airlifted out only by Chalco, who is carrying Titon at the moment (Corrected with thanks to Cricket and Crimson).
4. Our reinforcements are two full turns away at a minimum. 
5. Crits everywhere.  I'm just going to assume any hit is a one-shot kill, because that's the worst-case scenario. 

What I'm seeing for available players right now:
Spoiler: Salvar attacks (click to show/hide)
What this means: short of a very lucky crit, we need at least three successful hits including two from our main damage-dealers (Santoku, Lian-Ziu, Chalco, Titus) to connect if we want to one-shot him.  We can only *deal* three hits due to our map positioning, and that only if one of them is our weakest attacker, Lizbet (who is the only one who can work around behind the line, albeit at the cost of turning into a pincushion next turn).  If we miss once, we lose.  If we get entangled, we lose.  Conclusion: keep ignoring Salvar. He's in god mode, and will continue to be until we ourselves can promote.

Assassins: Better EVA than Salvar, same three-shot problem (though now we don't need it to be our primary three pain-deliverers; any three people can take down one Assassin), but they have the speed to double a lot of our people and the crits to do the job in one.  Plus sides are that we have triangle-advantage for our lance-heavy squad. 

Pahravites: Hee, no.  We don't need to attack these people to reach our reinforcements, and I'm not even going to look at the numbers.  Plus, healers. Any attacks we make here won't make a difference.

Honestly, part of me is wondering about the merits of suiciding the squad on the regular soldiers.  I don't even have a plan yet; I'll just post these to see what others think.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:47:39 pm by Culise »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 03, 2016, 02:41:06 pm »

We should bear in mind Chalco is capable of picking up and moving Irza, though we'll need to get Titon off him to do so. I personally think that since we spent the time to move south last turn that we should properly position ourselves in the hills and wait out, seeing if the Pahravanites thin out some of the Assassins.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 03, 2016, 04:51:59 pm »

I suppose the safest way for us to get to you (and not get riddled with arrows) is to go south then east, but in the meantime those horses will probably get to you first. Maybe Salvar with panic and GTFO again?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 03, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »

Chalco can remount and fly over the hills out of range of most things I think. Then either lizbet can do the same with Iolani or we figure something else out. Lizbet could also grab the prince and then chalco could get the captain

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 03, 2016, 05:32:52 pm »

Escape doesn't seem possible at any rate, since the Pahravanites are blocking it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 03, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »

Escape hasn't been possible since they arrived. Map objective changed to Keep Titon alive so yeah, not an option.

I'll maybe poke at a possible plan tomorrow, am exhausted tonight.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 04, 2016, 05:05:07 am »

Eh I'm pretty sure you guys will do fine.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 04, 2016, 07:16:56 am »

Okay so the fact that the Pahravanites attacked the asshats during the EP tells us they have about as much invested in fighting them as they have in fighting us. To that end, continuing to move south west to leave the asshats as their closer target is probably a good shot. We're stuck for two turns before our reinforcements are worth anything, so focusing on fighting is probably a bad idea.

Unfortunately, we're not going to get very far this turn because of Orena (and to a lesser extent Iolani) being down. We could abandon Orena to her fate and that might be slightly easier, but I don't like leaving NPCs to die if we can help it.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 07, 2016, 11:28:53 pm »

My opinion doesn't count for much, but

We can't run to let the other two groups fight without losing someone, as vulned units cannot move until the start of next turn, and when Iolani and Cyrus are vulned, she and whoever vulns them will be surrounded while everyone runs. Someone like Vera could grab one and canto out, but then we still face the issue with not enough people being able to get away at this point.
I need to put something interesting here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 08, 2016, 07:21:17 am »

Yinz can always leave Iolani if needed

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 08, 2016, 07:33:41 am »

And family means not letting everyone die stupidly

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:02 am »

Quote from: Haspen, IRC
16:50 <Hatkitty>: do y'all want a rewind back to Turn 1?

Just thought it was worth posting this in the thread, since not everyone is in the IRC. We're discussing in there and Swordstar and BMM42 don't think it'd change much and make good points, but this seems like the sort of thing that should have multiple opinions on it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 104